1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting them young... what age to collect BJDs?

Dec 26, 2005

1. my baby bro is nine and will be coowning a hound with me - he's helping to save. <3

2. My little brother wants one of the big boys, and he's 9 ^_^

3. I'd love to get someone really interested in them XD I took my first JJD, a Bee-A to school a while ago and the most interested people there were the boys who wanted me to show them her privite parts >.<;;; My friends just thought I was a moron, so I don't think I can get them interested XD

My Mum knows most the names for the MSD doll comapnies and bought some doll stuff for me from companies she knew I liked and totally surprised me XD... She's not that interested though, although she does like to make dressses for Dawn(Bee-A) and play with Gabriel's(Tender Too) hair and stuff ^^.

On Christmas day, my grandmother absolutly loved them though! She saw my new couch and my lovely dollies sat on it and instantly made them cuddle and kept squeeking things like 'Oooo! She's got a little boyfriend, look!'. Later on, she sat downon the couch next to me and started admireing the little dresses and wigs I'd bought for them, and commenting on the stuff my Mum made for them ^o^ I've never seen her so smiley! *cuddles her* She'd never buy one though XP She's not THAT interested.

I wanted to show my Aunt, who would probably like them, if only a little. (She's the type who would probably find out as much as she can and secretly buy me one next year's Christmas or something XD...) But I didn't end up going, and even if I did, they'd probably be stolen by my millions of second cousins who are all toddlers ;__;...

I was fourteen when I got into BJDs and my Dad was super angry when ever I even looked at them >>; A few months later though, I begged enough and Ihe finally bought me my pair ^o^ He still hates them though XP

ANYWAY, to answer your question, not yet! But I'd like to ^_^ *goes on too much*

4. A little off topic, but...

Cloudtrader, when did you go to the Volks store? If you went Sunday, I may have seen you there! XD; (If you went today.. I thought they were only open on the weekends?)

5. I guess you could say I was responsible for getting my sisters interested in this expensive hobby. n.n A couple years ago, I stumbled across the volks website. Fell in love with Shiro T. I showed my sisters. Angie, 21 now, didn't really like any of the volks dolls. Nena, 12 now, really liked the 4 sisters head mold. Some time later, I forget how, we came across the luts page. And then BAM! They were both completely enamoured.

Some time later, at a doll meetup we go to even though we have no dolls...Angie and Nena aquire heads. Dreaming Shiwoo Vampire and Mod. Sleeping Chiwoo.

We also managed to slowly get my mom into the hobby. n.n She's got a SoulKid Sweeney girl.

But yeah.. Got the youngers into it. Angie has a Dreaming Vampire Shiwoo and has a Tanned El coming in the mail. Nena has a Mod. Chiwoo girl and an Elf Nara. :3

6. Yes, I was there Sunday, Christmas day. My niece and I got there around 11:15 and left a bit after noon. It was mostly empty, but if you saw the girl with the two braids and a Hisui in her arms, that was me. ^___^

7. I did see you! XD; I was there with my parents and my Kun the same time as you guys. Your niece was really cute! :3

Anyway, I was just wondering. XD;;

8. I got my eleven year old daughter involved. She's always labelled herself a tomboy (although surreptitiously playing with Barbies from time to time.) I showed her this website and posts from people who never played with dolls until they found bjds. She's a gifted writer and very creative with character development and was impressed that people bought dolls to actualize characters. Now she has a Souldoll Tiffee that she named Alexa after her friend. We got Alexa outfits from the Hopscotch Kids line at American Girl for Christmas. They fit great and are right in keeping with Alexa's character.

9. Sadly, my younger brother and cousins don't seem to be interested with anything I am (except for manga, etc.), so finding them interested with my hobby of ABJD would be very shocking.

Also, I'm the oldest out of the group of friends that know I'm into the hobby. Even if they are awaiting his arrival and are interested in actually seeing one up close, I don't think they would be pulled into it as much as I have. Or, pulled into it to actually buy and own one.

10. My nieces and my nephew love mine but they seem more obsessed over my Pullip dolls. Maybe because they are more obtainable at $70 a pop.

