1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Studio Naiko

Apr 1, 2018

1. @AlchemicCandy I'm sure yours will turn out great. I feel like because he has such strong features it will be easy to love him and do him justice. XD

2. I got one too \o/ I've been eyeing him since the first pictures, I'm so glad to be able to bring him home \o/

3. Lol I sure hope so! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with yours as well since you always pick lovely faceup artists for your crew! What body are you thinking of?

Congrats!! Any plans for him?

4. Hey, did anyone else end up getting Chovi? I missed him during the initial ordering process, but found him in stock through a dealer.

[​IMG]

He's totally adorable, but this head is humungous! I kind of thought since he has a comparatively childish/feminine face it might be slightly on the smaller side, but it's bigger than all my other 1/3 dolls. *_* No clue what body to put him on, he's stealing my f-doll body right now...

5. Ahhhh! <3
      I did not manage to get Chovi, but I'm so glad to see one. Such a cutie!!
      Congrats! :D

6. @0bsequi0us congratulations! That is amazing you got a Chovi head. I wanted one but couldn't do the preorder period. He is so cute! What dealer did you go to?

7. @KiwiNinamori Thank you! I actually just found him while exploring around on Taobao... This is the dealer I got him from!

8. Hey all! I’ve joined the party a little late but I was lucky enough to purchase a Sanzo head secondhand the other day, and was wondering if anyone here has tried the head (or Kanji) on an Akagi doll 66cm body? I really like the aesthetics of the body but wanted to see if anyone here was able to confirm if it works well with the head proportionally? Thanks :)

9. By some stroke of luck I have both a Sanzo head and an Akagidoll 66cm version II body at home. :) I'll put them together and get you some pictures over the weekend!

10. Thank you so much!

11. There you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the fit is quite nice, the neck actually works with the neckhole well, the proportions worked surprisingly well (I expected the head to be way too big). The colour is very off though, Sanzo is Volks yellow and Akagidoll came in even pinkier (it's about 6 months old right now, it mellowed out a bit). Let me know if you have any questions!

12. Thank you so much for all the different angles, that’s incredibly helpful! I actually quite like this hybrid, you’re right though, I’ll definitely have to do something about that crazy resin colour difference :lol:

13. So it seems that the Duke heads are being shipped to Stacey's Pink Ocean :'D I'm looking forward to seeing how my guy looks in person, and what the hell kind of huge body I'll have to buy for him lol.

14. I just got my shipping notice for Duke! Finally the wait is almost over. I’m still thinking about what body I want for him, but I’m considering a Resinsoul 72cm. Even though the neck may be a bit too small.

15. Have you got your Duke heads yet? Do yours also have thin resin under right eye or is it just mine?

16. @Mysha Actually the resin is thin under both of my duke’s eyes but I guess I thought that was just how he Is.

17. Hey anyone who has a Duke what body have you paired him with? I was going to get a doll family a 75cm but I realized the neck was too small.

18. Did anyone else buy a Richard? he was a bit expensive because the head was what I really wanted, not the stand but it is nice and I can display him which is a plus since he won't get a body anytime soon.

19. I realize this is basically a necro-thread at this point, but I've finally started the search for a proper body for my Chovi, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I wanted him to be rather short, so I nabbed a cheap Volks SD13 off the mp and... yikes! He's so big on it! Honestly the upper body isn't so bad, but the hands look like baby hands, and the height is a major no-go. Surprisingly, the neck is actually much too thick. I'll definitely be using this body for somebody else.

So now I'm not sure what to do. :? I guess I'll probably have to go taller, but he's got such rounded features I think he'll look weird on a muscular 70+ cm.

Does anyone else have a Chovi? What body did you put it on?

20. i wonder if you could ask what body is used in the promotional pictures the artist provided to Stacy's.
      But i agree, the dimensions they said, 22" circumference head, and neck is 9.5-10cm - that is going to be tough to find a non muscular body.

my Kanji is 21cm, with 11cm neck, and he looks pretty good on IOS 70cm body, and my DFH 68 - but his facial features look older than Chovi's. I have some thoughts though, since i've been looking for proportional bodies for some other heads myself...
      I wonder if the Ringdoll RGM4 might work? it has less "defined" muscles.
      or, one of the more boyish Switch or Crobi bodies since many of their heads are also 21-22cm
      maybe Iplehouse youth size? i don't have one of their bodies yet though.

i just got my Kanji twins & Duke last year and still need to do both Kanji's face up and style all three, so i'll be rattling around in here at least. maybe some others will keep sharing pics too especially with the new ladies. :aangel: