1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Storing Extra Parts (hands, feet, etc.)

May 8, 2019

1. I'm liking the padded jewelry box idea, but the tea/apothecary box with pull-out drawers seems so charming.

2. I also collect old wooden boxes--jewelry boxes, tackle box, a secretary desk--I love anything with a billion tiny compartments, so that was the natural solution for me. You might consider toolboxes or those plastic fold-out jewelry cases, though.

3. I use a hanging jewelry holder that has zippered dividers. I have hands, feet, extra wieners (for my Loongsoul boy haha), wigs, and other small accessories organized in there. Easy to find, safe, and doesn’t take up much room!

4. I use zipper bags in thick paper drawers. The advantage is that you can describe each floor with a marker. I also store wigs and eyes like this.

5. I have a big hutch/wardrobe type thing, and inside that I have those plastic storage drawers, the stackable ones. One has props, two have clothes, and the last one has all the parts. The more delicate ones are wrapped, but the rest are just sort of in there...

I like the idea of the tea chest/apothecary cabinet, but most of my parts are too big to fit into those little drawers. In addition to hands, feet, and animal ears, I've got legs, wings, and a whole torso, plus big antlers and whatnot. I'd love to find a more elegant solution, but I suppose what I have will do for now.

6. I use one of those plastic boxes for jewelry, with the compartments and the snap-on lid. My only gripe is that sometimes I have to separate a pair of hands or feet if they're for bigger dolls and the compartments aren't big enough, but it isn't such a huge deal because I can just label with a sharpie on the plastic lid.

7. I keep all my extra parts in glasses containers! Like the cheap, clear plastic ones? My eyesight has gotten worse so I have quite a few! Very handy and very easy to store.

8. I don't throw away my dolls' original boxes as a general rule, so each doll's spare parts go into the blanket or padding that they came with. This takes up far more space than any normal human should have to deal with, so in all good conscience, I can't honestly recommend it. :sweat

9. I have all mine in a BB-8 cookie jar all wrapped up in bubble wrap.

10. I tend to leave any extra parts in the box they arrived in. I store all of my company boxes on top of a high cabinet so they are out of the way and I know exactly where the extra pieces are if I need them.

11. I have flat plastic boxes with internal dividers that I use with the bonus of keeping everything neat and organised. I then put them into tiny ziplock bags per pair and put them into the different compartments. Usually everything that's for the same type of doll goes in the same general area. (Eg all Minifee hands since I swap them between dolls.)

12. I use nested Really Useful Boxes. I can get all different sizes, meaning I can keep the parts separated by doll easily, they're clear and stack, so I can easily see and locate the parts I'm looking for, and they all stack neatly into a larger box to keep everything contained.

13. So I store my dolls in an Ikea Pax, and on the shelf that I keep the baskets of their clothes, I also have a basket of assorted parts! Hands, floating heads, horns, ect. Its fuller than you would think it'd be!