1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Summerbird Mini Discussion - Viola

Oct 19, 2017

1. I wonder if the sculptor had time to modify the body any? I know she mentioned she wanted to do some work on the shoulders, or something.

Ugh, the preorder is at a rough time for me... preparing for a new pet, and going on a trip right after it opens. I'm fairly certain she has layaway, right?

I plan to hybrid- Viola is lovely, but I'm after something a bit different... not sure what, though. I have lots of time, anyway.

2. I wonder about that too! I plan on getting her/him in pale Violet so I may get the full doll for now, just so I have a head and hybrid later with a company that can resin match.

3. That sounds like a good idea to me, @Colorblindcrayons ! I imagine trying to get a resin match by happenstance would be awful. Plus, you at least have some sort of head for them in the meantime. Pale violet is such an interesting color. I dont think it's for me, but I do love it.

I'm thinking now I want a modded unoa head... they're so cute and expressive, but I want something with smaller eyes.

One Flickr user has (had?) A modded Latia and a modded Lusis, and I love that happy small-eyed-round-face look, and I think it would look adorable on this body. :D not to mention since this body was originally made with unoa in mind, I shouldn't have to worry about the proportions or hybrid stuff.

4. I thought I would share my "Viola" here too - but she is not a full Viola though
      She is a Hybrid with a Doll Chateau Charles head, which I color matched to fit this beautiful body.

[​IMG]

If you glue suede the current shoulders, they work fine. But I hope for the future Jessi will consider to replace the balls with some other kind of shoulder mechanism...

5. She's beautiful, @NanaM ! :D good to know about the shoulders, too!

6. @Xila aww thank you so much :3

7. I have a question for shoes...
      What kind of high heeled shoes does fit, since Msd are obviously too big - do MNF shoes work? I have one MNF pair, the black skull boots, and they are a bit too small to get her foot insinde without damage...
      Any tipps?

8. Iirc, the artist specifically designed the feet to fit into MNF size shoes, so most things for slim mini theoretically should work.

I've always found bjd shoes to be a constant game of hit or miss no matter what size I'm buying for, but you can always trying matching the measurements for the feet with the inner shoe measurement before you buy and see if that helps.

9. Anyone here had any luck with pants from a certain etsy shop or bjd site?

10. Mokashura size leggings from Dollmore fit nicely, although they're a bit short in the leg.

11. [​IMG]

My beautiful Viola came last month and boy I am so impressed!! I am so in love with the hands and how they are not "doll like" at all, they portray a lot of emotions when posed right! The resin is so smooth and beautiful and I definitely underestimated her size lol! I am extremely happy with the Viola body and I can't wait to see what Jess has in store for the future!

(Silly pic I took in a hurry - I am hoping to get the Dollits head out for a color match this month!)

12. She's very cute! I love her cactus skirt!

13. That skirt print is awesome! Love her styling, and looking forward to seeing how the Dollits head compares!

14. Thank you both!! I am worried the head is like a millimeter too small but i'm going with it anyway :sweat:kitty1

15. [​IMG]
      I had to cackle a bit, because Salem could not be more different from Shasta and Suvi. I always thought he had a tiny head for an MSD but I stand corrected. Maybe it’s the wig?

16. Trying out editing more!

[​IMG]

17. I was wondering if anyone has experimented at all with alternate hands for their Violas? I lost one of my sets in a move and I'm really itching to try to find some hybrid options but before I do a deep dive I thought I'd see if anyone has had any success :)

18. On the off chance that anyone has Viola and RS MSD or a Leekeworld art body, I'd love to see them next to each other! I have two RS/Leeke hybrids, and am thinking if a Viola would fit in with them well.