1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Dollfie Owners List Open!

Oct 1, 2005

1. It might be a half-lie, but if you got your doll through a store via a third party, I'd just say it was bought at a "Volks store c/o a friend in Japan" or some variant thereof. Okay, so maybe they're not really a "friend" but ... it's mostly accurate and illustrates that yes, you got it through Volks.

And if you got it via the Korean Volks shopping services, you could just say the same thing with "Korea" instead of "Japan".

Just an idea ... sounds better than "shopping service," anyway. *shrug*

2. Yeah...I looked through all the pages and not one doll was listed that could be gotten through any channel other than the "official" channels. It really doesn't feel fair, when they said that all SD owners would be accepted into "the club" regardless of where they got their doll...then they decide not to publish any owner info where the doll was bought from Yahoo!JP or e-bay or whatever.

3. There is a Volks store in the city of Fukuoka. That's where Masamichi shopped.

Janet usually bought from Korea. I think there is - or was - a Volks store in Seoul.

4. Hmm. The list is now missing the "where from" portion on each doll...... perhaps the emails had a positive influence?

5. They took away the message/comment portion, too. :(

6. OH! I thought they looked really short, but I couldn't figure out what else was missing.

7. That's even more sad. Couldn't they just leave it the way it was and include everyone's Volks dolls?

8. I'm actually glad, because my message was kind of lame, although that also did away with my link to the page with the rest of my kids. I have a feeling though that this is a good sign that they will be posting all dolls, no matter how they were acquired. :grin:

9. I'm curious if they haven't added mine because maybe I didnt fill the form out right? are we supposed to include a photo for every doll? (ie a separate registration form for each doll?) I don't want to overwhelm them. :( should I just wait?

10. Look! I got an email back from volks:

"Thank you for your email and inquiry on our "SD Owners List".

We have never informed that the registration is limited only for SD owners who have welcomed from our shopping services or other official dealers.
      In other words, SD Owners Club is open for every SD owners in the US, Canada, and Mexico.

We have had more than a hundred of email coming since the registration begun.
      We are dreadfully sorry for the SD owners who have not been on the list yet but we have been uploading the owners information as fast as we can.
      We wish your kind understanding in advance.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
      Thank you so much for your opinion.

Sincerely,

Volks Web Site Service Center
      VOLKS, INC.
      311 Tsuchiya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
      600-8936 Japan
      Email; [email protected]
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/index.aspx"

Whew! I guess this means that 1) they changed their minds or 2) it just looked very selective and it wasn't after all.

This means that nobody's being excluded after all, and that's the main thing! :grin:

11. Yay! *happy dance* and much love to Volks! :D

Oh, and Aimee, I'm now wondering the same thing. Should we send individual emails with pic of all of our kids now? I think that I'll give it a while though and let Volks catch up.

12. yeah, I think I'll wait too, lets try and be patient and not overwhelm them! they probably got way more emails than they can handle! :oops:

13. Aimee, just include yours all in one email. I did that. The part where they ask for the doll names, I used the file name next to the doll name so it was easy for them to figure out who was who. It's probably better to send it all in one email than seperate emails.

Also, it looks as tho if you send a picture of all your dolls as a group shot, you will get put in the "others" category. If you want each doll listed seperately in their respective categories, you should send individual pics.

THey might have taken it away as it is a lot more info to type. While it's nice to see that stuff there, the less they have to type in, the faster they can upload more registrations.

14. ah what a relief, looks like they are listing everyone's :grin: I almost died of annoyance for a little while there lol As in my first post, negative comments retracted! *keeps saving up $ to fly to LA store next summer*

And Caelan looks so kawaii on the list :D Number 88, too! My lucky numbers! :D :D :D

15. Yes, I got much the same email. I sent one in response thanking them for the reply and begging understanding that we are just anxious and sensitive to something we hold so dear.

It's good to see our fears were unfounded, and Volks has not become a big bad company with expanding to America. :lol:

16. Yay!

Ah, and they put both Ephram and Lukas up seperately in the SD13 section, so sending two in one email seems to work just fine.

...Though for some reason they put gothiclibrarian's page as my URL? ^_^;;; *nudgs gothliclibrarian* Hey, is there something going on with you and my guys I don't know about? X3

17. :o *sqeals happily* :D

They've put up my little Gryphon! Ack! He looks so cute and official!

Hugs to Volks!!!

And in a strange coincidence, his number is the same year I graduated high school! *_* weird...

18. They probably took away the comment section because a lot of comments were more like suggestions (I know mine were-- I asked about Yo-SD FCS XD;; ) and might look silly or be embarassing to put on the main page.

And the 'where from' section was taken away for obvious reasons.

Likely, Volks simply reconsidered the need for those items on the main list, or some miscommunication between Volks and the web page designer as to what sections were supposed to go on the member list.

Either way, this is why I'm glad I didn't get upset over anything before. When in doubt, wait and see, and then figure out where to go from there.

19. Hm I wonder why my suzuna is up there but no name of owner o_o

20. :lol: :lol:

Hmmmmmmmm indeed!

I'd blame it on Duncan, the cad!