1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidest thing you've ever done with your BJD?

Aug 17, 2005

1. Well it's not an accident or anything, just something stupid I regret not thinking about. One of my favourite parts of F-15's is their mouth because you can see their little teeth..and I didn't specify that I wanted my boy's teeth painted so now they're the same peach as his lips and I can't get any nice photos of them :<

2. Alright, this is a STUPID story. Stupid on my part x_x

I went to Youmacon in Troy, MI this last weekend. On Saturday, my ride left early and I decided to stay on with my friend Davi because he offered to drive me back later that night. Okay. I'd been hauling both my El, Audrey, and my sister's Ani, Tooru, all day. We planned on a Guilty Gear tournament and hanging out with the Spoony Bards the rest of the night, so I stashed Audrey and Tooru in the trunk of Davi's car. Fine. We did our thing and finally left around 2am.

Well, it was raining and obviously dark. We got back on I-75, dolls still in the trunk because there was nothing in there to hurt them. Baaad idea. We ended up losing control and careening off the spiral entrance ramp to M-24 at about 50mph, over a ditch and a median and into the oncoming ramp going the other way. We honestly thought we were going to die. After we got off the road and figured out we weren't hurt or dead and the car was okay, my first though was "OH MY GOD, THE DOLLS". When we finally got them out, both Audrey's legs were turned around completely, sprawled all over the place. Tooru, being an indestructable Kid Delf, was fine. But I was terrified and they are NEVER going in the trunk again x____X;

3. I haven't done anything TOO bad, yet, but I made Raziel sit in a really weird pose at some point, and his legs have been bending funny ever since... He really needs to be re-strung, but I don't know how to do it, so I'm not even going to try.

4. It's not so much a stupid thing I did with him as a stupid thing I did as a result of something that was done to him. I swear I almost fainted the first time his headcap was opened! I screamed and wrang my hands like a maniac.

Other stupid things? Well I do have a habit of dressing Vincent in his "lea" and make him be a loon. He doesn't really like that. Oh that and let random friends who've never held a doll in their life watch him while I'm in a dealers room and then return to find her make doll dance for strangers - thus making all his limbs go in every direction rapidly and messing up his stringing.

5. *cackles* This thread is AWESOME! XD The things that happen, honestly! It's good to know that those who got in car crashes were ok enough to scream for their dolls. ^^;
      Hmm... I haven't done any MAJOR stupid things... yet. ^^; Uh... lessee... Oh! For the Halloween photoshoot I did (at 7 in the morning, so I blame it on the sleepiness!) I was setting up my black PJ pants (ah the props we use) and some scraps of black material that I dug up on the edge of my desk and my chair. Well, I did the intelligent thing of sitting Kael on the cloth which was at first held up by an ERASER and MOUSE of all things. XD; The cloth came flying down to cover Kael, and the eraser flew up and I barely dodged it with my not-so-super-unmatrix moves. ^^; I think the muffled noise I heard was Kael laughing under the cloth.

6. Uumm...
      Probably when I took off his head for the first time (here we go, total noob at doing this).
      I ended up restringing him completely because something went loose- it was just one thing after another.
      Oops.
      I'm not doing that again for a while because it was a pain in the ass. Markku was lying around completely in pieces for a few days. ahaha ;_;

7. *nods*
      Handled Belinda wearing cheap red nail polish. Funny though, I couldn't figure out what was making all those markes appear at first. I was blushing her at the time.

8. Does dropping your friends doll out of a window, while trying to take pictures count? We kinda did that...Pictures were blurry too.Though we did have somthing for him to land on, by the way...were not that dumb, though he did bounce off almost XD

9. I'm not sure if its considered stupid or not, I just like to dance with Kotarou xD

10. Oh yes, the infamous wig disaster...teehee
      My sister and I had brought our Els to the movie theater once, and we sat in a row with a bunch of our friends. Well, one of our friends wanted to see her doll, so she passed him down the row to her. When he finally reached her, his wig was gone! It had fallen off somewhere in the process! So the lot of us checked under all the seats for it. We did find it, and our friend put it back on....backwards>_< Needless to say, Casper was very embarrassed and my sister was a little angered haha:P

Another time Tyr had been sitting on a shelf on top of the microwave while I was washing the dishes. His feet were dangling slightly in front of the microwave door. One of my sisters came in the kitchen and did not realize his feet were there, and she popped open the door, hitting his feet and nearly knocking him off the shelf. Thank the Gods, he only fell over to one side rather than falling off completely into the tile>_<

11. <3 this thread!

I haven't done too bad with my Lilac, but for some reason this sticks out in my mind. One day I stood her on the bedpost a-la-Chii style, then turned away to do something. When I came back I forgot I had put her there and plopped myself down on the bed, HARD... Lilac went flying through the air all superman style and landed FACE FIRST into the sound hole of my guitar XD It didn't make pretty music, either.

The guitar was on a stand and didn't move, but she INCREDIBLY had lodged one whole arm in between the strings and was dangling that way. She was fine, no damage done, but the guitar was severely de-tuned by the impact XD

12. Really stupid mistke on my part. I had taken Kellen out with me shopping and when we were on the way home I sat him up in the backseat of the car but didn't strap him in.
      When we got home I opened the door to get him and he fell out onto the concrete driveway!! I felt so bad afterwards. I think I was sort of in shock when it happened because I just picked him up and checked him over and went inside. He only suffered a small scratch on his head though which came out almost all the way with light sanding. You can hardly tell now and his wig covers it.

13. I can just imagine her flying too. XD
      Lilac: Woah! O.O

<.< I've done plenty stupid with my dolls, I just can't remember anything at the moment..... >.< it happens often.

14. I have to hop in with you
      I left Jillian on top of a shelf, where my kitten could easily reach her.
      The results?
      here:
      [​IMG]

;_;
      Thanks to Mr Clean sponge thingy, she is fixed though.

15. I have to say this thread is great. I don't know why but dolls kicking, headbutting and poking make me crack up laughing. ^^;;

be sure that I'll have many stories to tell when Raitaro gets here.

16. There's nothing like the classic greet the postman in your underwear. I was about to get in the shower and I had on my small t-back sports bra and my panties when my Ando head arrived. There was no one else home and I hadn't gotten my towel yet, so I had nothing to cover up with, though I don't think the postman really minded >_>;;

Edit: Actually I think I had socks on too.

17. Hmmm.. the dumbest thing.... not really sure- I don't take my dolls out often XD. I went to home depot with my doll.. i'm sure something mad dangerous could have happened there, but Zeda and I watch out boys like hawks.

[​IMG]
      Azrael: Get your hands off my man, woman! :: bats at zeda ::

LOL we strapped them in like children XDDD

18. I had tried to darken Remy's eyelids with red color pencil and when i tried to take it off, i did it with nail-polish remover. The coating around her eyes completely came off! I still feel bad because her eyes look funky now. :(

19. I painted my nails blue and deep maroon (our school colours are red and blue) for our big inter-school hockey competition. Then I made the smart move of playing with Blanche and I got red streaks on her legs and on her butt. I spent at least 10 minutes with a cleaning sponge trying to rub it off, it came off her legs fine, it took longer to get it off her bum.

I haven't had a chance to pose her anywhere particularily dangerous yet, just on concrete floors, standing up.