11. My little cousin (I think she is about five now) is facinated by my boys. She loves that you can switch their eyes and wigs. Visiting them for the holidays, she carried them around and watched t.v and such with them (under my close supervision, of course). She's a bit too young to understand totally what they are but, she does show potential :)

12. T_T you guys are lucky to be able to get your little siblings/cousins into the hobby.

My little sister is scared to death of Ryu... It's kinda funny that she refuses to be alone in the same room as him. There's hope in my little cousins though! As soon as they both get old enough (currently one on the way and one at 7 months) in the next few years, I"ll slowly introduce them ^^

What a bad role model I am ^^

13. I haven't really gotten anyone to buy a doll yet but my little 9 year old cousin really likes to play with my dolls when he comes over.

14. I have a three year old daughter, and she's completely in love with them. Whenever RozyK brings Frankie over (or when I borrow her), she wants to carry her around, talk to her, change her clothes and wigs, and play with her as much as I'll let her. She's very careful with her, but I still worry. I'm planning on getting a CP Soo soon, and Victoria is constantly asking me: "when is our doll coming, Mommy?" And then I have to remind her that Soo will be my doll, and she'll get her own in a few years if she shows me she can be nice to her. She's already picked one out...she wants either a DES or a Lishe. XD

15. Y'all are so lucky to have family members interested in your hobby! Mine aren;t that interested, but I think my sister might like a vampire DES someday. I'm trying to get her more interested.... I have a 5 year old daughter, but she's not much into dolls-- she's a plushie animal gal, and has about 40 'babies' that she carts around everywhere and cares for. She does love looking at my dolls though, and was so excited when I got my new Dana-- and was genuinely heartbroken and horrified when she arrived with one hand unattached! (Luckily I was able to restring the arm and attach the hand, and spent all day reassuring my daughter that Dagny was alright! :) )

If anyone got into BJDs, it'd be my 8 yr old son. I know he'd love to get one to be a ninja or other martial artist type character that could wield weapons. He's always arming my girls with his action figure swords and weapons and such. Come to think of it, it'd be way fun to get a boy mini size doll and sew a costume for him and come up with a bunch of cool weapons for him...my son would love it...if only I had the funds! (Yep I'm a greedy mom-- my extra savings has to pay for *my* new dolls! ;) )

16. I have a really cute story...
      I got my 13 year old sister hooked on BJDs. When I showed her the luts site, she immediately fell in love with Lishe and has loved her and only her for about a year! I couldn't help but order her dream doll for Christmas;P but she hadn't arrived yet so I wrote a note (from Lishe) on a luts postcard I received saying her flight was delayed. I had also ordered some clothes and a wig for her a little ahead of time, so Lishe said on the postcard that she had sent her luggage ahead. (I packed the clothing in little BJD sized bags and purses). She burst into tears when she read it and opened her luggage, she was so happy:) She's named her Ayaka and has written a whole bio for her! She will be posting lots of pics of her when she arrives.

17. My sister is ten and loves playing with her Bratz and Barbies, and seems pretty interested in the dolls I've brought home (although she only liked playing with my Ani). I think with a little more age and a little more money, she might buy one of her own. (I've already gotten her into anime/manga and learning Japanese. what a little genius geek in the making. n__n; )

18. I blame you.. yes every single member on this board for my obsession.
      Being the youngest (erm..12*...) I can't start anyone young. So everyone one on this board is responsible for my addiction. Thank you!!

*I am on this board with Parental Permission, so no wierd e-net laws are being broken.

19. I would love to get my middle sister addicted to them >___> But I doubt that'll happen. She's nearly 16, so old enough to appreciate them.

20. I'm 14 and I have always loved dolls, the first time I saw a BJD was when I was in third or fourth grade. I got my cousin into BJDs, she doesn't have one yet, but I was going to buy her a dollfie plus, I don't think my aunt would let her have a doll that is as expensive as a SD but she might let her have a YO-SD! I wish there were more people closer to my age that collect BJDs.

~Alyson