1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Owners Club USA Registration (Begins Sept. 20)

Sep 12, 2005

1. I played it safe and sent something exactly 400 x 300 :oops: I haven't received a response yet. Has anyone been emailed back with a positive response?

2. Volks did emailed me back and said the pics I sent was too small. I have posted the email that Volks sent me above. They recommend you send an attachment larger than 400 pixels by 300 pixels.

3. I know there was a Japanese owners' section, but I can't find it.

See, I'm looking for examples of nicknames and comments.

What kind of comment are they looking for?

I... don't really have a nickname, and I don't want to be putting up any Japanese-inspired one... or Amnestic Angel... since I now think it's kinda pompous.

*sigh* even in my best pics, at least part of Eron looks pasty and washed out.... And I don't feel right sending an image of him in his default wig...

4. I sent in the email, but there was nothing about sending in a picture with it. Do you think I could send the picture in now? Maybe I should resend the email, but with the picture? I never got an email back from them so maybe they didn't even get the other email... what should I do?

*Edit*
      I'm gonna resend the email because the email address on their site is different than what I sent to (the one on the first post of this thread). :)

5. I did the same thing, because the original list didn't have the picture stuff in it. *sigh* Annoying. Now what to do...send it again? Are we supposed to hear back? Perhaps it would have been easier for them to set up a website for people to go in and complete a menu, and they could have asked for pics to be posted there. Hmm....well, maybe I'll send it again.

6. Here's what I get when I try to go to the link listed below:

404 Not Found
      The requested URL was not found on this server.Additionally,
      a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

7. You can't reach that page because there is a period on the end of the 'aspx'

Try again, but just copy+paste the link and delete the period. ^^;;

8. Thanks - I'll try that! I just sent in the registration again, with some pictures. I have no idea how many pixels they are, as my machine give the info in kb's? :? I'm clueless! But Dollpage resizes them, so hopefully they'll be in the right range....

9. Well, the kb is just going to be your filesize-- which is important, since that's what Volks' servers will be reading (and if they are over a certain size, they will be rejected, since the server would be unable to handle it)

Do you have a program like photoshop? Generally, any uniform way you have of resizing something (outside of the transform tool) will give you the option of resizing it by pixel dimensions or another form of measurement-- and these other forms of measurement should always allow you to switch back to pixels.

Example:

[​IMG]

This image is 450 (height) by 600 (width). You can use that as a general basis of which to base your sizing off of. This is a good size to submit, I think, because they can resize/crop it as they please.

10. StephG & juless231 - When Volks pulled the Sept. 20th registration, they said that they were going to delete all the emails they had gotten prior to that, so you probably should resend your information following their new form.

11. Registered! This is so exciting! :D That's cool that they give us a choice between 2 different designs for the membership card. Wonder what the choices will be....

CJ

12. They seem to have cut out all reference to Dollfie Dream and the little Dollfies on their registration page... do those not count anymore? :(

13. In their first reply to me they put the measurements of the DD so I would assume they are included.

14. That's weird. I didn't even notice that it was gone and listed my one 1/6 Dollfie on the webpage I sent them.

15. Well, in another thread someone says that only dolls bought in approved places, like Volks stores and Dolpas will be listed. That's seems unfair, considering it's a US club, and how many places can we buy them from? We're pretty much left with ebay...

16. Seems to me, even the Volks company itself is elitest. Glad now I don't like their headmolds...will support companies that actaully care they have fans.

17. Them's be fightin' words! :grin:

Okay, maybe not fightin', but those are pretty strong accusations. Sure Volks is elitist, but they were after all the first to develop resin ball-jointed dolls in Asia. While other companies do make beautiful and high-quality dolls, they are still essentially knocking off Volks. And I have yet to see another company care more about their fans. You just have to read Sarah's account of her trip to Tenshi no Sato and the Nagoya Dolpa to see that. Volks is one of the kindest, most caring companies I have ever run across in any business.

18. Yeah, but when they exclude owners who have to buy off ebay or go through a shopping service to get the doll they want, they're too elitelist. It's like they don't care about exisiting fans. I haven't dealt with them, though I own a 1/6 they made. Ryo is nicely made, but his hand won't stay on his wrist without me gluing it. Once I started reading how they were excluding current owners from their club cause of where they bought their dolls, that turned me right off. And I really like Bailey's Kellen.

19. Let me write them to make sure that's the case. I can imagine that they might have said something along those lines to try to discourage people from buying from scalpers -- although I can think of better ways to discourage the scalpers themselves, but that's a different topic -- but I'm sure that they must realize that until they open their shop here, there have been few ways for their international fans to get the dolls they want. Anyway, I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer.