1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugarble 70cm Males

May 26, 2011

1. I was just wondering, but does the lower body look short for the torso in the pics? The 10th large picture down of Genie as a reference.

2. It does, but I've decided that it's not that far off from human variations. It's very clear on one of the body pictures on the notice board.

3. Thanks nancy! I just wanted to confirm my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. ^^

4. Yes, this guy definitely has short legs in proportion to his body but not outlandishly or freakishly so. My hubby is 6 foot 2 and has a 34 inch inseam-- pretty average for his height. I'm 5 foot 7 and have a 32 inch inseam. My arms are normal length for my height but too short when you factor in my legs. I'd trade proportions with this doll in a heartbeat!

5. It's quite normal that complexion in human beins isn't perfect and well proportioned, guess that in a doll it's just a bit odd, that's all,
      but personally i like this body the same ;)

6. Once people and dolls are dressed, the differences are not as noticeable.

7. They are limited to a number of 50 now. Is there any chance in the future to see Matthew and Genie released as basic dolls? Unfortunately, I can't afford them at the moment, even with the layaway plan. I'd like to buy Matthew or Genie in the future because I like both the face molds and I can't decide right now.
      I just hope so ^^

8. They havn't released a basic yet. Maybe because there are so many choices on the full set that you can essentially buy a basic doll. It's very hard to say how soon they will sell out.

9. i second your opinion Nancy, surely dressed the body wold look proportioned!

I agree as well, actually there's a lot of opinions, and you can just buy the doll, i was wondering as well how much time he will last before sell out

I really don't know if company planning to offer the same mold as basic, i can't afford him actually, so we're in the same boat :(
      I hope you can afford him in future.<3

10. I think all their full sets are limited to 50 and none ave sold out yet. I don't know if there will be more interest in these new guys, but you might have time to save for him.

ps: I have NO idea why their dolls aren't more popular! The dolls are gorgeous and beautifully made. And their service is among the best. When you have paid they email and confirmation with an expected shipping date. They even emailed me to let me know one of my orders would be delayed by three days!

11. I know it sounds paranoid, but Genie looks SO much like an original character Minimee I had commissioned. Especially the nose and lips! I have another picture where the nose is spot on. But I assume it's just a coincidence, of course. But still, the resemblances is uncanny!

[​IMG]

Ironically I like Matthew better! :sweat

12. I'm sure it is a coincidence. There are a lot of accidental look-a-likes in people, why not id dolls!

13. You and Savage are both really reassuring me. :) In my opinion, Idelians and Iplehouse EID look very realistic and mature, and I like the sweet feel in Matthew and Genie. I really believe they will be going to fit my doll family, even if I still don't own 70cm sized dolls.
      So, hope they won't be sold out very early. Little Rudy is already in my wishlist, I am so happy to add Matthew or Genie as well. I don't mind both, I like them the same.
      I second your opinion. Sugarble dolls can be really famous because they carry really sweet and beautiful molds. I was fond of Dollti style, and now I am happy they managed to come back with Sugarble. Even if Matthew and Genie look similar in size with Idelians and EIDs, they stand from the crowd because there is something original in the sculpt.

I have also noticed the difference in the proportion. The body looks short compared to the legs, or the legs and the arms look longer. But I don't care, different body shapes in dolls make them seem more similar to real people!

Lycansea, maybe it's just a coincidence. It happened to me as well, even if I haven't realized a doll project. When Migidoll released Yuri for the first time, he was identical to a character I have imagined. So, I immediately puchased him :)

14. Thanks so much for the encouragement Nancy, maybe who know at least i can afford him before he'll sell out!
      I do agree with you, this comany is fantastic and i love all their dolls, the tiny are simply awesome, i hope that this project can bring to company more popularity as they deserve it!
      Same here, i'm sure it's juts a coincidence <3
      Well did you shared this drawn of your character somewhere on the web, maybe?
      I'm sure that it's just casualy btw, and it's good reason to buy him! ;)

I agree that some disproportion can just make this body more realistic,
      i can linking sugarble body more to IDealian body than EID, no offence for IpleHouse fans, but i don't find the male mold, and body sculpt such realistic, EID aren't definitely my cup of tea....
      I hope you can afford this boy, really!

