1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupidest thing you've ever done with your BJD?

Aug 17, 2005

1. The day my doll was supposed to arrive I left class early and came home to get only to find the mail carrier had already come by T_T. I took that pink slip of paper that they make you sign and went out looking for him in the rain (it was cold out too x_x I was freezing and didn't have my gloves with me...). After looking for about 15-20 minutes I stopped the guy turning into a trailer park across the raod from the one I live in and run back down the street to catch. I waved him down in the road and had him pull over to give me my doll XD. He was really nice about it though I don't know what he thinks about me know... I go postman hunting a lot now... I don't like to wait. Waiting two months for your doll is bad enough. I was dieing to get him at that point.

Other than my adventures to find the mailmen to get my packages. I took Aoi with me for our family Thankgiving dinner this year (I had just received him not even a week before) and his stuff out on one of the table we eat on while I was sitting there sewing the first outfit i made him. The family came by and made comments, gave me odd looks... When it gave time to eat I sat him in my lap and he ate with me XD. He like the dessert pie! I also bugged my aunt to let me use her digital camera since I didn't have one at the time. I took Aoi in the computer room to take pictures and while I was taking pictures I used his leg to hold up the little light I was using. For once I was glad he had a crazy leg, I don't think the lamp would've stayed other wise.

When Aoi first arrived I used to carrying him around the house in his bag. I made me feel happy to carry him...

I put him on the counter... Bad idea because my cats are always up there. I found my youngest, Kisa, chewing on his hand x_X. Luckily, there was no damage. He's made of tough stuff.

I handeled Aoi once with charcoal on my fingers. (I didn't realize it was still there after my art class) and got it got caked on his lips T_T. I had no idea for a while and then I look at some photos I took and saw it. It took a while to get off and I think I might've rubbed a small section of his face up off... but it's nothing you can really see.

Oh! Don't know how I could almost forget this one... I almost took Aoi in the shower with me one day. I had forgotten that I was holding him. He also nearly fell in the toilet once... and I put on a fashion show for my friend the other day when I took him to her house. The poor boy was pranced around in his undies. He wasn't too thrilled, it was cold and Aoi doesn't like the cold.

2. Well, I have a dumb story.

I recently got my AR Fair Glow in the Dark (Spy) and for anybody that doesn't know the s hook system for the head, there are two slots for you to put the S hook in. One that the S hook rests in, and the other for the S hook to slide through if you want to take the head off easily.

Well I had to restring Spy since he was VERY loose and couldn't even stand [poor boy]. While I was pulling the elastic through the second leg (I had already done the first one) I heard a SNAP.

So obviously my first concern was that the elastic had snapped. A tug on the elastic proved that to be incorrect. I racked my brains for at least five minutes trying to figure out where the snap had come from! I checked the elastic in his legs, in his arms, everywhere! And I couldn't find out where it had come from.

Finally I put him down, just to look at him thinking it must have been nothing. Turns out that I had tugged too fast and the S hook had slipped to the other groove, basically making his head fall off ^.^;;;

Through all that searching I hadn't noticed that he had no head!

I got the head back on and finally got him strung only to stand him up and see that I had put his feet on the wrong legs =.=;;;

~Dottie

3. This looks like a harmless photo at first, right?

[​IMG]

But that isn't the whole photo. This is.

[​IMG]

Need I say more

4. Excuse me while I go and die laughing *HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA*
      As for Kumiko-chan, when I first got her, I went to get my camera and left her standing. She ended up falling backwards (why does this only happen when I'm not around to catch her?). Thankfully, she was fine ^_^; Other than that, nothing. Am I the only SD owner who's doll has never gotten crazy legs? Though sometimes, I'll be watching TV with her on my lap, and her joints will pinch my skin. It hurts like heck!
      The worst thing that has to do with dolls and me, though, had to do with the forums. I was at school, checking my PMs and I had gotten a picture of a doll I was concidering. Unfortunatly, one was the doll (a Hound) in the nude! Oy vey, I was lucky no one saw.... I just exed out of there quickly. Phew!

