1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-lab SG Discussion Thread # 2

Dec 24, 2012

1. Sharing a pic of my newest girl who came home today - Ranka-chan. :)
      She's an SQ Lab Akane, and I apologize for the iPad photo quality.

[​IMG]

2. Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiii =3 Congrats!!!! :D

3. I seem to have caught DD-fever from some other gals in my local group, so I've been looking into the vinyls... of course, SQ Labs isn't actually vinyl, but whatever. (Cute, anime aesthetic - it works.)

Has anyone ever painted one of these heads up as a boy? I kind of like the idea of a Kirie or Misty-boy. (and a girl Tsubaki, she's too cute.)

4. She is very cute. I like her hair stlye. Enjoy your girl. :lol:

5. Hey guys I have a question, I sent an email to SQ labs last week and I havent gotten a response yet. Is that normal X_X ?

6. Hey everyone. I have an Iris/w body on layaway and I plan on making her a character from Strawberry Panic Suzumi Tomao. I ordered her through LordNoir. I've always enjoyed DD, even though I don't have one yet... but I really love the size and material used in Sqlabs heads and bodies. And the many different head sculpts is a great plus too.

7. Congrats LordNoir! and welcome Porcelainrabbitdoll! :)

I received a Dollmore order this week. Some stuff fit great! Other's I'm still trying out. I may make a Gallery post for it all. I'll link when I've taken all the photos.

I think for skirts Zaoll size works well. MSD is a mixed bag. MSD shoes as well. I got some great boots, but a zipper broke on one so I'm working out a solution with Dollmore. But all in all I'm pleased. :)

8. About buy the outfit on her. I'm lucky that here have local shop which it have alot of brand. I can go to try on her. This is small list which I try on and it's good on SQ-lab body!!

Nine9style: MSD size - ballelina skirts, short, T-shirt (with open neck) all fit but it will come shorter in sleeve and body length on her.
      Alice's collection: T-shirt which is too big for my MNF but fit quite well on sq-lab body. For short I can't pass thru her hip. For shoes with lolita style wide in front and boot are fit well without sock.
      Angel Studio: for t-shirt for MSD is too small for her. For shoes, Boot on MSD is fit on her.

I had also try on 1/3 size, all are way too big. I can't use at all. Only sock you can use it but will more length on her.

9. Oh, I can add also something to the list! :)

TTYA sweaters in MSD size fit great! Also some socks in MSD size that are meant for 'beefy' msd legs (Volks girls and such) fit nicely!
      At the moment my Moe is wearing a Monstrodesign MSD pants now, but they are a little tight fit. I am waiting on an SD13 pants from TTYA, I'll let you guys know how those fit on her :)

[​IMG]

10. I have one. ^^ My Shining Armor is an Iris on an Obitsu 60cm male body. He has more of an androgynous face-up.

[​IMG]
      Fuyuki and Hitomi by LordNoir, on Flickr

11. look at all of those lovelies lady :fangirl:

i've been stalking SQ-lab website for a while , and i'm planning to buy one but i noticed its like DD a vinly ?

is it harder to take care than resin ? like without MSC ?

12. Vinyl is much harder to take care of and stains super quick. Resin however does not and if it does the magic eraser should get the residue off.

13. I'm kind of popping in here as I'm planning for three lovely SQLabs heads in the future. A Luka, Haruka and Ranka~ I was just wondering if I could ask any of you who have these heads if they take Shooks to attach to a body or if they use some other system? I'm a little bit new to the anime-aesthetic dolls, but I've finally decided to take the plunge! *nervous*

14. SQlab dolls are made of resin, unlike DD dolls who are made of vinyl. Vinyl stains very quick but is lightweight (so if you like to take your doll a lot with you, maybe you'd like DD's better). Resin doesn't stain as quick and just like Porcelainrabbitdoll said, you can take the stains of with magic eraser. But resin is heavier then Vinyl.

The heads of SQlab can be used with the peg system of the DD's and Obitsu's, but also with the normal hook system :)
      Reference picture from their site (I cut a part out): http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/934/sqlabhoofd.png

15. Ah thanks Bubblefox! It's good to know that it can work with either~ I totally only just found where those pictures were too! I didn't look at their bodies (since I won't be getting one) so I missed them. >.<;;; Thanks for linking me!

I think this makes my plans official though :) Might be a while before they'll come into action (probably later this year) but I can't wait! *dances about*

16. I actually just had a customer commission a Kirie and Misty head to be Kaname and Zero from Vampire Knight. I'll get a couple of photos to post here as a reference once they are finished. :)

17. A bit ago I found this picture of 3 custom DD's where 2 were as guys (I guess male obitsu body?). If it's possible with DD's it sure is possible with SQlab :)

[​IMG]

18. Kymera: I'm planning on making my three boys~ I'm in the middle of doing mock ups for their face ups in photoshop hehe ^___^

Bubblefox: Ah I saw that one! I think the one in the striped blazer is super cute hehe

19. Spamming this thread a bit more, but my TTYA stuff for my Moe came in yesterday. The pants in SD13 (girl) fit really nice in length! Around her butt it's a little loose, but I actually like it that way.

[​IMG]

20. Nice Moe.. I like her outfit. TTYA is one of favorite brand but I never have my own. I think I need to try one. :)