1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidest thing you've ever done with your BJD?

Aug 17, 2005

1. I took Leryl apart to sand and coat him. His body parts were left all over the floor to dry, then I just went on to do other things.

I tripped myself a bit and my right leg.... of all the body parts on the floor, it has to kick Leryl right in his face..... =3= His head flew a distance (I'm quite some kicker...lol), but luckily nothing is broken or scratched :oops:

[Leryl: .....stupid woman stupid woman..... ]

2. Oh my.... My face was literally :o as I read through these. XD

Mine... Hm.... During the January SoCal Dolpa, I was showing Rose how our wig can stay on without rubberband or any other means because of the wignet, and I grabbed Yue by his waist, turned him upside down, and shook him wildly. Needless to say, he has an "I'm abused! Wah!!!!!" face the whole time. XD;;;;;;

And once he was sitting on the edge of my mom's bed when my mom and I are talking, and I threw my arm out in a gesture, and knocked him RIGHT over and his face hit the wall, and slid down to the floor. >_< I had a heart attack!!! But, thankfully, his perty little nose was okay, just a couple of scraped paint from the wall that can be brushed off. Whew.

And when I first change Yue's eyes... Since it's the first time mom and I took him apart without anybody's help, I thought I put enough putty inside and his eyes look all good. And then I put his entire body back together and sat him up, and just as I was joking with mom "His eyes is so gonna roll back" and this loud sound of something jingling inside, and lo and behold, Yue's eyes rolled back into his eyes (looking quite scary like that XD;;; ) So I have to take him apart again, fix it, and put him back together... :oops:

3. I've got a new one now - tying a HOUND (HUGE! HEAVY! Umbrae!) with a couple of pieces of thin plastic fishing line and hanging him up high in a tree...while being attacked by an angry nest of hornets...and taking pictures....still being attacked...before finally running with the doll (just ripped the threads to get him down) because they started to attack HIM!

...The fishing line kept ...erm....making those "I'm being stretched WAY too tight" sounds that violin strings and wires that are about to snap make. :oops:

4. That's love right there. You still try to take photos and only give up when they turn on him. ^^;

5. **grins sheepishly** I was unreasonably afraid one would get inside somehow...not like there are any gaps, but whatever.

6. Awww, that's both cute and funny. ^^ I'm glad he was okay and I hope you didn't get stung too much.

7. well i suppose i have a story now. last night are 1 in the morning i was glueing the torso piece on my ren girl body and didn't realize that the glue had run down the back until it was too late and three of my fingers were superglued to the torso. I couldn't get my door open to get to the bathroom where the nail polish remover was so i had to call someone in the other room to come let me out and get me the nailpolish remover. I had to dial with my pinky's and kneel down to stick my ear to the phone. lol. it was a good laugh but now i have glue residue on my dolls torso that ill have to remove.

another time i was putting my dolls head back on and my pliers slipped off the S hook and i punched myself in the mouth.

8. Man, I've done that before, supergluing and the punching. x_x Of course I was actually supergluing a figurine my uncle had given me, that my baby sister broke. (Literally baby sister, like 10 months old) Course I punched myself in the chest, not the face. >_<

9. Oh man some of these are so funny! hmmm....stupid things I've done...its more like what haven't I done >___< I'm such a klutz and a nerd so I tend to make Thema mad.

Ok...so my story isn't really stupid on my part exactly.....but my friend was taking me home and we got in a car accident and rolled the car like 6 times....after calling 911 and crawling out of her car we tried to find Anathema with the light of my cellphone. Then we got shoved into the back of an ambulence to get looked at and I kept trying to convince them I was ok and had to GO find my doll... Fortunatly my Dad showed up pretty fast and when I told him 'Thema and my laptop were in there' He got all OMG The doll!!! and went to find her and buckled her in the front seat of his car for me >___< sometimes he can be really sweet to her....

10. o_O Wow.. *twitches* Was the doll okay? Were you okay? (not in that order obviously) The laptop?

11. OMG i hope everyone was alright. that would be so scary. my dad probably wouldn't have been so caring about finding my doll.

12. eeeek! Piyoko, you and your doll are alright im assuming then? :o

I don't have any particuliarly stupid storys...I did put Kiyoshi on the railling of a boat (it was docked at the time) to take a picture, nothing bad happend and I got some nice pictures.

I'm sure I'll get a good story one of these days. :oops:

13. haha!! yeah we're all cool. The only damage was two broken CDs and a totaled SUV.....Anathema got a nick on her head but it hides under all wigs and one on her leg that I sanded out. He jeans now sport a nifty hole in the knee tho. My laptop has probably suffered worse by now....I spilled paint on it again the other night...eheh :oops:

I was kinda shocked at my Dad's reaction since he generally dislikes Thema and man do WE have some screwed up priorities >___<

14. **chuckles** Oh yes....I also superglued myself while assembling an AR lad....two of my fingers together, and one of my fingers to the palm of that hand....only my pointer and pinky fingers were let ungluued.

And yes, both the doll and I survived the hornets - I wasn't stung, though I DID have them walking on me.

:cry:

15. i just wanted to state that i have yet to do a stupid thing with my doll. however, it has only been about a month and i'm just waiting for it to happen so that i can post here XD he still doesn't have a face-up, nor has he been restrung, sooo...i still have plenty of opportunities! ^_^

skah: ;__; i'm afraid she's going to destroy my beautiful face-..

juvie: >.> *covers his mouth*

skah: ...mmph! >.<!

juvie: ^___^;;;...eh-heh-heh...

16. dropping Riddel off the island in the kitchen on to the tiles. like 5 seconds after I got her.

17. Yesterday I left Doli sitting on the cabinet in my living room... my mom walked by and knocked him over. a lil piece of his headcap broke off, but thats it... @_______@ I drop him FAAAAR too much. c_____c;

18. ...This thread <3 XDD

I was trying to get Dusk to stand for some pictures, when he kept snapping into a sitting position I got a bit frustrated and jerked his legs straight, only to have him not only headbutt me, but poke me in the eye with his hand.

Also, a couple weeks after Dawn and Dusk first arrived, I had given Dusk his...second faceup, I think. I kept feeling this weird scratch on my fingers when I was putting his eyes back in, then realized what had happened when I looked in his headcap and saw blood all over the putty. There was at least a dozen slices on my finger. XD;;

And THE most stupid thing I've ever done is over sanding Dawn's lips to the point where I couldn't stand her, which resulted in getting her a new head.

19. The most stupid things I've done... I dropped Sojiro on his head in public. I took Sojiro apart and couldn't get him back together, then smashed my finger in his headcap. XD Lets just say I have nerve damage now. Hmm, I've also left Sojiro out without shoes and my cat nibbled his toes. Sheesh, I think it's just poor Sojiro that gets abused. XDD;

Other things I've done... I was asleep when the post man came with Makiko, I jumped out of bed without thinking, and halfway down the stairs my leg gave out. XD I flopped down the stairs and into the door. Nothing like getting asked "Are you okay?" by a postal worker.

Periodically, I pick up my boys by their feet. I wouldn't count it as stupid. Yet. XD