1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Staring instead of playing

Aug 18, 2006

1. I wouldn't call it staring, but I sure would call it admiring. I have my girls nearby whenever I am home, usually on stands. That's where they stay most of the time, except for clothes changes and photo shoots. I only wish *I* looked half as good as they do!

2. I do alittle of both. I sometimes play with him, but most of the time, I look at him constantly. I like to sit him on my lap whilest I am in gaming mode or, when my fiance is not around, to cuddle up with when I watch a movie.

3. In my case, it would probably be both. Yes, I shall definitely be playing with them quite a bit and toting them all over the place, but at the same time, I will probably do plenty of staring. I know this already because I've always done this with other dolls. Sometimes I'll get them out of their storage area just to look at them, I usually do this with my favourites, simply because they're pleasing to look at. And as pretty as BJD's are, my resin babies will probably never get a break. :lol:

4. LOL! My husband is the same, if any of my dolls (Blythe mostly but now I can add bjd to that list!) he always laughs and says I have been "playing" with them like a little girl ..... he loves it really and occasionally, if he moves them, I tease him the same way ;)

As for my BJD, I can't stop staring at him, I find him totally fascinating - the detail, the size .... its amazing! Like a piece of awesome movable art XD

5. I'm definitely a starer. Once I'm satisfied with a doll's wig/outfit/eyes, I usually just have him/her sitting around in my home office. I pick one to sit on the desk, and the others stay on their couch or the bookshelves in front of my desk.

6. I feel like when someone says "playing" with dolls, it gives the connotation that they are playing with them like barbies. I know when I interact with my dolls, they are either sitting with me, laying in bed with me, or getting hugs lol. I stare a lot, simply because when it comes down to it, they are just so pretty lol. So no, it is not weird at all to just stare :)

7. I tend to just look at my dolls instead of play with them. I don't know, I guess they've just got the job of sitting there and looking pretty. XD

8. I stare at mine all the time. I'm often stumped on what to do with my doll after I've looked at her. As much money as she was, I feel like I should be doing more, besides holding her. But I don't know what. I change her eyes, wigs, and clothes, but I don't know what else to do with her. I'm going to learn face ups, as I'm new to this hobby, and I really enjoy trying to make little pieces of jewelry for her, but I want to do more. I have a sewing machine I don't know how to use, so that I can make clothes. I guess that's my next step, learning to sew for her. I think I just like making things for her. I want to make her a trunk for her clothes!

9. lol ... if there people call it strange then call me strange :sweat

i sometimes love to play with my doll , like hugging him or kissing him or watching TV or taking picture or just cuddle him while watching TV BUT most of my time i just stare at him ... last Sunday i was home alone and i was bored , nothing good at TV and my boy was sitting on the table next to me and i just began to stare at him for almost half an hour .... :sweat

10. I don't think that there's anything strange about staring at your dolls. I think it would be more odd not to want to admire them, or a signifier that you've lost interest or are just a very busy person, haha.
      Personally, I play with them and stare at them, both. It just depends on how busy I am.
      Sometimes I don't know what to do with them after I've exhausted cuddling, photographing, posing, and dressing so there's nothing left to do but gawk at the pretty. *_*

11. I think I stare at them more than I play with them. When I play with them, it is usually just to dress them up and make them look cute, so I can look at them. I don't really hold them. I find them to be a hassle if they are in my arms or lap. I will, however, set them by me or my computer sometimes.