1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Owners Club USA Registration (Begins Sept. 20)

Sep 12, 2005

1. well, even when they open here, a lot still can't go direct and get a doll. I can't fly across the US and buy one myself even if I want one. So please ask and clarify for everyone.

2. As I said before, I think people need to stop jumping to conclusions. Just how long has the listing been open? Less than a day, and you're assuming you know what and why they do what they do?

Honestly, people, just because you haven't gotten exactly what you want immediately doesn't give you the grounds to start badmouthing the company. You don't know what's going on, so instead of griping about it, do what other people are doing and write and ask.

If it turns out that, yes, they refuse to list dolls that aren't purchased from official places, then I'm sure a number of us will write and see if we can't change their minds.

But until we have confirmation, you do nobody any favors by inciting panic and making people think that their membership will not be accepted-- because you don't know that.

3. Like I said in the other thread-- They may be inputting the dolls in "phases" and have decided the seperating factor on being where they were bought. Maybe they'll start inputting dolls from eBay next Thursday; dolls on DoA Marketplace in middle October, or somethng like that. This thing has only begun, so I think it's a little disheartening to start to jump to conclusions.

4. Umm, where in the Volks site that says you can't registered if you bought your dolls from like say Yahoo Japan auctions instead of at Volks shop or After Event? All I see is this line:
      "12) Name of the shop or site where you welcomed (purchased) your SD"

As we all know, it is hard to get the After Event dolls, I bought my Liz for a high price after all those bidding service fees because I didn't luck out from the Volks AE or from the Doll & Hobby shop, so Yahoo japan auctions is where I bring all my dolls home and one time on ebay. So does that mean I can't registered? Because that would be unfair. I'm going to ask them if this is true. I am hoping that it is not.

5. It doesn't say, but the only dolls on the owner page currently are from certain sources, so being the passionate folk we are, a number of us thought that was a bit suspicious. Several people emailed for clarification, and as yet (time differences I'm sure) have not heard back.

6. They did include the picture of Hana that I attached and the link to my page with all my doll's on it, including ones I've bought from DoA members and Y!J, so I guess that they didn't have a problem with that. I still wrote them though and hopefully will hear back from them. Keep in mind, it's midday Sunday there, so we shouldn't expect to hear back until at least tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and I was totally tickled to see Hana on the Volks website! :D

7. I just checked all the dolls listed on the owner's page and it seems the dolls listed were all bought from Doll & Hobby or from Volks. Perhaps they haven't listed all of the dolls yet?

8. I sent pictures for both Mika (bought from Celga) and Bethany (from the Volks site), and only Bethany is listed...so, they obviously got both, but are only listing the one from the official site. It's a bummer, but it is their club, so they get to make the rules. I hope that it's just a timing thing, and that Mika will eventually get her picture on the site.

Maybe they are a lot more sensitive to secondary market sources than previously thought?

9. Why don't you guys bend the truth? They don't ask for any PROOF.
      I mean, I personally wouldn't but if you want it enough, yes?

10. For anyone who missed the other thread, I just checked and noticed the "where from" portion of the profiles is gone.

11. Finally got a reply back from Volks. Here is their email:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email and inquiry on our "SD Owners List".

We have never informed that the registration is limited only for SD
      owners
      who have welcomed from our shopping services or other official dealers.
      In other words, SD Owners Club is open for every SD owners in the US,
      Canada, and Mexico.

We have had more than a hundred of email coming since the registration
      opened.
      We are dreadfully sorry for the SD owners who have not yet been on the
      list
      but we have been uploading the owners information as fast as we can.
      We wish your kind understanding in advance.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
      Thank you so much for your opinion.

Sincerely,

Volks Web Site Service Center
      VOLKS, INC.
      311 Tsuchiya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
      600-8936 Japan
      Email; [email protected]
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx

12. *repeating from the other thread*
      Yes, I got much the same email. :daisy I sent one in response thanking them for the reply and begging understanding that we are just anxious and sensitive to something we hold so dear.

It's good to see our fears were unfounded, and Volks has not become a big bad company with expanding to America. :lol:

13. just got my registration email sent. I hope I did it in time!!! lol

14. They posted all 3 of mine last week. And I tolkd them 2 were though a buyer and one was 2nd hand, doll board sale. So, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I waited until past the rush, but they went up perfectly in less than a week.

-Cat-

15. They only listed my Liz (Leopoldina) and I just assumed because she was the only one I got through a legit dealer at Doll & Hobby. They others were all gotten through R & D or YJP.

But it coulda just been cuz they were tired 8)

16. They also only listed Hana, because she's the only one I sent as an actual attachment (plus the only one that I got from an actual Volks store) and didn't list my other kids that I included on the webpage link that I sent them. I suppose that I could send them nine separate emails with pictures, but I think that I'm happy with just Hana representing all of us. :grin:

17. I think they are just busy..I got my Heath from YJ through Rinkya and he's upon the list . So just wait if you sent them the email with the pic and info I'm sure someday you will see them up there. :grin:

18. They've listed everyone I sent even though only Beatrix Belle (Toppi) was directly from them. I just left the field blank for my others (the others were from eBay and a DoA member).

I hope they put everyone up that sent pics in. I can only imagine the pain in the behind it would be going through all those emails.
      Lyssa

19. My registration for Dorothy, my Kurenai, was sent in yesterday.
      Today she is already in, at the top of the picture list as the newest.

She was purchased through eBay, & I told Volks that.

I hope the LA store does really well, so I can visit when I'm out in Anaheim next Labor Day. And maybe pick up someone else from Volks. <3 <3 <3

Ann in CT

20. Yay! CInda is up on there! I am tempted to submit my F08 Sioned too..... but she's on a Luts body XD.