1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-lab SG Discussion Thread # 2

Dec 24, 2012

1. @Adamantine I also think your WS is the one that matches DD because the Real white skin for their SDs are almost paper white. ^ ^
      @purplepaws Is Bambi Kanandoll's Bambi? I think she is more towards msd size..? Currently I have a Navi head, a Dollgru 09 head, luts msd, soom msd and a Volks head though a male so it's kind of large (22.5cm). If any of their sizes is close to your head I can do a match for you to see the proportions. ^ ^

2. @reitsuki She's SD sized. If you look at Kana's Flickr, she's always photographed on a SDGr body. I wanted her to be a bit shorter and less mature looking than that though. Like the DG-59 body, or April Story's Junior body. But I'm not so sure about the proportions now. -A- Kanadoll's resin is almost a perfect match to my Volks Belldandy so whichever company matches Volks' new NS should also match my Bambi. I just thought I could take advantage of April Story's sale. ;A;

3. I just got a reply from SQ-Labs. Turns out she was hospitalized due to kidney stones but she's better now. :( I feel bad for being impatient. I always thought they had more than one person working there though. I just put in the order for my DG-61 body and a pair of hands. YAY!

4. I got her email today too. She has indeed recovered from kidney stones. I emailed her since I wanted a Navi head, but I wanted to know any hybridisation that may be possible for the head .

5. @Mishita If you're getting the head in real skin then any body that matches Volks NS should be a good match.

6. @purplepaws cool! I want to see if I get a different body or settle for sq's own. I can't say I have seen much sq mentioned around the local groups. I love the Navi one, I think I want it as a sorta evolution reshell of an old character xB

7. Anyway I have posted my order over email to the SQLab gal XD. Navi open eyed and 61 body. Let's see how it all goes O_o

8. Does anybody know, if a feeple60 head would fit the DG61 body? Im thinking of doing a hybrid out of my Fairyland FLA60 head.
      The measurements: shoulders FM60 11cm / DG61 11.5cm and neck FM60 8.4cm / DG61 8.8cm
      Those should be quite similar but Im still unsure..

9. Apparently my Navi has posted...but my tracking number registers as nothing .

10. I too am curious to know if this will work and what colour of SQ Labs resin will match Fairyland normal skin best. I've got a head from FL pre-ordered and I'd love a different body for her and I absolutely love the DG61 body <3

11. According to WennieBJD the best match would be SQLab normal skin. She owns a SQLab Hibiki in normal skin on a Feeple60 normal skin body. You can check her album "Miyuki" for skin reference. SQLab normal skin is a bit darker, but its better to match the head to the body, this, i think, would be the best option.
      If you like this kind of body, you might also check April Storys SG body. Its quite similar and has a smaller neck circumference, which is better. Dont know about the skin though.
      Hope this helps :)

12. Thanks for pointing me towards Wennie, Diaspro! It looks like a pretty good match with the SQLabs head.
      I had actually looked at April Story before for the reasons you mentioned (and the bodies are pretty cheap which doesn't hurt!) but apparently the resin match is pretty terrible. I don't mind sanding the head and/or neck of the SQ body a bit if I have to to get it to fit. But I think it should be close, most FL heads seem a bit bobble-headed on their own bodies anyway that the smaller neck circumference shouldn't be too much of an issue XD

13. What bothers me about April Story is, that their body is too muscular. You cant see it on promotion pictures, but on owner pictures.
      Ive found a picture where you can see the neck part of the DG61 pretty good. It looks like you dont even need to sand the neck. You can find it here
      Fairyland heads are bobble-headed because the neck part is a bit loose. The heads arent connected directly to the neck (:

14. Wow, glad to see that SQ Labs is back in business and sending out stuff. After my ordeal last year of no doll for months,no communication and battling Paypal to get my money back I won't be ordering from them ever again but if they are back for good that means things will eventually trickle down to the MP......

15. Yeah, I remember emailing them in June last year, just a query, and I did not get any reply until around December. She explained why she could not reply and apologised about it. But she had the doll in stock, I originally had only planned to buy the head, but I honestly didn't fancy breaking my brain anymore in regards to hybridising (my entire resin collection are all hybrids, and I got brain dead from researching and looking for best ideas) I think you can email her now, she has been ever so good.

16. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.....

I'll watch the thread and as more orders come in I'll get more confident about their stability as a company. I still need that body I ordered but never got last year.....

17. How are the recent orders going..?

18. I'm also curious to know if anyone has ordered recently... I'd like to get some option hands but I'm not sure if I should risk ordering or not...