1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Owners Club USA Registration (Begins Sept. 20)

Sep 12, 2005

1. Thanks JoAnn. I couldn't understand if they wanted a picture that was larger than that size, or no larger than that size. I guess I'll just make it that size.

Another question: For those of you that filled the form out already; do I fill out the form with just one doll and just include the info for "extras" in the message?

Thankies!
      Lyssa

2. I just listed both of mine. I listed them with a comma in between and did so for the rest of the questions to separate the answers appropriately for each doll. I put in the message part that I hoped it was alright. *lol*

I'm so glad they're doing this. It'll be neat to be part of the SD owner's club. Will we get a confirmation email or anything?

3. I listed the 3 that I have. When they asked for doll type, I listed the image file name = doll type. Then when they ask for name, I also listed image file name = doll name. That way, no confusion for them. And yes, I attached all 3 pics to the email.

4. I think the picture i sent might have been too big since i didn't understand what they meant. I hope they send something so I can send a better picture if I need to >>

5. Volks wanted pic attachment larger than 400 pixel by 300 pixel, so I think something a little bigger but not that big that would fill up the screen. I registered one doll and say that I also owned other SD/MSD and then list my dolls. I wonder who is going to retype all this emails and put on the site. They could have us filled out our info w/ pic attachment like we did awhile back that I believe was on biscuitbear's website. That was much better and we could registered all the dolls we owned.

6. Well I could take a pic with them all together (except for Cossette who is out for a face-up).... but that might be more confusing than anything. I'll just fill it out for one girl that I got from them and then mention the others in the message area too.

Thanks again for all the help!
      Lyssa

7. I think JoAnn's right, and they want a picture no larger than 300 x 400 pixels.

I just listed one SD, and sent one picture. At least I'll have a membership. ^_^

8. That could be true too, it was so confusing. They stated like this "* Larger than length 400 pixels x width 300 pixels required"

I wonder if we will get a membership card with the pic we sent it. that would be neat. I wonder on the 2nd year since we will have to pay $10 to renew membership, will we be able to buy the limited edition and not have to suffer the on line After Event. I can't wait to get my membership card!

9. I have a question, when they ask "10) Original Name of your SD", mine is a F-08, now known as the F-05 head mold (on a Volks standard body). Should I put down the new name or go with F-08 sense that’s what she was when I got her?

~Meg

10. Well, it stated that we will have our choice between 2 different cards. So maybe after they have input our registration into their database, that's when we will get the email giving us the info on the membership. After all, they did ask for our addresses.

11. F-08, because that's what she was when you got her. There are slight differences

12. I think they wanted one larger than that given size because they did say that a file /too/ large won't be able to be recieved by their e-mail server.

I believe they wanted a large one because, if they're printing membership cards with your SD on them, they'll need one that size to crop and put on the card-- anything smaller won't look good.

As long as they can crop it themselves, it should be fine.

13. I registered both dolls in one email, and sent a picture for each. I interpreted it as larger as well. I figure if it's not what they want, they'll tell me.

14. boy, I don't know what they meant. I sent one slightly larger than the demensions becuase that's how I interpretted the directions... but now I'm afraid that maybe I did it wrong? I only sent one picture.... I have over 10 Volks SD. *_* Should I send that many photos? I just sent one of my favorite photos and listed all the names of my dolls.

I listed the welcoming day of the one I sent the photo of, and then I said the date that I got my first SD. I hope I'm doing this right. A lot of people have more than one doll, I didn't quite understand how they wanted us to do everything.

As to non-NorthAmerican folks, I think the reason that they did this was directly related to the store opening in LA. they're thinking that most people who will visit this particular store will be living in North America, that's my guess. and the club I think they are directly relating to the store.
      So if they decide to open a store, in say, France, then they'll probably open up the SD club there too.

I have to say that even if there was no exclusives or anything like that, that I'm very grateful to be able to do this. Ever since I got my first SD in like 2002 or something, I'd been a little wistful that I couldn't fill out the "fanclub card" that came with my doll, you know? And I was jealous of SD fans in Japan who go the Volks mailers in the mail! It's silly because basically I'm happy about signing up for "spam" haha...! But it's spam that I want very much!

Hopefully if we didn't fill the thing out perfectly (since it was hard to understand?) that they will still accept our applications? (or at least email us and tell us what we did wrong so that we can reapply?)

15. or perhaps we should email them asking to clarify because of the confusion..? XD; they're generally pretty quick to reply.

16. I could not decide, larger than 400x300? I didnt think so ,so I sent smaller, if we hear differently I can resend and register another doll.

17. Yeah, I emailed them asking to clarify the size. Have not heard back yet, but I often have trouble getting my mail from work.

18. Their sample picture is 244 x 222 pixels, so I would think that they want your picture to be no more than 400 x 300. Just my best guess.

Linda S.
      galatia9

19. The response:

:oops: Not quite what I'd asked.... asking again. :daisy

EDIT

20. I think this will clarify it the size of the picture. I just received this from Volks:

Email from Volks:
      "The first Registration Period: From September 28, 2005 to October 31, 2005."

Registration Guidance:
      * Please read the guidance carefully and send information as below by E-mail.
      * Please fill ¡ÈSD Owners Club¡É in E-mail subject

1) Name
      2) Address
      3) Date of Birth
      4) Gender
      5) Telephone Number
      6) Fax Number (Optional)
      7) E-mail Address
      8) HP URL (Optional)
      9) A Picture of your SD for SD Owners List Page*
      * Sent as an attachment file.
      * Larger than length 400 pixels x width 300 pixels recommended
      * Too large file could not be accepted by E-mail
      * Please go to see the sample page on http://www.volks.co.jp/en/news/index_news25.aspx.
      10) Original Name of your SD (Ex. SD Sara, SD13 Yori etc.)*
      11) Name of your SD*
      12) Name of the shop or site where you welcomed (purchased) your SD
      13) Date of welcoming day*
      14) Your Nickname*
      15) Messages or Comment*

Requirements: Only SD Owners in USA, Canada, and Mexico.

Sincerely,

VOLKS, INC.
      311 Tsuchiya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
      600-8936 Japan
      Email; [email protected]
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx