1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Strangest place you've ever taken your doll and gotten noticed.

Apr 26, 2012

1. One time way back when I had my boy with me at highschool and my friend said he looked like Michael Jackson! xD I completely denied it, but I have to admit... he kinda did at the time.

2. When I was living in the city alone, I decided that I should treat myself to a movie in the theater, It was a Harry Potter movie opening night so there where a lot of people there. I got myself all prettied up and dressed for a date. *LOL* And My date that night was Ryo, (My SD13 Shirou.) I got him all dressed up and carried him (Carefully) one of those flimsy fabric bags that can be folded up very small. I took him out when I got the theater, I got a lot of stares, one couple thought that I was carrying around a baby. XD

3. I took my dolls to the top of a 10,000ft tall inactive volcano for scenic pictures :) I had some people look at me, but no one brave enough to ask questions.

4. I usually take one of my resinoyds with me nearly everywhere, but for some reason, I haven't really taken them into the nearby grocery store with me...yet. I think its because I'm usually running in for a couple of items. *shrug*

I think the strangest place I've taken mine was to a Pagan Ritual, since I wanted him consecrated (blessed). Ryuichi was an only resin (:lol:) at the time, and he was accused of being a poppet. :|

That was how I found of that many of my Pagan friends are afraid of dolls. :(

I've become a Solitary Pagan since.

Ryu

5. I brought my ResinSoul Yao to work with me, all dressed up and pretty. What was really odd was that nobody noticed her at all! Then again, we do have lots of odd things at work - we're graphic designers. I have a Cthulhu puppet and posters and things in my cube, and several people have Xmen things, KISS action figures, horse head masks... I do plan on bringing my DL Alina dressed as Sadako for Halloween though!

6. I've taken my dolls to my university on several occassions and while it is MOSTLY a good experience, sometimes it can be bad because people really seem to want to see their genitals. And that makes me incredibly uncomfortable especially when they don't respect my decision not to show them.

7. As I have a little Yo-SD and feel a lot more comfortable in my skin when I have him with me, I have taken my little BJD to some odd places. School, downtown, dentist, christmas market, he's seen it all.

The strangest place I have ever taken him was the psychatry, though.
      I was in the semi-closed ward for almost two months and obviously very anxious about this event. Who wouldn't be? Not that I usually spread this out, bit I've had mental issues ever since I was a young child, so when I was sent in residental care no one was really surprised, haha...!
      I sneaked my little Yo-SD in my bag and openly carried him around in the ward, which the doctors and caretakers took a lot better than I've expected. It made this whole stay a lot more bearable, frankly it wasn't a very good experience overall.

Tomorrow he will probably accompany me to the doctor. :) But unseen. Don't need more people to think I'm completely nutters, which is always a sad stereotype when you see a grown up person carrying a doll on their arms...!

8. i take one of mine almost everywhere...but i think the best place i took him was to a skating competition in Lake Placid NY, sat in a judging box with him in my bag next to me...for some reason people remembered me at the next competition...

9. My worst 'busted in public' experience has been just getting my dolls to my car for an outing. My neighbors stared rudely from their balcony and a guy walking by on the street made a comment about 'babies.' I don't know if he was calling me and my wife babies for playing with dolls, or saying something about our dolls looking like babies. I don't know but I don't like it when people stare at me and I'm not fond of being accosted by strangers either. lol

10. While we mostly just go to meets and conventions, my sister and I have both taken our dolls out a little-- the most attention (outside of said expected meet/con attention) was when I was doll-sitting for my sister outside a sushi restaurant in SF, and a woman did come over and comment that she was lovely, and I knew enough to answer the couple of questions she did have.

Vince has ridden in my purse in a TRU because it was after a meet and I didn't want to leave him in the car, and I wanted to look for in-scale toys for him, but he wasn't out of the bag often enough to draw attention. And his box has been out on the table in a restaurant, but he stayed in-box... And Billy has come with me to the dentist one time because I was freaking out over the appointment, but he mostly stayed in my purse as well.