1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Owners List Open!

Oct 1, 2005

1. So glad now I didn't bother listing Ryo. He's a volks, but off ebay.

2. Guess that counts Ephram and Lukas out, and the Arashi I plan on as well. ~_~

Ah well. I don't need a picture on a website somewhere to love my boys, do I? *shrug* Not my fault I had to get Ephram's head off of Y!J because I didn't know what a SD even WAS until long after Isao was sold out, or that I had to go through Domuya to get Lukas because I can't go to Japan to go to Tenshi no Sato. :roll: (And hey, LA Sumika does me no good either, all the headmolds/skintones I want are Sato only! F-20? Whoops. Sunlight F-24? Whoops.)

The only dolls I've gotten directly from Volks are my Dollfies. XP

Eventually I might get a Link or a Syo from Volks, but that would only be to cannabalize the body for Ephram and then split the head with someone. >_>

Ah well.

3. I can understand why people are upset that so far Volks isn't listing dolls purchased from other than their official sources. But I think that the main reason for the USA Super Dollfie Owners Club is to promote the upcoming Los Angeles store more than anything else. I imagine Volks is most interested in having people who purchase their dolls there join the club. They don't want to promote eBay as a source for their dolls, after all.

I don't think Volks means to be disloyal to US owners who have supported them in the past, before the dolls were readily available here. How could they know what direction their business was going, and how popular their dolls would be here? I'm still happy that Volks is moving forward by opening a store in the US.

Linda S.
      galatia9

4. I too, can understand the reasoning, (assuming that is the case, and this is the issue), to want to promote them as the source to get the dolls.

However, no one is stupid, it doesn't take much of a search to find the dolls on ebay or wherever. Doll and Hobby no longer sells Volks, (for as much as they were able to in the first place from what I heard; just saying it's not like they were able to provide like any Volks store in Japan, so that hardly counts), and Haute Doll definately doesn't take orders.

If they want to promote the store, that's fine, but what is the point of the US club if there's going to be all these exclusions. What business sense is it to build a customer base by ignoring your current customers? Why list a "where from" at all then, esp noting above, that the one's they are listing do nothing to direct a new customer to a place they can even purchase a doll.

I too, don't need some picture on some random site to justify the absolute joy I have when I look at Sonya. (I love the html code on the japanese names, they definately need a new web designer, haha!) It's still irritating to be unsure as to whether you are even acknowledged as an owner if you didn't get your doll from a place they deem acceptable.

/rant

5. Here's a thought for those who have bought through Masamichi or Frill Frill -

Your doll was purchased from an official source. You sent your money to the buying service, and they took your money to the showroom and purchased your doll. At no point did they own the doll. You did. You are the original owner, and the purchase location is the shop at which the deputy service shops.

Ken

6. Well, that may be true, Lukas was TECHNICALLY purchased at Tenshi no Sato, but it's still dishonest to say so. I've never been there, probably never WILL be there, and I still ordered him through Domuya regardless.

Oh well. I've got Volks dolls, they make me happy, and I can understand Volks' position even if it leaves me out in the cold. It's just a little hurtful, though, to think that my dolls aren't important to them even though they made them, just because I didn't have the luxury of getting them direct myself.

Does kind of sour me on Volks a little though. :-/

But, eh. I'm not going to boycott them or anything. I'll just grouse about it, shrug, and realize that I never think of my dolls as being an "x company y doll" anyway. Lukas is Lukas, not an F-24 or a Link. Ephram isn't an Isao, he's Ephram. *shrug*

7. Here are some quotes from pony_gery in this thread regarding registering SDs that were purchased outside of "official" Volks means:

And no where in the "Registration Guidance" section of list does it state that you cannot register Super Dollfies that were purchased outside of official Volks stores. Where are you guys getting the impression that dolls purchased elsewhere are unwelcome?

I hope this isn't true, as all of my Volks dolls were purchased either on eBay, Y!J, or here in Marketplace.

Once I get a nice enough photograph to send, I will definitely give it a shot.

