1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring instead of playing

Aug 18, 2006

1. I do love staring at them as much as playing with them... I tend to end up staring at my limiteds more but I do think what outfit to put them in all the time too... I don't love them any less than the ones I play with XD

2. I'm a starer :P
      To me, "playing" with my doll consists in arraging him in a nice pose... and then STARE °w°

3. I play a lot more with my OT dolls and it kind of makes me a little sad but at the same time I know it's because I'm afraid of hurting my doll or accidentally dropping... getting her dirty... all of that, because she's so much more expensive. But also the OT dolls are greater in numbers so there's nice interaction. I think once I have more than one BJD I'll be playing around with them a lot more.
      So long story short, I do mostly stare at my BJD. She sits by the monitor for easy stare-age.

4. Yup, I like to stare. Very much so :)

5. I don't own a bjd yet!!! but how can you not stare they are all gorgeous!

6. I stare at them more than play with them.Am afraid of touching them and getting them dirty.Bought outfits for them but never dare to redress.

7. When it comes to my yo's, I tend to stare at them more than play with them. For my SD's its a little bit of both. I carry aSD with me everywhere.

8. I mostly stare at my dolls then photograph them but I never play ...

9. I only stare at mine if I'm too lazy to get up and I'm wondering about something (like, would that wig look good? Or, should I get the black shoes/top/trousers?) I love physically interacting with my dolls- I'm always touching them or picking them up, even if it's just to dump them on the bed in an undignified heap while I look at DoA or measure them for an outfit etc. Other times I do just look I guess, but I'm normally concocting something. I do like just sitting with them in my lap though. Once, when I was tremendously upset, Cass had dinner with me- I just sat him in my lap while I ate as something to sort of hold on to for dear life and I actually felt better...

10. I love having my dolls surround me. I always have one with me but I love to "play with them". Dress them up, pet their hair, hold them, taking them out for pictures. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do! :)

11. I don't think it's weird ti just enjoy the dolls.
      After all there isn't a rule that says they must be played with :P
      Sometimes when my life is a bit too busy to really interact with my dolls i just set them up so i can see them often.

12. I think I just admire Amalia more than anything else. I mean, occasionally I do shoots with her but not often. I'm just too busy(at least right now), so I just enjoy seeing her on my shelf looking pretty.

13. to be honest, maybe i'm just boring but i can't think of much to do with them besides changing them and staring at them... i don't have any face up talent though.

usually my puki stands on my computer and i just stare at her. or at my bed side. but i have been known to start "playing" by making up poses, and posing her with re-ment... just not really talking or anything, or like really doing it too thoughtfully unless i have an idea.

14. I like bringing them out for a couple of photoshoots, and to simply keep around when I'm watching TV or surfing the internet... like now. The word "playing" makes me think of how little kids throw, squeeze, and drag their toys around... ^^; I know that's not what BJD owners do, but it feels almost weird saying I "play" with my dolls. Maybe "hanging out" is what I do.

Anyway, I can't last in a staring contest with them. They win every time. lol

15. I think I do that a lot. I don't talk to them, and I don't fuss with them - probably because I don't have many extra wigs/clothes/shoes/picture backgrounds to fuss with them. So she's in her one dress, sitting here, or there; and for the most part, I'm doing something else.

16. I don´t play with my dolls, i dress them up and take pictures of them......or do a little diorama for them to take pics......but....playing.....no......sometimes they sit on my desk next to me and i stare at them ^^ but i also take them with me when i go out.........

17. I don't play with them. Unless i'm changing clothes, wigs or maybe reposing them. I stare as well.

18. I just got my doll saturday and already I've found myself just staring at him. Also, I have this habit of holding him whenever I'm at my computer. There's just something comforting about his weight. :-D

19. I definitely play with some dolls, and just stare at others.

Miyuki is a play-with doll. She's actually with me at work now, and I find myself stopping every now and again to fuss with her wig, to move her around, to put her in a different pose. No, I don't play with her like an action figure, but I do still play with her.

Kithara, on the other hand, sits on my computer desk and I just sigh happily and stare at her. XD

20. Nope not strange, but I don't even play with my doll. I just stare and then stare some more ahah. I also just take pictures too.