1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. there are multiple explanations on various levels. First get ahold of some dried cedar, some self lighting charcoal and a metal container with a handle to put it in I like cast iron] a white candle and a jar of italian seasoning and a scrap of white cotton cloth. Sew up a little pillow of the the white cloth with one end open. Light the charcoal and when it gets going sprinkle the cedar on [you can add a little copal too] start fro the front door going clock wise and around in a square all windows and doors opening the doors up in the house and a quick blow into whatever they are to] room by room until you get tot he door again and go around that clock wise. Cedar is allot more effective than sage and most people can unintentionally use sage the wrong way: I like it, I use it, but it doesn't cleanse as well and actually brings spirits in [in a good way]. Then pour the italian mix in the pillow and sew it up entirely. It has to be small enough to fit in the doll head without causing issues] say with these sacred herbs I allow nothing in or to mess with this doll or any doll in the house. Then light the candle and put it in a high spot like on top of the fridge where it won't burn anything or get knocked off. Say I light this candle for the spirits to be at peace. If your isue is on a spirit level that will take care of it

2. Thank you for your advice! I will look into getting some sage to burn to see if that helps. I agree that calling a priest would be a bit much. As you said dolls are likely to become vessels, so while what's happened so far doesn't bother me I am worried about something becoming attached.

As for your suggestions there are a few details I'd left out. Sorry.

1. Eric and I got home at the same time, we work at the same place on the same shift. Plus it was 4am, so we didn't have any guests, especially on a work day. Also it's too far away and deep in the closet to have been done by accident. You would have to of been in the closet completely and coming out.

2. The shakers were on the stove, which is nestled between the counter and a wall. Issy, the cat who wasn't accounted for, has issues with seizures (she takes meds for them) and is too weak to jump that high.

3. He could have been seeing things. What worried him most is that it was broad daylight, and very bright in the kitchen.

So those are unlikely. I've been trying to think of other explanations myself, but I haven't thought of any yet.

3. Nothing such as that.
      It's just coincidental.

4. What did you end up doing? And did it help?

5. I just stuck sage in his head. It's hard to say if it helped, because for one, I'm just not really a spiritual person and I was doing it on a friend's advice, but also we still have weird things happen, though I'm not sure if it can be attributed to a natural cause or not. The tv hasn't acted up again, but the crashing and foot steps still do. I actually did contact some ghost hunters, and they ended up saying that they think it was all caused by all the power lines around here and the cave systems under us. Since even the ghost hunters ended up saying it was all natural causes, I just mostly ignore it now.

6. Funny that I see this today considering what happened last night. I think I also posted in the old thread about some weird stuff with my dolls.

I was woken up last night at 3:42 (my alarm clock is right by my bed) with the sensation that I wasn't alone in the room. At first, I thought the cat had come into the room. Nope. No cat. Nobody but me in the room. I wasn't in some sort of half awake state either. I got up to use the washroom and was wide awake when I got back in bed. The feeling of some... thing else in the room was even stronger and the... unpleasantness of that feeling was stronger, too. I laid in bed, wide awake for a good 20 minutes before I couldn't take the skin-crawling sensation any longer. I couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard I tried and the sensation of menace was very strong. I didn't want to close my eyes but I wasn't exactly thrilled about keeping them open either (tiredness aside).

I went into the room where my dolls are (The Boy is currently staying with us and sleeps in there), took Moswen out of his box, brought him back to my room and sat him beside my pillow. Moswen is one of my characters and that character is a Shal-hazal, a person who is able to enter dreams of others and change them to be whatever the Shal-hazal wants/needs them to be. I held his hand and was finally able to fall asleep although the feeling of being not alone in the room persisted. Every time my hand slipped off Moswen's, I'd jolt awake with the sensation of somebody looming over me, reaching for me. Holding Moswen's hand made the feeling back off and there was a distinct air of frustration. I didn't manage to stay fully asleep until about 5am when the oppressive sensation of somebody else with ill intent vanished from the room.

