1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. I haven't had any really spooky experiences with any of my bjds, but there is one involving my mom and a Pullip.

I recall setting the Pullip on a shelf or table in a hallway, and leaving her there (can't really recall too much outside that!). My mom said she could've sworn she saw that doll blink at her when she passed the Pullip by.

Not too much to tell, but that's my very short story :lol:

2. Since Halloween is tomorrow I thought I would ask everyone if they have any spooky doll stories. Has your doll changed position while out of the room? Something small go missing? or is you character's story creepy in origin? Share here!:aeyepop::shudder

3. Non-doll people always call Pete out as being my 'creepy' doll, though I've never had any supernatural problems with him... he just gets that reaction way more than the others. I've definitely had tiny shoes disappear on me, though-- they weren't for any of my current dolls, so they weren't being worn, and weren't put in a specific-to-THIS-doll storage bin (my boys have color-coded bins)... so it's probably just my being disorganized, and not any tiny gremlins making off with shoes. It's just more fun to blame things on gremlins when it's Halloween. My doll-moving-on-its-own stories are more related to needing restringing or the completely expected gravitational pull... I think.

(Well, okay, I defend Pete as being not-creepy, but... in the story I wrote about his past, he did spend some time in a circus sideshow as a 'freak', so... I guess he's a little bit creepy. Vince is a living doll, but not the murderous kind-- more Toy Story than Child's Play!-- and Billy can't help being cute, so that makes Pete the creepy one fair and square)

4. My dolls may or may not snore at night...

5. I got my first Obitsu doll on Halloween, so I kind of expected something creepy to happen, and it did (sort of).

After unboxing her and spending the day getting her dressed and face-upped and photographed, I had a sort of "let down" feeling - not because I was disappointed with her; she's hands-down the best doll I've ever owned - but because I was sad that the experience of buying, anticipating and decorating a new doll was over. I discussed this with my mom and went to my room.

When I sat down at my computer desk, it seemed as though Ingrid had overheard me, because her eyes had turned to stare directly at me, and they were glistening as though she was about to cry. It even looked like she was biting her bottom lip! Granted, her faceup makes her look like she has severe anxiety (which was the emotion I was going for), but her expression seems to change subtly every time I look at her or photograph her. It's... very strange.

6. Cute semi-supernatural story. I have been keeping 3 dolls in my bed while I am at work, and I place my Dollios Infernale, my Iplehouse Asa, and my Iplehouse Grace on the couch before going to sleep. All three have mingled uneventfully until until November 1st.

The weekend before Halloween I had boxed Asa in order to keep my light brown Stella in her beautiful The Addiction dress. On Halloween night I took Infernale, Grace, and Stella to the couch.

I positioned all three in the left corner of the couch as I always do, but Stella and Grace were spaced about 3 inches apart. I usually place my girls right next to each other. Imagine my surprise the next day when Grace, on the massive EID body, was leaning sweetly against SID Stella's shoulder! They both looked so sweet together. It was endearing. I think Grace has a preference for women with sun-kissed-skin!:XD:

I am pretty sure that everything could be explained away rationally if I wanted to, but what I regret the most was being unable to take a picture of them because I took them to my room before leaving for work immediately after their discovery.

It has not happened again, but that moment is now part of my memory.

7. The same thing has happened twice now since mine arrived. I have her on the sofa with me if I'm watching TV or listening to some music. I go to bed every night making sure I've turned off the TV plus the DA converter and amp. I'm quite meticulous about it. Anyway twice now I've got up in the morning to find her watching TV. Strange thing is it hasn't happened since her head was sent to the face-up artist.
      Who knows what will happen when she returns.

