1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugarble Limiteds discussion part 1

Mar 1, 2010

1. Wow! Explosion of activity! :dance I like it! --And maybe it will get me going on fixing up my Emerald naga boy. He's been sitting on the couch doing nothing all this time (waiting for me to do something).

@Kavarr -- But your naga boys look so adorable just as they are! They don't need jewelry! --But I'm sure they'll look fantastic if they do get some. :3nodding: --The jewelry makes me worried that mine'll get all scraped up, and it's more of a pain to keep them all straight on him. But I DO like the look...
      --Oh, and the Soom mers! Lucky you! I wish I had some. Those tails are just lovely. They remind me of the nagas with the colors and the clear resin, actually.
      --I just spotted some green colored beads at a Tuesday Morning store for 99cents the other day, so hopefully I'll get some stuff made for my Emerald naga soon...

@Iron_Dog -- Always great to see your boy! That outfit is perfect for him. ...I've got a ton of beads and fittings hanging about, but I rarely get around to doing something with them, also. And I never seem to have all the right kind of pieces when I DO! agh. (but I just found some green beads, so that will help)

@Epicari -- I've definitely seen a couple up on the Marketplace before... but they are still pretty rare. It can't hurt, though. But hopefully Sugarble will make more nagas!

@PeppermintPocky --Oh, I hoped someone here might know more about what Sugarble is doing! That's fantastic. It's good to know they are busy with new sculpts. Definitely tell them that we hope they make more nagas, too. :thumbup --And thanks for liking my naga-boys. I really need to do more with them, poor neglected things...! :sweat

2. I had admired the Sugarble nagas for a while. But now I'm not so sure if nagas are my cup of tea. But I kinda regret I didn't go for the The Mirror naga with either the black or white tail. The Mirror naga would have fitted so well in with the fantasy, underworld, faery realm and shinigami family that I have.

I love Sugarble's dolls very much so I'd be very sad if what happened to DOD would happen to them. I'm so happy to hear they are working on a new doll line :)

I can not wait to see them!

#802 manabusama, Feb 10, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    3. I was lucky enough to snag a couple of white naga tails before they were discontinued. Sadly I didn't think to buy to upper bodies too, so now I'm in hybrid hell :/

Been looking at DC but they're either too wide or too narrow in the hips for it to work.. any suggestions ?

Also, I can't wait to see their new creations , they always have such great designs!

4. Hmm... I know the Sugarble cuties were on the slimmer side. Perhaps a Momocolor tiny? You may need to go large on the hips and do some modding. Good luck! :thumbup

5. If their new designs include full animal body parts, like FL RealFee line, I might be in trouble :sweat

6. Thanks! I'll definitely look into them. I'm okay with a little modding, I'd prefer subtractive modding though, so I don't need to colour match any additives.
      Planetdoll was also another choice, but they might not be back from their hiatus . .
      Oh well, here's hoping that the the bums of some of the closest matching dolls might even out the 'empty' spaces.

Oh definitely ! Though I the keep their body aesthetic and don't make them as adolescent as realfees. But do give me more snakes and angry mermaids pls sugarble.

7. I have a planet doll I can compare. I have a spare Mori but I need to check what color it is.

8. Howdy, folks! I got an email from Sugarble---they put up a handful of dolls on their website today that is leftover stock from their old event.

I just spent all my money on another doll yesterday or else I'd place an order, LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to share the news in case they have a color combo someone here would like. :thumbup They can be found under the Event Sales tab. They have a few overstock heads, too.

Supply/colors are VERY limited. Good luck!

9. Oh, that is so cool, PeppermintPocky! I went to look and they've got tails, heads and bodies... but limited in color choices. I do hope some people can find a match. The prices are still pretty good, I think.

10. @PeppermintPocky Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to get the bits to put together the little white naga I had in mind so i'm happy :)

11. Congrats Epicari! I just had a look and everything is showing up as sold out. I wondered if the sold out thing is old and you can still order. Did it show as sold out when they let you order?

12. I ordered the bits from the Event Sale page, I think the bits listed there are what they have left :)

13. I'm so glad I saw this, because I've not been receiving Sugarble emails for some reason but I've been regretting not getting a naga tail with the doll I bought last year so I'm really exctied to say I just ordered a white tail! I also got my hopes up when I saw the no.7 face in purebright as a choice, which I also have since regretted passing on, but I think it might have gotten snapped up...

And @Kavarr yes, go the "event sale" page and it has one listing each for body, tail, and head, with a drop-down menu of the available colors/sculpts. They seem to be going fast though.

14. Thanks @Epicari and @Kittzel. I am safe as it was the dark violet tail I had been thinking to grab. I know a few people have been asking about Naga tails on BJD Addicts so will pass the info on if someone has not done it already.

15. For anyone considering, the Meyo face is honestly super cute. :)

[​IMG]

16. @Epicari -- Oh, congrats!!! That's fantastic! :dance

@wherethelilacsbloom -- That face is totally adorable! I really do think Sugarble has super-cute sculpts. I'm curious to see what new ones they will have. :kitty2

17. Thank you ^^ I wasn't intending to buy another a doll so soon as already spent a bit recently but the opportunity was too good to miss! Especially as Sugarble are still being very cagey about whether or not they are planning to have nagas in their new line up so wanted to pick up those bits just in case they're not going to continue with them. It was super helpful that @PeppermintPocky said about the last chance sale :)

18. #818 nancy_schroeder_ca, Feb 25, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    19. +1 thanks @PeppermintPocky !

My Sumire (girl body + no.4 sculpt in purebright) is sort of Japanese-folklore themed, so I'm planning to paint the white naga tail with touches of red to resemble Nuregami from the game Okami.

20. So great to see that people got another chance at the nagas! --And the wait time should be good, since they are selling parts they already have. Congrats, everyone!