1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Summerbird Mini Discussion - Viola

Oct 19, 2017

1. I simply love the sculpt, the body is amazing both proportion wise but I think it's very unique compared to what you usually see. I just love how chubby and morbid she is, though sweet thanks to the face you gave her.
      Couldn't afford to pre-order one but I look foreword to future project you'll make:3nodding:

P.S.: Just for personal interest, have you consider make a SD sized doll, similar to her?

2. Viola is so beautiful! She's what pretty much convinced me that I needed a BJD asap haha

3. Will Viola start shipping before the end of the year?

4. Just popping in to say that she's gorgeous and I'm happy you created her! I'm new to BJDs and was very much on the fence about even bothering with the hobby, since the dolls I was seeing at the start were all quite similar in terms of body type, expression, etc. I saw one of your YT videos about creating Viola and suddenly my eyes were opened to the other body type options out there! I'll be watching her preorders and your future dolls as well ~

5. I was so in love with her body that I set an alarm for her preorder time while I was at work. Hilariously it went off while I was stuck away from my work station and a co-worker had to let me know that they'd turned it off for me. I panicked about it causing a disruption and fibbed and said it was to remember to take a medication. :sweat

I finished paying off my layaway last month for a café au lait small bust body with heel feet and now I'm trying to figure out how to acquire a MiniFee Mio head for her.

I think I'm most excited about the fact that while I could do some digging for clothes for her and come up with some cute stuff, I'd spend just as much time searching for them as I likely would making them for her, so it'll definitely push me to be more creative again. I've already started crocheting a sweater for her!

6. Thank you so much everyone for commenting <3 I love hearing about your plans and how you found Viola ^__^

I'm hoping to make a couple more hands for the Viola body! Depending on how many there are, I will probably make them option parts like the high heel feet, but no matter what they'll still be available ^^

It should be! I'm not planning on removing that option ^^ I'm hoping to sculpt an additional medium size bust piece too... Anyone have any suggestions for a name like the pixie and vixen busts? XD

I'm definitely interested in making a full-figured SD sized doll :) I will have to see how well I do working on a different scale! I have a few other projects I'd like to do before tackling that though, so I'm not really sure when that will be.

I hope so! It all depends on Haru's schedule. I'll keep you all updated! Hopefully I'll get a status update sometime this month :) It will still take a bit longer for me to start shipping the dolls, since I have to assemble them and all the packaging. I'm honestly not sure how long it's all going to take since I've never done this before, but I'm still hopeful that the first order will get all shipped out by early 2018.

7. Maybe Nixie, for the sake of another creature with an X in the name?

8. This is so exciting. I regret not getting in on the first run.

9. Maybe "Nymph bust?" :)

10. @mokarran you have created an amazing work of art! I saw a picture of Viola for the first time today and my immediate reaction was, "That's MY body shape!" I was beyond excited to see myself in doll form. Unexpectedly, I felt validated to see a beautiful body that looked like me available to others, not just a one-off sculpture. Needless to say, I will also be anxiously awaiting the next pre-order. Thank you for doing all this work in your "leisure" time. You are making a lot of people very happy.

11. She has arrived! Viola dolls have arrived in the United States! Yay Jess received the first 15 Violas dolls Saturday! There is information on her Instagram. I am so excited I ordered one and I hope I get an email that my doll was among the first 15 to ship from beers crossed!

12. Congrats to everyone who ordered a Viola! I'm so jealous! :droolHopefully I will be able to do the next order...

As for the medium bust...I like the idea of 'Nixie' or just 'Nyx' to keep that x in there, like @tako-chan said.

13. Hmmm I like Nixie, but it might be a little too similar to Pixie... Maybe with a little fiddling it could work!

As @liwhitesa mentioned, the first shipment of Violas has arrived from Haru! I'm hoping the 2nd shipment won't be too long. And after that I'll be doing another preorder ^^

After getting the dolls back from the casting company, there are a few things about the sculpting that are starting to bother me XD Like her shoulder joint placement, and that the Viola faceplate is just a little too small to fit on a Unoa headback.

So I think what I'm going to do is have one more preorder for this current body, and then go back in and rework some of these things that are bothering me, as well as sculpting a middle bust size, etc. I'm hoping the changes will result in an even more beautiful Viola body <3

14. As excited as I am to order a Viola for myself, I want to see what kind of changes you make! Viola is such a beautiful doll, and frankly you’ve inspired me to start building dolls myself. It’s always been a dream of mine, but the idea of sculpting (when I’ve never worked with the medium before) just seems so daunting. But I’m never going to be able to achieve my dream if I don’t try!! So thank you, @mokarran ; w;

15. Has anyone gotten shipping notifications? I don't want to bother Jess about this lol. I saw in her instagram stories that dolls are ready to be shipped! I'm excited either way for those of you who will receive your girls soon :D

16. I was wondering about the shipping and wanted an update but she is busy trying to get them out. I have to wait because I am getting a face up and stuff. I am so excited!

17. That’s exciting! She does gorgeous faceups! Yeah, it’s best to let the artist work! I figured eventually, whoever gets their shipping notification will update here lol. I wish I knew if my body is in this batch tho!! Aha

18. Shipping notifications went out today for about half of the people in the first Haru shipment (the "body only orders"). Full dolls are taking a little longer to ship because of these dang dresses! I'm almost finished with them, so I'm hoping the full doll orders will be getting shipped out in about a week :)

@GoodbyeYouHelloMe you shouldn't worry about bothering me! Feel free to message me any time <3 Unfortunately your doll wasn't in this first Haru shipment... I'm hoping Haru will finish the rest of the order soon!

I need to do so much blushing and painting, and take so many pictures! I'm going to be updating all of the pictures on the website soon (hopefully) to show off Viola in all her resin glory hehe...

I haven't been able to sculpt in such a long time, it feels like... I really miss it T0T I have so many things I want to make!!

19. @mokarran I figured that shipping notifications would be sent I just kept hoping mine would be late, ahaha.
      I cannot wait to see her. I hope Haru finishes them soon. Thanks for answering my question :aheartbea

Are you planning on making more option parts such as hands? Or more dolls? Any chubby males in Summerbird's future?

20. I would love to see more beautiful curvy bjd and a Boyfriend and Children that are curvy. I hope more artist will create more diverse bjd's.