1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Strangest sculpts you've seen

Jan 24, 2016

1. @Cynthevla

That's it exactly! Such a cute little bug, even if he is weird. I've seen owner pics on tumblr as well, and it's just as neat in person. Larger than I would've expected, though!

2. That's definitely the first one I thought of when I saw this topic, too, alongside the rest of Notdoll's sculpts. I do miss seeing them show up, even if they were never quite my aesthetic.

Dollzone's event sculpts tend to be quite strange, as well, in an appealing way. I've managed to only bring one home, but if I had the budget, I'd have a whole weird menagerie of their little event creatures!

3. No one mentioned Impldoll)) Sculptor is always in search of perfection, sometimes these surveys give rise to strange creatures with peculiar anatomy.

4. I love the DZ and DC "event creatures", too... They're fun, quirky little things.

5. The Impl Colin was a cute little guy that has the lower half of a scorpion and the upper body of a human but with pincer hands. I also remember a sculpt called Venus The Bomb that had no arms or legs but I don't remember who made her.

I have one of the HZ Roro's (OT here on DoA) and one of the cutest things about them is that their butt is shaped like a heart *laughs*.

6. I had to look that one up out of curiosity, and not surprisingly, it looks like Notdoll Lab was associated with her (she's credited to Notdoll/Aeyork in the sources I found, including the DoA off topic list). She's definitely an unusual sculpt, too!

7. I agree with the DZ/ DC event dolls. They are often strange and cute. Carol and Letitia from DC's Christmas event are very odd bird girls. 5Stars Jadite is pretty strange too, like a cross between a human and a praying mantis. And Mewie Fish- I think that's how it's spelled- has some pretty strange dolls.

#27 Leo Pheonix, Feb 6, 2016
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    8. Being a newb I had to look up a lot of these but oh my gosh that notdoll toadstool made me laugh so hard! I wasn't expecting such a mean face on such a little guy!!

9. Circus Kane Moon. He was weird, but he sure was cute! I'm not too happy about missing out on that one.

10. I'm not sure if you count this as strange, but they are different... ringdoll mona and the bride of Frankenstein doll the was pregnant with the dead baby (whose name escapes me) Magical angel Theresa (I don't know why I think she's strange, but she just is...)

11. Probably Magister from Oxana & Alexey Geets aka Bardo Research aka Boxx Doll. Although I think Magister is Alexey's sculpt and as well as being a personal project. I think it's absolutely fascinating. I can't wait to see it completed.

12. I am very fond of Doll Chateau Kid Amos. With his 4 human legs and his moose antlers, I find him amusing and very interesting in a non-threatening way.

13. l'armoire de dandin Harlan (Gore Version) is a sculpt that fascinates me. It's so weird looking, perfect one one side, deformed on the other. Right now my favorite sculpt and grail doll.

14. Can you post a photo or a link? Everytime I see someone says something about a strange sculpt I'm really interested and I can't find this one on google, I only see the performance (I suppose the doll must be inspired by that?)

15. Of course I can!
      Here's the official page for it.
      Harlan

16. Strangest doll I've seen was the one doll that had a normal face on one side and on the other side it had a deformed mouth made to force a smile and its eyeball was falling out of its head with the skull showing inside the head

17. Isn't it the one that @TohruIchi mentioned? Omg! I've just opened the link and it gave me a fright! Woah! I think it's definetely the strangest sculpt I've ever seen too.

18. This isn't the strangest sculpt I've seen, I think all of those have already been mentioned! But he was the first doll I saw that looked unique to me when I first entered the hobby. Unidoll closed up shop about the same time or I would have eventually ordered him.
      [​IMG]kaito by Nadine, on Flickr