The Boy asked me this morning if I'd been in his room at around 4 or so as he'd woken up and thought he saw me in his room. He also said that he'd woken earlier with the feeling that there was somebody in his room and that he saw a human-shaped shadow go out his door before I went into his room. He said he'd gotten the same feeling of unease but didn't know what was causing it.

7. I think that's the kind of thing I saw in the previous thread I was talking about! Thank you! I'll look up the ingredients and see how I can go about this.

8. I have had a lot of things happen to me when I got my doll scarlet. When I was opening her box me and my mom heard a large dropping noise and turned to look in the direction thinking it was our cat and slip goes the hand and I badly cut myself. My cat was on the bed actually looking in the direction herself.

Then one time I was visiting my grandparents where I left her and Nathan sitting on the dresser but when I came back he was on the ground and she was looking in another direction. Even though I knew it could be explained away I did burn sage around her and no weird stuff has happened since.

9. realized that you are in australia. you hould be able to get most as the regular market, get a little spray bottle, some rose oil ome cinnamin and put a few drops of the oil and a dash or two of cinnamon in the bottle and go around spraying the house [NOT THE DOLLS] dried cedr you should be able to get online at a close witch store or herbalist.

10. Then one time I was visiting my grandparents where I left her and Nathan sitting on the dresser but when I came back he was on the ground and she was looking in another direction. Even though I knew it could be explained away I did burn sage around her and no weird stuff has happened since.[/QUOTE]
      sageworks, don't get me wrong, it is a good cleanser but when it get to the point of things happening around a place cedar is much more industrial strength,

11. The Boy asked me this morning if I'd been in his room at around 4 or so as he'd woken up and thought he saw me in his room. He also said that he'd woken earlier with the feeling that there was somebody in his room and that he saw a human-shaped shadow go out his door before I went into his room. He said he'd gotten the same feeling of unease but didn't know what was causing it.[/QUOTE]
      I would really cleanse his room and the house

12. This kinda freaks me out. I have always believed in spirits and have a weird story about this kinda thing. When I was younger (about I want to say 14?) I was at my aunts house they where preparing to move and i had the strangest feeling that while in the guess/ children's room that I wasn't alone. I looked at the then turned off tv and even though there was only the bed and tv in the room I could see a very detailed doll laying on the bed with its head up on the pillow. At first I though one of my younger cousins left it but then when i look at the bed there was nothing. Looked at tv yup doll, look at bed nothing I repeated this like 3 times before and I kid you not I yelled "no" and ran down stairs. Told my aunt what the doll looked like and she had this look I cant describe and said i was banned from going upstairs for the rest of the day.

13. Couple weeks ago I left a nude doll on my bed while I went to go get lunch. I came back to find him covered up with my pajamas. I assume my mom went in my room and decided he needed modestly, but it still gave me quite a start and made me laugh, looked like the poor fellow got cold.
      Dolls have bit of an uncanny valley effect sometimes. It's natural that we tend to notice weird happenings around them more often than weird occurrences around other things. Though it never hurts to take harmless precautionary action if you ask me, there's a lot in this world we don't understand and what we call spirits definitely fall into that category.
      Such an interesting thread to hear peoples experiences though. Thank you everyone for sharing. :)

14. I've never had much of an experience myself beyond one of my dolls "being bratty" until i make the joke he misses his boyfriend. Then he seems to behave lol

I would like to point out though, there is actually a plethora of protective herbs. I myself use lavender, bayleaves, cloves, and lemongrass, as well as some stones (i tend to like stones better. Not messy haha) many herbs and stones have several uses, so i think it's something to keep in mind. Also, after cleansing your home, i recommend pouring olive oil around the perimeter of your house. Works every for me for keeping out negative energy. Of course i think it's best to read around and use whichever method "speaks" to you

15. I'm a witch myself - I've lived in a house w/ghosts, and there are some sort of little brownie spirit things living in my current place. They are basically like cats (in temperament I mean) - benign & curious. They LOVE my dolls! I haven't had the dolls move TOO much - a hand here & there etc - but I do set them up in their little living spaces & dress them season-appropriately, both for my own enjoyment & because my little spirit things seem to like it!
      When I get a nasty one (I do from time to time) I cleanse the house w/sage & sometimes put salt on the threshold. That seems to do the trick!
      Even if you don't really believe in all this, just the motions of doing something to 'throw out' the bad mojo will actually help it happen - per my psychiatrist sister-in -law!