8. I had something strange occur in the month of March of this year. I don't think it's paranormal, but I'm not sure. About three years ago, I purchased my second bjd as pictured in my avatar. Since then, I got two additional bjds, but this bjd has always been my favorite and closest to my heart. Unlike the first bjd and the other two, the bonding with this one is strong-so much so that he'd always be by my side and I'd hide him if a stranger walked into my room, I'd confine in him whenever I'm feelingdistressed and I'd absolutely not allow a single soul to touch him. Only I handled him. So, I recently moved in with an awesome roommate who is aware of my doll collection (I collectother dolls aside from bjds as well) and this special bjd. She didn't have a problem with it. Well, one night, I was sitting on the couch with him in my arms facing my roommate who was sitting in the lazy boy adjacent to me. I was trying to get him warmed up to her since she was open from the start. It happened in a matter of a second. My roommate suddenly got in his face in a playful matter and that's when things got strange super quick. I couldn't even react in time. Just as soon as she got in his face, she jolted backwards in disbelief and told me "I shouldn't have done that, it felt as if someone put their fingers at the center of my forehead and pushed me away." Now, my roommate is not a deranged person and the look of shock and fear was imminent on her face. Despite me being in shock, I was sincerely scared for her. She didn't seem the same the rest of that even. After a few days after the incident, she theorized that it could have been my energy interacting and protecting the precious bjd. It's not something I thought about before.

9. Since all my dolls are preloved, friends always tell me scary stories about realistic doll being possessed and just to make sure i always play buddhist chant for them to listen to soothe and calm whatever maybe lurking inside. LOL

10. geez, I see hat is happening now: my comments aren't going up immediately or any time soon.

#210 Katscauldron, Jul 9, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    11. wow, that was odd, I was trying to edit to add who I was replying to and lost everything! I think you have put so much energy and care to this doll you have given him residual energy but that is as you who was alarmed and put a major psychic push to your roommate and she felt it

12. Strange. Not sure why DoA is doing that. @Katscauldron. Thanks for reading my story. You say residual energy, eh? I always thought residual energy was a 'playback' of pass tramatic events. Is there a different type of residual energy? I or rather my energy essentially attacked her. I have to research more on this. Crazy thing is, since it occurred so quickly and I didn't respond right away or feel anything at that moment, may it had something to do with my subconscious as well.

13. To preface I've experienced paranormal activity all my life. There's a lot of stuff that happens around my house and whilst the dolls have been left alone... There was a time I basically threatened to kick it out if it didn't give me back a part.

This was before I had any of my resin dolls and happened to an OT Obitsu. I was tightening her joints with clear nail polish and had them out to dry before putting her back together. I literally see her right hand vanish before my eyes one second it's there, the next gone. I've had stuff go missing but this is the first - and last, time whatever it is in my house being ballsy enough to steal from me in front of my face.

I jumped up and started saying out loud: "You give me back that doll hand RIGHT NOW. Not tomorrow, not next week, not in two years RIGHT NOW. You do not need that and you did not pay for it. If you don't give it back I will cleanse you out of here RIGHT NOW!"

I hear a little thud and look down. Right between my feet is the hand. I was standing the entire time I was saying this. The hand was not on my shirt or anything like that. It was like it dropped out of nowhere.

My dolls have never been touched again. Everything else? Yeah. But my dolls? I laid down the law and they've never been tampered with.

(Not just dreams like I've said before in the thread. This was one experience where I was actively angry)

I also saw on a show A Haunting a woman who collected miniature dolls was doing a faceup when activity acted up. The doll she was working on was broken.

#213 Arashi Uchiha, Jul 9, 2017
    14. I love reading these stories! :kitty1 I wish I had one to share myself... I really can't think of anything that might actually be supernatural though. I thought Ilya might cause some trouble, him being sort of weird and creepy (I actually found out about DZ Carter in a thread about creepy dolls), but he's been a nice, inanimate sweetheart like he should be, so...no worries there I guess. Plus my home stays pretty cleansed, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :XD: I hope more people have stories to share!

15. Wow! :O Intense stuff here. o.o I also do believe that if you treat a doll right and love and care for it, it will in turn protect you in a way.