5. you make me giggle so much! I can just seem myself doing those things...I've got a feeling I won't put Raitaro down when he comes. *_*

6. Tried modifying Yumeko's feet so she could wear split toed shoes. I was using a scalpel and a piece of thread to cut the resin..luckily, I decided it was a bad idea before breaking off her toes..lol.
      Also, I took her out in the cold/snow to meet some other ABJD's and didnt want her to get wet, so I wrapped her in a blanket (baby style) and shoved a plastic bag over her head (and over the blanket). I got some seriously dirty looks...lol

7. i purposely poked Kodona in the tummy and he collapsed..and bonked his head on my computer desk which is painted black..and it left a huge black streak right across his beautiful eyebrow...

thank god i managed to scratch it off without taking his faceup with it...he survived and is still perfectly prettyful <3

8. *ba bump bump*

9. hmm the stupidest thing... *think* ... well the stupidest thing ive ever done was let my family know about Salins erm... opptional penis part *cough*
      They didnt make a BIG deal about it, but they still like to make fun of him xD its kinda embarassing

10. dolls! dolls are yummy! tasty really good stuff.
      so i am now leaving some dolls out of the display,,, so this is actively going on i am doing the dumbest stuff ever right now!!!!!

11. xD This isn't something stupid I've done, more rather my mom.
      She was playing with Aubrey and she posed him like he was doing the Thriller dance in Micheal Jackson's music video. I laughed and said something like 'GAH! Doll abuse!!'

12. ~I coated Amaranth's face with MSC without removing her eyes :-| *_* :roll: needless to say, I had to buy new ones!!!

13. I have no words for this.

[​IMG]

14. I coated my Bee-A in MSC without removing her eyes...

Twice.

ALSO I introuced her to our neighbours cat... Tod sniffed at her, licked her face, took hald her make-up off, then pushed her off the chair with a paw. u.u;;;

I also made the mistake of letting my Dad see just how 'anotomically ocrrect' my pretties are ^.^; He got into this whole thing about a program he once watched about perverts who do naughty stuff with their dollies in Japan o_O... It was quite a long speech. At the end I just gave him a funny look and walked off. I also let him watch my change my Bee-A's underwear. He asked me if you could get little doll sized G-strings and I just stared at him. He knew the answer... XD

My Dad thinks I'm a complete pervert and demands to know why I only ever take my girl's clothes off and not my boys... he only has one set of clothing! *dies* x_x;

I supose the absolute stupidest thing though, was carrying both my dolls at the same time, and poor Dawn got her head bashed when I decided I was too lazy to open a door and prefered to run through it instead XD...

Gabriel hasn't had a single axident as of yet! ^o^!

15. Stupidest thing so far:

I was working on another project which involves the spraying of metallic "chrome" enamel spraypaint. Take project outside, spray, leave it out there to out-gas... come back in, completely unaware that my right hand had a liberal coating of silver enamel paint due to spray backwash. Grab doll....

...luckily the paint on my hand was 99% dry! So it wasn't tooooo bad... The moral of the story: always wash your hands before you touch your doll. [the paint wouldn't wash off anyways though: it had to actually wear off.]

16. ..oh my...where to start!..well i tried to take my dolls hands off,and i used wire for the string to put them back on...i really frecked out when i noticed that her hand POPED OFF! i saw her hand just fly off! i will check next time i try to do somthing like that!! *is stupied*

17. I ruined my dolls head. Need I say more?

Yes, because I'll never get over the trauma if I don't. Ok, so I was tired of my dolls eyelashes coming off every time I moved her, so I took some crazy glue and glued those suckers on. Well, I was a pretty careless with the glue, because I wasn't aware of just how permanent crazy glue is, and I got glue all around her eyes, top and bottom for each set of lashes. Well, when I go to redo the face-up, the paint and blush under the glue residue won't come off, and neither will the glue.

Damn...

So I spend forever trying to get it off without actually changing the head and failed miserably. I'm now looking at sanding it off, but I'm not even sure that that will work. Lucky Costa, she's getting a new head whether this works or not.

The moral, never use crazy glue on your dolls, it makes them sad.

18. nothing major until now *__*

one day I picked Ashlay up and grabbed her lower legs. Totally forgot about her knee joints and she swung backwards, dropping her wig.

and taking photos by the window sill always freaks me out ^^; I always ended up trying to wrap up the shoot as fast as I can.

19. I accidentally knocked a doll off a shelf and chipped the side of her head. Two of my dolls have "tan lines" from yellowing and a third has some discoloration on her arms. Only one of them is in perfect, unyellowed/unchipped condition.

I think I might win on sheer volume of havoc wreaked on BJDs.

20. Left Dee and Riku in the company of my father. Three minutes in the bathroom, I come out and they are naked and re-enacting the Playboy channel. x.x