1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Studio Naiko

Apr 1, 2018

1. Vings is releasing this one in March, it's non muscular, and 68cm. Looks hopeful? Login • Instagram

My Richard's faceup pictures came back from the faceup artist (JoyAkuro on instagram) he looks so good!

[​IMG]

#61 Sillypeach, Jan 23, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    2. he's gorgeous :love
      his eyes and eyebrows are amazing!!!!

to me, the Richards have this slight, little smirk in the corner of the mouth, which i love :)

3. @BlackSheep I ran into the same problem, the Chovi head just seems huge... *_* I had mine on the DF-H 56cm body and it looked ok in person, but pretty bobbleheaded in photos. Neck fit well enough, though.

Because of the roundness of the features, though, I feel like he looks totally ridiculous on all of the lean taller bodies...

4. @Sillypeach oooooh that Vings body is lovely. I might want it regardless of whether or not it fits the Chovi head. Also, your Richard is gorgeous! I can't help but think he looks a lot like the character Johan from Monster. Wondering if that was an influence?

@0bsequi0us oh wow that's a fun coincidence: I originally ordered that body for this head! Now that I've seen what he looks like on smaller bodies though, it's definitely going to another doll.

Man, sometimes I look at him on the Volks and I think "he looks fine" and sometimes I think "this has GOT to go". The struggle is real.

5. He looks fantastic! How gorgeous.

6. Oooh, I love the work of that faceup artist. I remember seeing him! Your Richard looks great. :chocoheart

And thank you SO MUCH for mentioning that Vings body. It's fantastic. I think I need it. Hehe. :lol:

7. Not inetional but I am big fan of Naoki Urasawa in general so I have to agree. Actually I have Volks Royoma Sakamoto who would probably make a good Dr. Tenma to go with him.

8. just kind of tossing it out there how excited for Mr.6 i am.... :aeyepop:

9. only a few more days to order Lu and Shanwoo... I still haven't decided if I want to order one of them, tbh I feel like the photos in the listings don't show them off very clearly :huh?:. I can't tell if I'm really interested in one of the new heads or just still sad to find Sanzo so much too late to do anything about it lol

10. my notices weren't pinging for this thread again :(
      i really wanted to get at least one of the new body, but i got too much going on so i just did the heads.
      i love her work too much to miss them, and Lu (mr.6) is someone special to my crew.... doomed from the start...

11. Hey, I have a Kanji head and was thinking of the Vings body. Has anyone purchased this body yet?

@KiwiNinamori would it possible to see nude reference pics of your head on the Souldoll body for proportion wise?

#71 Holiday, Nov 25, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    12. @Holiday
      Which Vings body were you thinking of? (They have 2) I have the 70cm body.

13. Definently, the 70cm! Thank you!

14. @Holiday
      Here they are. Sorry that took so long!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the body with the larger neck, and it doesn't fit these heads. So you would want to go with the smaller neck size. :thumbup

15. @Lady Ravenswood thank you so much for the reference pics. After much thought I’m going with Dollstown 18 body @americanseamstress provided. The proportions look good and I don’t like neck gaps.

I contacted Studio Naiko and they are working on a 70cm body for the Kanji & Sanzo head. Just don’t know how long I’m willing to wait.

16. @Lady Ravenswood - thank you for the Vings pics, you've made me curious about their 68cm now!

@Holiday thanks for asking them! i'll definitely be watching for the new body from Naiko. I think the original promo pictures for Kanji are on a Soom SuperGem 2016 type body in case that's helpful.

Does anyone think Kanji would work on Naiko's new body recently made for Lu (Mr.6) and Shan Woo?
      or is it too big for him? i wish i could have got one this last time.

my Kanji looks pretty good on the RGM-02, but i only have the white resin of this, and Kanji's white resin is more of the Soom creamy white, plus i think mine is yellowed a bit. i have nothing that matches my tawny Kanji yet, so he's likely to wait a long while for a bod. here's comparison with & without wig so you can see proportions easily.
      [​IMG]
      flickr

17. Did anyone else order Lu or Shanwoo? Or the unicorn? I got a Lu on 6 month layaway which came to end a while ago, but covid lockdowns in China have delayed his homecoming... Any way just intrested to know fi eh has any brothers out there.

18. I got the chance to see the Unicorn in Naiko's studio in person, he is absolutely beautiful. I ordered one and hopefully he can arrive home soon. :XD:

19. i wish i could have gotten one with a body, or the centaur, but i'm still very happy to have ordered the Lu and Shanwoo heads, i think i can hybrid ok for now. the centaur's face is so sweet though, maybe she will offer him a while longer. can't wait to see what you both do with your boys :)

20. One pic of my girl and the Unicorn. He is so pretty!(*^▽^*):blush:drool

[​IMG]