1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SQ-lab SG Discussion Thread # 2

Dec 24, 2012

1. @Yumeiro They have an English site and US shipping quotes, so I'm just making the assumption.

2. @mewserie Which they've had for a long time. But their reply-rate has been unreliable. They used to be very good with replying once, but now... not that I know of.

3. Yeah, they’ve had that English site for a long time and it you click around, you’ll see that it doesn’t seem to have been updated since 2014...

4. Ah, can't believe I missed that! That sucks ;n; there are external dealers who sell them so it's not like it's impossible, just a bit more of a premium to buy from them. Thank you though that really answers my question pretty much haha

5. Is it sad that I'm starting to look at selling my 53cm body because there's no easy way to get a new one? Hands or anything really. She's really the wrong color and I can't even re-do her faceup because her head /and/ body are blushed to match each other.

6. Just to give a recent anecdote, I ordered an SQ Lab head from Koreadolls in November and it just arrived. The time it took to arrive was longer than expected (about two months past the high end of their estimate), but given the pandemic situation I'm surprised they got it to me as soon as they did. The communication wasn't great (I had to write several times each time to get a response even back in November), but I'm very happy with the head I received.

7. I emailed Koreadolls (sqlab related) on the 19th of July and got a reply today.
      So they are still active and dealing with SQlab orders, it seems.

8. Sadol 9/11/2020:
      "Hello, this is Sadol!
      We've been quite quiet! So many things happened and we don't know where to address it!

For those who are familiar with Kanalcode's SQLab doll.
      We bought their trademark and now proudly present you SQLab dolls under Sadol!

They are available in normal and white skin!
      More to come! So stay tuned!!

Thank you!"
      - Sadol

9. Hello, what's the difference between the two white skins proposed by Sqlab?

10. @Demiurgo Are you looking at SADOL's website? I only see Normal and White. (From what I understand, SQ-Lab was bought by SADOL, and no longer exists as a separate entity.)

11. [​IMG]
      The other white might be "Super Dollfie white"..? Or just a generic white. (The normal is "Volks SD normal")

12. @Valor @Yumeiro Yeah, I mean are they implying that DD-white is the same white released by Volks? Could be my monitor, but that DD-white doesn't look so white to me XD

13. @Demiurgo @Yumeiro The DoA wiki page says that (Kanalcode-owned) SQL-Lab's shades are for Super Dollfies and Dollfie Dreams. The names don't match the ones in the picture, but they look like they're the same.

Looking at Dollfie Dream comparison pictures, I think that the DD-White might be for Dollfie Dream's Semi-White (pinky white), not White (paper white).

14. As far as I remember, semi-white wasn't around when SQlabs started. So it has to be the "old white". Unless they updated and never announced it?
      And yes, I agree, it does not look like Dollfie Dream white in their picture. But I've heard that their batches used to differ a bit. So it is possibly a bad batch/photo/lightning.

Now that I think about it, I think Sadol is the ones who casted their bodies (well, before they acquired them), if I'm not completely mistaken. Or designed/sculpted them..?
      Either way, asking them might help shed some light, if no one here knows.

15. @Valor @Yumeiro dd-white is a light pink color.

This is what Sadol told me. So basically is not even white.

16. i think theyre using an old color chart for these. The only options to buy are white and normal, not the DD matching colors.

17. @Cydril ohhhh ok! I was misled by dolkus site, then. DD white and DD normal are listed as options as well.

18. Thats weird, its only an option on the Miyuki head too. You could ask them, but Dolk has a lot of translation errors (in my experience) so I would trust Sadols website directly over them.

19. Is Dolkus still known for terrible customer service? I'd avoid Dolkus anyway.