16. It was definitely you on a subconscious level. Any strong energy or feeling creates residual energy, it can be love, longing, hate, fear, whatever. It is the basis for any and all sympathetic magic which has been the basis of belief systems the world over since the dawn of man. It has everything to do with your subconscious and people try to harness that energy in their spirituality and religions still. In person or group form it's called raising a cone of energy. Some people call it from your lizard brain, or that prehistoric part of the brain modern man doesn't use much, that part that we no longer consciously use in many cases in every day normal society but still come up from time to time in cases of that funny feeling that just saved you life or whatever. Some people and cultures are more in tune with it and the belief in it but all have it to one point or another. I think the moe acceptance people are raised with such the more open to things happening. But I also think with some they ill happen anyway. The same with ancient places or items that were important to people they will hold a residue of what was instilled into them. religious artifacts used in ceremonies is a good example another is feelings you have going to some historical spot and feeling something good or bad. I know hen I went to Versace I thought I was going to die, it s beautiful but I could stay inside almost passed out and had to wait in the gardens for everyone else as I couldn't go back in and as quite ill. It was weird, the worse case of that with exception of a club in Colorado as a child I ever had. or maybe equal.

#216 Katscauldron, Jul 9, 2017
    17. I'm not sure if it's just due to the eyes (High domed and pupilless). But my DC Carol when I got her always stared ahead. Now, a month afterwards it feels like she is looking at me even from the corner of her eyes. I swear sometimes there's even a delay in switching from looking ahead to looking at me.

I swear, aside from making a wig cap and playing with her a little. I haven't done anything. Not even dressed her (Though I probably should. I kind of want her first outfit to be something I made.)

18. I recently (about 2 months ago) got a "haunted" doll from a secondhand sale. I got this doll for a good deal because she was damaged and had been bought and sold a lot. I believe I'm her 6th owner and she was only sold from the company lat last year, so she's had trouble finding a home to stay in.

When I got her, I felt she was watching me. I changed her eyes to some glass brown eyes,. and those were worse honestly, so she has less deep lighter brown acrylics now and its less...creepy anyways.

When I would hold her, these weird welts would appear on my arms like three claw marks. This happened EVERY TIME I would hold her for more than a few seconds. I know it's not a resin allergy as I've held a doll from the same company and has no issues. I washed and restrung her and she would still give me those "scratches"

I could feel she was restless and perhaps angry. It could be because nobody attached to her, and she had had her leg violently drilled into, then haphazardly repaired badly so she's maimed. It didn't help I had trouble liking her face because her face-up was by a person I do not like at all...

Anyways we had trouble. Nothing too bad besides the welts. I washed her, restrung her, made her a necklace and put on a new wig and eyes. She was still pretty pissed. Like I don't know if she's possessed, but she definitely has an "essence" to her, like all my other dolls just feel like dolls, but she fills "full". Could be possession, or just residual emotions from past owners.

Things got better when I tried to make her feel more welcome. I took her to her first doll meet, naked, and bought her a pretty dress. She just kinda clicked then, I figured out she's going to be a selkie, and now that she's hung out with other dolls and been loved a bit, she seems more content and at peace.

I honestly don't mind having "spirits" in my hour or my stuff as long as they are chill, so she can stay as long as she's chill. She's not super one of my faves and I rarely hold her, but I don't want to sell her because 1. another person might not know how to deal with her "essence" and 2. I feel it's mean and probably why she was having issues in the beginning.

19. It's really interesting reading about residual energies on this dolls as it is obvious that most of us put our emotions into them while creating their characters or just playing with them. I like to think about it like an echo resounding on the object for a long time.

I had something weird happen to me a year or so ago.

I had my first doll (my lovely girl, Kerli) wearing a fox mask that covered the upper part of her face (due to a photoshoot I wanted to take) sitting near me in the desk while I was browsing something on the computer. I felt movement in that side of the room so I looked at her but everything seemed normal. Then I turned my eyes to the screen again and for a second in the corner of my eye I saw a real fox staring at me from where she was. I looked right to her, my heart pounding fast, but obviously it was just her.

I was a little shocked by then and left everything I was doing to take the mask out and hold her for a while. Now I think my eyes were tired due to the screen, that would be the easiest explanation.

20. My story is not that supernatural but I find it interesting to share. I usually keep my resin dolls on the upper shelf of my closet, sitting or standing, depending on their heights. My mom is visiting me and she saw the dolls. She said that dolls are like empty shells/containers. If you leave them just sitting there in a dark room long enough, things/wandering spirits will sneak in and take over the body and shell themselves in neglected dolls. We asians tend to believe in these very much XDDDDD