As a side note, I've noticed every doll registered so far has either been purchased through Doll & Hobby or another official Volks store ~ hope it wasn't because they rejected others :oops:

8. I think people are jumping to conclusions too quickly. Just because the other dolls aren't listed doesn't mean they never will be. As far as we know, these aren't all the dolls that were listed as purchased through doll and hobby, Haute doll, or directly from volks, either.

I believe patience is the best course of action-- wait and see, and if they seem to give no indication that they intend to change this, then perhaps we might email them and see if they would possibly change their mind (if they don't want to promote buying from anywhere but volks or official retailers, perhaps they shouldn't list that field in the member listing)

But I honestly think whining about it without waiting for clarification hardly helps anything-- and jumping to conclusions about what Volks does or thinks is just going to make people more upset.

9. This is so ironic if it is true.

I'm not going to go into the trials and tribulations of attempting to buy my dolls directly from Volks, which was impossible. I tried to buy direct.

So this means people will have to lie, or do what I may end up doing, which is use the doll I purchased from Doll & Hobby for someone else outside of the US. Instead of using any of the 5 limited SDs I own. Because technically since I purchased the Doll & Hobby doll, I am the owner for the brief period of time it is with me.

I do hope this isn't true, because it means that many people will either being unhappy with Volks or having to be dishonest. That is never a good thing.

10. You've got to admit that it's really hard not to look at it that way at this point, though. It's entirely possible for them to just by coincidence have had the first 41 dolls sent in be from people who got them direct, but... >.<

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but it really doesn't look good for those of us not lucky enough to love standards, current limiteds or have the funds to go to Japan for a month and a half to order and pick up FCS ourselves. (Or in my case, while I could get the funds easily enough, getting time off to go even for one day to order it wouldn't be possible at my job - We get 4 holidays off a year, and they'll even make us work those. 9_9)

11. Maybe they're inputting the dolls in "phases", and are just dividing them up by the places they were bought.

:oops:

It's just my being hopeful.

12. o_o the doll list has some MSDs who were gotten from Doll and Hoby~ They probably just havent gotten around to updating everyones info yet XD

13. Doll & Hobby is (was) an official Volks distributor, so they're an "acceptable" place to buy from.

14. As others have said, it's a bit hard NOT to see Volks as being selectively exclusive at the moment. :oops: Especially since Kaighn wrote that the only doll listed out of the two sent in was the one "officially" bought. Plus I sent in my registration for Sintiel the day registration re-opened, and he's not listed either...I got him off of Ebay.

I did send Volks an email asking about this though, since the only "requirement" listed for registration is that you live in the USA, Canada, or Mexico. I didn't use the SD Club address, though, I sent it to the main one on the Volks site. If I get a reply before things are clarified elsewhere, I'll post it here.

15. :o :o soo awesome! my momoko is on there. my mom had to register though TT.TT so its under her name. i just noticed her stockings were lopsided. i'm kinda giggly now

16. Did anyone else catch the MSD F-13, Toppi, and Arashi in the "Other" section? What's up with that? :?

17. I assume w/ the Toppi and Arashi, they are both pictured and fall into two different categories. (MSD and SDC) The F-13, I'm not sure. FCS?

18. Hmmmm one thought is, everyone who sent in an application will get a card and be a member of the Club, which I think is equivalent to the Volks Supporter Club in Japan (which costs $10 a year to join) but only the dolls bought "officially" will be shared on the SD owner list.

If this is true, it's still not a great thing but sort of makes sense as a compromise of Volks understanding how hard it is to get dolls "officially" but also wanting to restrict to "official" sources.

The quotes that were shared by Pony_Gery said the club would be open to all Volks doll owners, not the pictures for the SD owner's list. ^^;;;

Though I agree with the wait and see people.

19. Good points.

I went ahead and sent info on one of my eBay-bought dolls. I'll wait and see if they add her. I won't be offended if they do not add her, but I will be disappointed if they don't let me have a membership :(