15. I don't think the 70cm guys will sell out immediately-- I am the only person in the waiting room, so far.

IMO people in this hobby tend to be a bit circumspect when a new line comes out. The IDealians are a good example. Very, very few people bought the first IDealian when he came out, and only slightly more bought the second. But now they are selling well. To me that means that these first sugarble dolls will sell slowly, too.

So I think you may still have a shot at getting Matthew and Genie, even if you have to wait a while to save the funds.

As for the body, it's strange, but bjd bodies do not follow the canon of human proportions-- what Vitruvius and DaVinci and many others after them have called "ideal" proportions-- and which we still see as "ideal" today (except in fashion models). So when a doll comes out that looks a little closer to those proportions, it can look a bit odd.

Here is a pic comparing Genie/Matthew with the proportions of DaVinci's Vitruvian man:

[​IMG]

Note that he is only 6 1/2 heads high, instead of 8 heads high like Vitruvian man. But 6 1/2 heads high is the standard for manga figures. His arms are a bit too long, compared to Vitruvian man as well, but his leg to body proportion is "perfect"-- about half his overall height.

In contrast, here is an Idealian:

[​IMG]

His arms are a little bit longer Vitruvian man proportions, and he is still only 7 heads high. But his legs are slightly out of proportion. By Vitruvian standards, they should be 3 1/2 heads high-- half his body length-- his approach four.

16. Today I was able to load the site on my Mac and view the pictures. Gorgeous guy! I don't think his legs are too short, but I agree that his arms are too long. Very beautiful sculpt though. I'm in love with his little pointed ears. ;)

sakuraharu, I hope that you're right about him being available for a while, to give us a chance to save money for him. :)

17. Waaaaaah! *sobs* Why now? I have no money, none at all, and I'm still scrambling to make a final layaway payment to Soom...but Genie is delectable. Those ears! That profile just kills me, and I'm super-intrigued by the body. *cries again*

EDIT: Erm, I think I'm an idiot. Does the doll have a page you can order from, or is it more of a IOS situation, where you leave a post with your order and they get back to you?

EDIT EDIT: *slaps head* Never mind - I just realized Genie's page (with ordering info) wasn't loading for me the first time.

18. Thanks for the body comparison/ratio pics sakuraharu! Seeing the Sugarble body in that pic clearly shows to me that it is his arms and not his legs that are out of proportion as I had originally thought. He is quite lovely indeed!

19. I've joined you in the waiting room....LOL.

Fell in love with his elf ears....and the rest. :) He should go well with my Idealian guys.

With the Sugarble layaway plan....makes it alot easier for me to make sure to get him. I just ordered him maybe an hour ago....and was surprised to get an answer within minutes....thought would hear back late this evening. If that is any indication of their service....I'm impressed.

If the pricing other than $490.00 for the Genie is on their website....I haven't found it or it won't load.

Here was the breakdown for mine for those figuring on ordering (golden brown must be $100.00 USD):

doll cost &#9733;

doll Genie (golden Brown) / 590USD

limited Genie make up / 60USD

limited Genie shoulders impact parts brushing / 30USD

Fullset wig / 15USD

LEEKE 14mm glass eyes (on snapshots) / 19USD

impact shoulders Special parts / 60USD

Fullset outfi / 95USD

USA EMS ship / 65USD

I was looking to order on the website until reading the instructions to email my order into Sugarble.

20. do not worry i was intent to forward the info to you, but you've already find it! <3

sakuraharu thanks so mcuh for the comparison pics,
      i find that you're a bit right about new company, people sometimes have to think about it a while before buy some new dolls or not, expecially when those are new projects, i guess that with Idealian was most the sort of "secret society" thing, the board i mean, all those advertising about pics, tha put down someone...just my perception at least.