1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Summerbird Mini Discussion - Viola

Oct 19, 2017

1. Has anyone received their Viola doll yet?

2. @liwhitesa You can check out the Summerbird waiting room to see when people receive their dolls ^^ Also if you're on Instagram, be sure to follow the #summerbirdbjd or #summerbirdviola tag, I know a couple people have posted box openings there :)

I've only sent out the "Body Only" orders so far. I believe those orders have all been delivered. I'm still preparing the "Full Doll" orders, I'm hoping to send them out this week. For people who ordered faceups for their Violas it will take a little longer to prepare.

3. Got my girl after she bounced around my city for a while. I ordered a body and added a head layer.

4. I received my shipping notice that my Viola has shipped! "Happy Dance" Jess did a beautiful job on her face up and she is just as beautiful as I pictured her to be! I can't wait for her to arrive to see her in person! Hope everyone else will be getting their dolls soon! Best Wishes Viola Fans!

5. This is such - SUCH - a beautiful and unique body sculpt. I'm coming up with character ideas to give me a reason to jump on the next preorder... if the Mystique head is available then, I'll never be able to resist.

6. I’ve been following this doll for awhile and I have to say it’s my grail doll. ❤️❤️

7. I got mine the other day!!! I got a lovely body inclusive of phallus, and I've popped an Iplehouse Violet head on top.

[​IMG]

His name is Mudawar. The tan match, Summerbird Cafe Au Lait to Iplehouse tan isn't great - Iplehouse's is much darker and yellower, but nothing you can't blush to fix. The facial proportions are a little larger than the Summerbird body wants, too, but it doesn't bother me, and it's not very perceptible with a good fluffy wig.

Honestly, this is one of my favourite bodies of all time, really topping out the list on first play. It's so poseable, stands without help (even in heel feet), and incredibly tactile and handleable. I just have absolutely no idea how to dress him!

8. Awesome! Please post more, I’m very interested in how this body works compared to other MSD

9. Oh gosh, he's so pretty, I love his tattoos!

what were you thinking of clothing-wise? I've tried a few things on mine, and currently Suvi (f) is wearing a Dollmore SD skirt with an SD tank top (as advised, the straps are a bit long so I have them pinned in the back). Shasta (m) is wearing Dollmore Mokashura leggings (a bit short in the leg, but with high boots it wouldn't show) and an SD shirt in FID/SD13 size which actually fits pretty well - it's not hugely long on him like the other SD shirt I had him in originally.

10. He looks incredible! What great body blushing, too! I'm definitely going to have to start saving for one of these; they're so distinct from other bodies available. <3

11. He's a lot heavier than my other two MSDs (a Dollzone Mo on the discontinued bw008-45 and a Souldoll Crispin on their double jointed 45cm body) as you'd expect and absolutely poses better. He's very softly strung, (nothing a bit of wiring couldn't take care of if I found it bothersome, which I don't) and has absolutely spectacular knees.

Well, I don't really want to cover up the blushing work I did as it took me so long! I've made him a burned velvet kimono and some panties, though, because #summergoth amirite

[​IMG]

Thank you! I mean, all body blushing is fated to scrape off at the joints and I've sort of accepted that...

12. I'm waiting for the next pre-order myself. I'm so excited. I am trying to subscribe to every thing about Summer Bird and Momoni. They are my grails. I like the Momonita but she is a little small. I like to stick between 35-45 CM.

13. My Viola arrived this weekend. She's wearing an SD13 size romper and has the Vixen bust.

[​IMG]image6 by s o p h i e ☪, on Flickr

14. She's so pretty. I want one in lavender so bad!!!

15. This is the doll that got me into BJD, I hope to get her someday! She's so gorgeous

16. I heard that the new pre-order date is set. I'm so excited I could cry. I'm going to start saving now. I hope she has a few more slots than last time. I get paid on the 20th so if I'm super super lucky I can buy her right off!! I want all the options, extra feet/male options. I'm hoping to get her in the Violet. Fingers crossed. I have so much anxiety that I'm going to miss it or not get a doll!

17. Bump! I'm so interested in hearing more about her, but there so little info out there. Surely someone wants to show off their beautiful doll? Maybe even review it a little? :D I've heard plenty of good things, but I'd love to hear even more. (And bad things, if there are any!)

18. I'm super excited for her pre-order. I have dreams that I'm going to miss it or they sell out super quick!

19. @Colorblindcrayons I know how you feel! She's so unique and lovely. I really hope the artist has enough success with this doll to do multiple rounds. I can only afford to buy one right now, but I'd love to have two just for the wonderful hybriding options she'd provide.

20. I don't know if I'd be getting the full doll or hybrid. I do know I will be getting both male and female parts and both feet. This will be my first doll where I have to WAIT. ACTUALLY do the dreaded waiting game. Heck.