16. I do not think spiritual matters with dolls should be taken lightly. The closer a form is to our own, the more powerfully malignant it can become.

I am not really into crystals and herbs and all that, but as far as spiritual warfare is concerned, the more human something is, the more powerfully it can be possessed. This is not necessarily bad and is what gives dolls their liveliness. However, if it is malignant, there are a few courses of action you can take.

1. Unhumaning
      Things can die a spiritual death where the power leaves it, this is primarily through "unhumaning" the object. It cannot be done quickly or the malignancy will simply be enraged and take on a non-physical astral form rather than a corporal form. Spirits that remain in a relatable corporal form are much easier to deal with, and this is best done over a period of time so it is unnoticed by the possessor.
      Week 1, remove the clothes and keep them off.
      Week 2, remove the wig and keep it off.
      Week 3, remove the eyes and keep them out.
      Week 4, remove the head and place it in a warded box.
      Week 5, if you must, unstring the body, but the body should likely just be a "corpse" at this point and the power somewhat dissipated, in which case, do nothing.
      I would recommend then, getting a new face-up, new wig, new eyes, new outfit, etc. The less it is like what it once was, the less likely the possessor will return to it.

2. Exorcism
      This is direct spiritual warfare with the possessor and is the fastest and least destructive to the object in question, but must be done correctly or will be completely ineffective. That being said, there are multiple ways to go about performing an exorcism depending upon your particular personal beliefs, but they all will require a few things.

A. An altered state of mind. An exorcism involves direct spiritual warfare, the shaman must cross into the spirit world in order to accomplish it. There are multiple ways to achieve this, an amoral adult can see the obvious way, however rhythmic prayer (Rosary/Jesus Prayer/Vedic chanting) and atmospheric construction (set the mood) will also work if you are serious.

B. Conviction. Ironically, the devout atheist will be a better exorcist than the casual acolyte. If you are crossing into the astral realm to engage in spiritual warfare, your mind will be laid bare to all the spirits, some may be allies and many will be enemies. Your conviction must be stronger than your darkest fears and you must be willing to be subjected to the worst humiliation you can possibly imagine, because you will face both.

C. A transmission. I personally prefer to use the sign of the windmill cross, as from thin air is drawn power, however many people use various crystals, signs, and sigils. Humans are little more than ticking dolls filled with junk, there is disturbingly little power present in the flesh, it must be had from elsewhere. Remember also the old ways, there is power in words and in the skins of others.

D. A focus. This is not necessarily an object, it can be created with both positive and negative space. For, as in the Dao, it is the emptiness of a vessel that makes it useful, it is the hole inside a wheel which allows it to spin. It can also, though, be an object, but essentially, once power is transmitted, it must be focused against the malignancy, whether through clever arrangement or powerful sign. The boundaries must be set, the subject confined therein, and the power placed upon it. This can be complicated, so not going into it at length.

E. A patron. Find your, as Uriah Heep put it, Lady in Black. To the believer, this is whatever higher power you happen to find. To the non-believer, never forget the fundamental principles of humanism, even when all the rest of humanity has.

F. An exit. Always have an anchor which prevents you from losing yourself. Usually a sorrowful anchor is best, as it cannot be twisted into a false heaven, but anything which will "bring you back to reality" will work.

Once you have those things, connect the dots according to your rite and perform the ritual.

3. Prevention
      As I mentioned at the beginning of this, I am almost completely unfamiliar with crystals and herbs and stuff, as I traffic in a different sort of magic, but I imagine their place would be here.
      Evil cannot grow where you do not allow it to grow.
      Learn your wards.
      Love is the strongest ward.
      Love your doll, and if you cannot love your doll, allow it to be loved by someone else.
      Never bury something with a soul still within it, either burn it, or where impractical (due to, you know, resin and fire) perform a respectful unhumaning and ritual breaking to allow the possessor to come to terms with its own doom.
      Understand that all things are doomed and all must eventually be reckoned to their own doom.

