1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring instead of playing

Aug 18, 2006

1. I like to have Aki near me, by the compy... I find myself staring at his face, messing with his hair, looking at his eyes... but he also gets his time outside, in shoots, traveling, photostories and the like... he does it all...lol

2. I mostly star/adire my girls from afar. I don't really play with them.

I only touch/move them for photoshoots or dressing.

3. Well same here. I usually admire my boys but i rarely touch them, only to change dresses if i think they need and sometimes to take photos for Deviantart.
      I don't really play with them too... ^^'

4. It varies a lot with mine...

Seimei, Serras and Sannru, Amber and Kingfisher aren't very "cuddly" personalities. They tend to stay in their favorite places, and while I'll change their poses and fix their hair frequently during the day, and they get their pictures taken or they'll go out with me occasionally, I don't do a lot of active playing with them.

Harumatsu, Teacup and some of the others *are* played with frequently. I take their pictures often, and take them out with me. Harumatsu is almost always where-ever I am. They get cuddled and act as my "extra hands" when I'm sewing... all sorts of very active kinds of things...

It all depends on the personality of the character they represent. Serras would rather be cuddled by Sannru than by me... So I let him. :D

5. lots of looking here, yes... i'm not sure what playing means. every morning i dress my dolls (having usually put them to bed the previous night), and set each of them up on my desk with something to do- hold their pet puppy, read a book, smooch. sometimes i run errands with them, carrying them in my doll bag (although now i have five the bag may be too small!) and Isazu likes to dance on the kitchen table, surrounded by pillows so he doesn't break his nose. is this playing?

"Let me sleep," groans Kichibei ;)

6. Hrm, compared to how I treated the dolls I had as a child, I don't really play with my bjds. Most of the time I just change their clothes. I do notice that when I'm at home during school breaks they tend to be ignored for days, mostly because they have their own sitting space. But at school, space is limited so I tend to move them around when they're in the way, and they keep me company when I write papers. ^^ But still, a lot of that involves sitting and staring.

7. some of my girls are played with more than others. for instance, eisley (my sharmin) gets dressed and hangs out a lot because she's really kicky, but on the other hand, remedy (my volks kun), even though she's my biggest girl, gets the most attention as far as playing goes. the tinies get changed a lot but the don't watch tv with me or really go anywhere with me.

8. for me, it really depends on which one in my group it is. For some, like Megumi, she's one of those look but don't touch girls O_o

others, like Jun or the twins, get "played with alot" I walk by and pose them, change outfits, brush hair, that sort of thing, and this happens quite often.

Hesue and Jenova are more half and half. Jenova spends alot of time at the compy when I'm there, or sitting somewhere looking the sexy he is, I brush his hair alot, but his clothing doesn't get changed too often [he has favs] so at times I like to just look at him, other times I'll "play" -Hesue is the same [only his time is spent perched at the phone table, took that over real quick for some reason]

Shura and Nine are just heads, but even Shura gets picked up alot so I can brush that long ass hair he has, so it really depends..

some of mine are touchable, others are look only, others are part column A part column B, it really depends on them and the personality the have ^^;

9. I stare at my dolls all the time, then re-pose them and stare again.

Heh.

10. Mine tend to get involved with most things- posing, phtoshoots, being dressed, sitting with me...but every night before I go to bed I put them back in their corner and stare at them just thinking about how gorgeous they are and how lucky I am...they make me feel so happy

11. Mostly my dolls sit on their little places and I look at them whenever I am passing or simply go in that room to stare. I tend to have a project like making clothes or a new faceup that will mean one doll sits wherever I am for a few days and even comes to work or out to the supermarket for a time,(left in the car). Staring is fun though:).

12. I'd probably say I stare at my dolls more than I would play with them. Not necessarily that I'm overly scared of damaging them just that I think they are really beautiful. :D

13. I think I sort of stare, and then go ahead and pick her up to play about with. ^^ It's like the staring makes me want to play with her ^^

14. I play with them a lot, but I am an avid starer. those faces... so enchanting...

15. Heehee I hadn't really thought about it, but yeah I really do stare at her a lot! Normally I'll change her outfit and put her in a cute pose next to my computer, so I can casually glance at her every now and then. Since I usually end up spending so much time at my computer, she's a pleasant distraction, sometimes I get more distracted by wanting to pose her differently xD Sometimes though, I just hold her and stare o_o;; (I can't help it! She's just so gosh darn cute!):D

16. No not at all. That is playing for me. When I say 'playing with my doll' I don't make a story and do little voices out loud. For me playing with my doll can be anything from sitting with them, changing clothes to brushing hair or taking pictures.

17. I mostly stare at my big ones and play with my tiny ones. It's a lot more trouble to play with the big ones and they don't have as many clothes choices as the tiny ones, but I love each and every one.

18. I'm mostly a starer. I really don't go anywhere that I'd want to take a doll [work? hah!] and one out of the three has issues that demand I have to be more attentive to her than the other two [which is actually very character-accurate :p] However, I have made it a bit of a point to take them out to the back yard and get a few shots now and again.

19. Me too, I much prefer staring at them or having them near me as opposed to actually playing with them. but I do like to change their clothes from time to time. :)

20. Jacobean and I think similarly about 'playing'.... I guess I kind of believe that play changes as you age, and also is quite different from person to person. For instance, I consider concocting backstories for my BJDs a form of playing with them. It's a play that happens inside the mind, but is still undoubtedly fun and imaginative.

I'd say I'm a cuddler, though, when it comes to physical playing. I just like to hold Idris... he's unbelievably cuddly. =^_^=