1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Bible

Aug 17, 2004

1. I would just go with what it says on their website. I preordered mine from there with no problems.

2. Actually...statistically speaking...$43 for an "art book" as this technically will be is *quite* good...you should see the cost of some books out there, it truly boggles the mind.

I think this is def one of those "you'll be sorry" situations if you don't pre-order it as it will likely be WAY more than $43 once it hits Y!J and/or eB.

3. are they preorder only? Or will they be available in a volks store?

I'm going to try to get my friend living in japan to pick me up a copy when it gets printed at the volks store in Kobe, IF theyre going to be sold there.

If theyre just preorder I might have to preorder mine too XD

Does anyone have a pic of the cover so I can show her what to look for??

4. As far as I can tell, the final artwork for the cover hasn't been released yet. HLJ has a copy of the flyer on their site, but there is not an actual photo of the actual cover yet. http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?MDW22591
      BTW, if you notice on the flyer, the regular retail price is about 4900yen and HLJ is still offering the book at the pre-order pirce of about 4700yen.

5. yeah, but itll be cheaper for me regardless because she can ship it together with the rest of my stuff instead of sending one book on it's own.

but will it be sold at stores? or is it preorder only?

6. Did anyone else get this email from HLJ today?????

"Thank you for your order from HLJ.
      We have received the information from Media Works that the item you ordered
      and that its price was changed as follows;

Correct Info.: Media Works Super Dollfie Bible (MDW22591) 4743JPY (Early
      Bird Price JPY)

As we will not be processing this order for a while, please cancel or
      reduce the qty on your order via our on-line status system if the correct
      price is not acceptable to you.
      If there is any problem about this matter, please contact at the E-mail
      address ([email protected]).
      Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
      HobbyLink Japan
      http://www.hlj.com

Tomonori Ozawa"

7. Price drop? CLEARLY THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

They must've gotten enough preorders to qualify for a bulk discount from the printer. I love it when that happens!

Their page still says September release. What does "a while" mean?

8. I got that email too. I hope the bible will be released soon :grin:

9. I thought it was always that price? Appx $43?

I don't care either way, I just want it to come out soon. :D

10. just FYI, those of you who are ordering or are thinking of ordering the Super Dollfie bible, the official release date is Sept 30th from Volks. Those who ordered from Domuya.net will be getting theirs in early october.

If you havent ordered yours yet, now is probably the time to do so! (hopefully the release date won't get pushed back again!)

11. I sent my info to preorder the book a few weeks ago but i haven't heard anything from them ever since. what shall i do now? any suggestions? i really want to buy it!

12. I havent heard anything either
      no news is good news :grin:

13. that is so true! lol :grin:

14. The order for the "Super Dollfie Bible" that I preordered about 6 months ago is finally in payment processing at HLJ.com... which means they should be shipping any day.

They list it as IN STOCK!

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?MDW22591

15. i just got an email for HLJ telling me they can process my order! yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :D

16. Mine has been shipped, so... yey!

17. Wow, 1700 yen for shipping seems high, especially since I could swear I asked for the least expensive rate... Is that in line with everyone else's shipping charges?

18. its a big book :daisy and yes, their shipping prices are very competitive and accurate. they charge less than Volks on similar items!

19. :o they're charging me 4150 yen. almost as much as the book itself... :S is there anyone from Europe who ordered the SD Bible that's been charged as much as me?
      i haven't paid yet...so if i find some cheaper place i'd go ahead and order elsewhere...
      :oops:

20. They charged me 4150 yens too -_-U. I was thinking on change it to a SAL but it maybe took months to arrive (bad experience with a SAL package that never arrive *T_T*). At least we can buy the book without the high fees...
      I'll pay for mine tomorrow and hope to have it for next week >.<