In the end though, technically, I know nothing about anything spiritual. Just always remember to treat your doll with love and respect and do not allow a grudge to build.

17. I would personally sage the house and use black salt around the windows and door to protect your home from evil sprits and tell them to get out, all starting clock wise and from the back of your home. Also I would sage the doll too or go to a magick store in your area (if there is one) and get someone with experance to do it for you, might cost your money though.

Of course this reminds me of this girl that I met and she would place sprits inside her BJDs because she attracted them and didn't know what to do with them. Yes, mulitiple sprits in a single BJD and a good majority of them wheren't nice at all. Didn't touch them either even if I was asked to because they gave me the chills and sent my 6th sense into over drive. Thank goodness my mother was there because she comfirmed what I thought was going with that girl's dolls and told me not to touch them because one or more of those sprits would most likely follow us home.

18. There are a lot of weird little moments that come to mind for me... When I first got my first doll, I was dating a huge jerk, and he abhorred XunXun. It was always tense when I had the dolls out, and he constantly said that there was "something wrong with that one." When I brought my boys to my current boyfriends house, he seemed to love XunXun the most... And everything's fine. XunXun also tends to move in ways that don't always make sense. He tends to be on the kick-y side of things... I need to try restringing again... but there have been moments when I have watched his arm move down very slowly, not unlikely letting your arm down after holding it up too long.

Last little story. When I first got Cane (just recently) I heard tapping, like resin against wall, from the corner where I have my dolls sitting on a shelf. Everytime I sat up, it would pause, and when I'd lay down, it would start again. It was super rhythmic and went on for a good ten minutes. I thought it was a bug or something, but never actually found out for sure. Nothing's happened since.

19. @Unseenstars233 One possible explanation is maybe your landlord or maintenance supervisor came into your place and moved the curtain if the doll spooked them. I used to have problems with my old maintenance guy coming into my place unannounced to change air filters and whatnot if he thought I wasn't there. I caught him once even when my car was in the shop. I suppose he thought I wasn't home.

Like the others have said, I don't see any harm in doing something that would give the both of you comfort. I personally don't have an opinion on spirits or how to deal with them. Some friends of mine swear by sage and rosemary for general cleansing of their spaces. I've never had reason to try, but I hope something brings you good luck with the odd occurrences.

20. Ooh, supernatural doll stories, I've got one to add;

Let me preface it by saying, I have a ton of health issues, most notably that my joints all dislocate and pop out on the regular (much like my doll himself :sweat), I have chronic joint pain, etc. I'm looking at a possible diagnosis of ehlers danlos syndrome. With that out of the way...

A couple weeks ago I woke up, and my hands were in severe pain, and I had no grip strength. My wrists and fingers also wouldn't stay in place at all. So, I made a trip to the hospital. Got the typical "we don't know, go home and take some tylenol" response. So I returned home, and my friend who had come with me to the hospital tagged along, as she'd agreed to help me restring Xiao beforehand due to above health reasons. That goes fine, and I leave my doll naked for another day just to make sure he was fully dry after cleaning him as well.

The next day, I go to redress him, and his hand snaps. Two fingers, just, pop! Off they came. I'm really not much of a perfectionist and I knew all along that minor damages would eventually happen, and I had some krazy glue handy, so the broken hand itself didn't bother me, except for the persisting, horribly strong gut feeling that it was a warning. I shared my worry with my friend who had helped with the restringing and we decided to write it off as a coincidence, and I went to bed. Still anxious, but there was no logical reason why I should be, so I dismissed it. Until...

The next day, I woke up with huge dents in my hands. The base knuckles of my forefingers and thumbs had caved in. It wasn't painful, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly alarmed. I poked around on google and found that it was an uncommon, but known, symptom of the condition I'm already pretty sure I have. My doll gave me better warning about the potential of my health than trained medical professionals could. :?