1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Studio *ANother Secret* discussion thread

Oct 4, 2010

1. I really would say a 70cm doll is too tall for the Song.
      I have him sharing a Luts Delf (60cm) and he seems a perfect fit on there.

2. The Sunday's Song head is waaaay too small for my Dollshe bodies. In fact, the one we have here is on to a new home because he's too small even for an SD13 boy body and we just weren't planning on a boy who looks to be the same size as our SD10 children. The petite limbs and slender neck of a Delf body are just right for this little guy. DemonGarden or Soom Gem or the like would be good as well.

3. Thank You for clarifying that ikke777 & St.James.
      Your Sunday song should come on over St.James, Twins...one can never have enough twins;).

That is good to put away that idea and it seems Delf is it then.
      I do have a Soom Gem around here somewhere & a Dreaming doll body so will try them both when he arrives although the Dreaming doll body sits a bit too poker like for my taste. A bit of slouching looks as though it would suit pouty Song!

4. Don't forget that Dollshe heads are pretty small. I have a Dollshe Rosen head at home for a commission and compared to Orchid they look the same size. ;) The neckhole however is very huge compared to Orchid. The neck will not fit for sure.

5. i've been following this threat for a while since I'm also looking for a body for my Song.
      I've checked out your suggestions for suitable bodies but somehow I would like to have a more mature body for the character I have in mind. So I would prefer the LoongSoul body but Tsukasa said that this body would be a bit to big for him, but why? Ikke777 said that the Delf body would fit perfectly, but the LoongSoul body has similar measurements with just slightly differences. His chest is about 1.3 cm larger and he's 2 cm taller. Does this really make the difference?

I'm sorry for any stupid questions, but Song is my first SD and my first hybrid, so I have absolutely no clue. It would be great if someone could help me~ thanks.

6. I have no ideas about resin match, but SoulDoll Vito is a 52 cm doll-line with mature body. It could be worth checking out.

7. gattina-chan: I'd not be too worried about the body being 2cm taller, but more about the chest being broader. Since the chest is visually closer to the head, a change of proportions will matter more there than in the height of the doll.
      Having said all that, I don't know that +1.3cm is all that much of a difference, since we're talking about a circumference.

Anyhow, this is my Song on my (old & yellowed) Luts Delf boy:
      [​IMG]
      K00_6254 by ofbutterflies, on Flickr
      more in the stream here:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/46749764@N03/sets/72157625266779170/with/5124061405/

So you can judge for yourself as to the proportions

8. Proportion is definitely the issue with the Bamboo head I ordered. It's a fascinating sculpt, with some of the art-doll quality that, say, AiL heads have . . . but the head needs a smaller-scale and less mature body than I was prepared for. Of the bodies I own, the best proportion as well as resin match seemed to be an unyellowed oldskin SD10 girl--but I just can't quite see "girl" in Bamboo's face. Right now, Bamboo is visiting a friend of mine who has a wider range of bodies around the house than I do (including SD10 boy and Volks Tenshi). We'll see what happens after she tries the head on some different bods.

9. Ooh, I love to see the pix!

10. Gattina-chan, I will take photos of Sunday on bodies when I cna, sorry about the delay! I'm very busy.

have you looked at the souldoll double body Gattina? I haven't tried my sunday on it yet, but I think it will fir becuase Sunday is actually the same size as my souldoll Lee jun ki who also has a very small head. It's quite a mature body, maybe it will be to your taste.

11. The Orchid head looks larger than the Song head, probably due to proportion. His head is the same size as our Dollshes and a few others, but his features are smaller, more delicate and centered lower on the face, so the proportions of the Song head don't work with taller bodies for that reason. And yes, the neck hole is about 10cm since he was intended for SD sized bodies.

12. Thanks a lot for your responses and proposals ^^!

@ Muisje: You think Song really fits on a 52 cm body? It seems so small...i guess after finding the body you have another problem finding clothes for him ^^. But unfortunately it would be a bit to muscular for my chara anyway.

@ Ikke777: thanks for the pic!
      You're right...I didn't thought about that. It seems as he has realer proportions (like a real human) on the Delf body, not like the usual deformed BJD proportions. I personally like that, I wonder if the 1.3 cm more chest circumference would make him look more real or just weird.

@ Sillypeach: That would be really great if you could post pictures when you have time ^^! The Souldoll Double body looks really nice, does it also pose well?

I've also found another thread regarding a body for song: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?412950-Super-slim-SD-boy-bodies maybe it helps you guys. The Volks SDGr body would also look nice~.

13. I'm glad at least that the heads were really pretty affordable,
      because they'll be sitting in my box of floaters indefinitely.
      Honestly after all my past problems with finding body/resin
      matches I should have learned my lesson and not bought them
      but I fell in love with them and they fit my characters so well,
      at least in thought, in reality Song was supposed to be older &
      bigger than Orchid but as it turns out her head is gigantic next
      to his tiny pea head and now neither of them fit their intended
      character. Very disappointed. But I think a lot of these problems
      could have been avoided had ANother Secret shown full body pics
      and said what body they were on. I hope in the future they do so.

I'm going to pop by now and then to see if anyone found good body
      matches though because I won't give up hope, they really are both
      lovely sculpts, I just wish they could be what I had intended for them.

14. My latest thought on bodies is the Aria Sweet line 14 body. I have one that should arrive soon but does anyone have one on hand to give this a try?

My Orchid girl is currently sitting on my older blushed Dollstown Fresh skin body and actually works really well. Will take some pic's when time allows.

15. Hi! I receive my orchid head and is perfect in my Dollstown 13 Oriental Skin, perfect proportions! and the resin match is same! I do photos as soon as posible

16. My Orchid is doing pretty fine on my Dollmore Eve body, although I still need to do a breast reduction mod. I found a wig that covers most of the sides of her face and it makes her look a bit older. Her head is still big next to my Dollshe Saint hybrid and those two are supposed to be a pair (not romantically luckily).

The resin match between the body and the head is not perfect with the head being more yellow, but I don't mind.

17. @St. James: Ah that explains. Thanks for the explanation. I agree that with a smaller face a smaller body would suit better. Song would look great as a boy, but there aren't much "mature" male bodies under 60cm to choose from. :/ Seems that Orchid suits now better to be a boy :P

BTW did anyone thought about the SD10 boy body? I have been eyeing on that body for a long time.

18. Maybe i've found something, i don't know but maybe souldoll has a new boy body you can choose from? http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=2096 if you scroll down there is a "new body" which is only 61.5 cm tall and has similar measurements as the Delf body. Just the neck would be 11.5 cm but that can be sanded, right? But I haven't found any pictures of this body.....and it would be great to know if the resin would match~.

Edit: Here you can find pictures.

19. I was taking comparison pictures with another body, but here's a picture of Orchid on a Dollmore Eve body. (I forgot to take a picture of only Orchid. :sweat ) The resin match is not perfect and the Eve body has a very thin neck so that makes the head a bit bobble headed, but the combination looks nice with clothes on.
      [​IMG]