1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. Ezekely - Is your 'problem girl' white skinned by any chance? I've noticed it seems to just take an unearthly amount of 'practice' getting good at photographing white-skinned dolls. *_* I mean it, as I'm still trying to get better pictures of my TAN El, Tai, with my WHITE Chubby, Bella. :sigh

Anadine - I've found that El, in general, is an odd 'breed' of BJD. My own has slapped me in the face on a small handful of times, as a matter of fact/opinion/whatnot. I'm half sure it was a stringing issue, but still find it funny that explaining he'd get stuff back would calm him down. Maybe that would work for your El as well? (Chris is a cute name for an El, by the way. Chris, Tai feels your pain . . . in his own distance-shrouded and tan-skinned way :sweat)

2. Kamehane: Actually she's an Iplehouse "realskin" which is somewhere inbetween tan and normal.

And the odd part is my one tiny is a whiteskin and she takes great pics. Maybe it's because she's so small that being whiteskinned isn't that big of a factor, I don't know.

3. i had always prayed i wouldnt have a nightmare about my doll, but last night was awful :(
      it was only a part of my dream, but my little Feilian-3 was somehow switching bodies and hurting my little brother;nothing i did helped...in the end we did an exorcism and that helped. What was really weird is that when i woke up she was lying in a weird possition and turned away from me, my life is strange O.0

4. I think the only thing that happend with Mon Mon and me is when i put my pinky finger in her hand and pulled back she had a really hard grip :o It actually hurt.

5. GuardianOfAngels - It would seem your doll also had a nightmare! (Poor girl.) Was she on a stable surface, by any chance, or was she on something near enough to your bed that you could have kicked it?

kasanidora - Just you wait, because first goes the pinching and then it escalates to the slapping. -_- (I can remember one of the times I was trying to do stuff with my El's footwear and he really seemed to disapprove. How did he show it? By slapping me on the side of my head. ;_; You would think that, when you're the one shelling out money for all their fun stuff, they would treat you with more respect.)

6. I think that everyone here would benefit from reading up on hypnagogia. This is the cause of the "weird happenings" that go on while you are sleepy. Wikipedia might help for those who are new to the term: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

7. Kamehane-I think she was trying to be silly but you could be right. she also yanks.

8. I think it's important to keep in mind that the human brain are an expert of making things up, when I first got my doll I heard him talk, but myself already have hallucinations so I wasn't surprised my brain wanted my doll to talk, when dolls change place, move an arm or something like that, it's most likely you have forgot that you touched it since it's just such a common thing for you to do that you didn't payed any attention to the touch and simply forgot it since it wasn't important.

9. This experience is funny rather than thrilling, but that suits me just fine (some of the stuff you guys have mentioned would have traumatized me forever).

I don't take my MSD, Gryffin, to work very often, but my coworker who is afraid of dolls asked for him to come for a visit so he could see him in real life (I'd shown him a picture previously - which is how I learned of his phobia in the first place). He was curious in the same way I'll look closely at a spider, but man, if it moves I will be out of the house in three seconds.

So I brought Gryffin in and when we had a break, my coworker came over to see him. Now Gryffin is a lovely poser with a sweet disposition, and for the beginning of the visit, he was simply sitting on my desk. My coworker kept expressing the fear that Gryffin was going to move on his own and also mentioned within Gryffin's hearing that he might react violently if he thought that Gryffin were making any unassisted motions.

I rolled my eyes and picked Gryffin up to show off his posing ability. Except he Was Not posing. He was so still and stiff and I kept saying, "no really, he can do this normally. Something must be up with the elastic." But now I'm wondering if Gryffin was the one freaked out with the coworker's threat about his moving, so he kept as still as possible (even fighting me against moving him) so that none of his motions would be perceived as freaky and unnatural.

After the coworker left, so did Gryffin's stiffness. I had to tell the coworker later that Gryffin was just as afraid as he was!

10. Kamehane - meh call it what you want ~W~ just the fact that my doll freaked me out strangely actually amuses me Owo and most of the reason why he faces the wall (now that i think about it XD) is beacuse where hes placed is right in front of me so when i wake up id see him 'stareing' and when im half asleep that doesnt help XDDD when he's got a bdy i think ill be a little more relaxed about him facing away from my wall :3 though the though of protecting sound increibl adorable in a funny way xD

11. Yep; a lot of things that seem sort of otherworldly are actually just really complex physical phenomena.

Some people wake up from sleep paralyzed, and that's only because the brain hasn't fully 'woken up' yet. A lot of people claim to see and hear things that they misinterpret as ghosts or spiritual beings.

But still, I love ghost stories, horror movies, and the like. I think being a psych major has taken some of the mystery out of it for me, though.

12. My oldest boy Ryo used to sit on the desk across from my bed, and stare off into space, or off at the door. Usually his head wasn't positioned towards me, though I suppose a few times I could have moved him to look at me without realising.
      There were several instances, however, where he had definitely been facing the other direction, and in the morning he was looking at me. There was also a time when I was having a really hard day and went into my room and just started crying. Now, Ryo is really loosely strung, so his head flops forward and it's hard to make him look up, but when I looked up he was looking straight at me, and I was sitting on my bed which is almost as high as the desk so he was looking up. I went over and gave him a big hug, it made me feel tons better. ><
      Besides that their expressions change often, on all of them, but that's pretty standard. ^^

13. This may not seem supernatural to some, but it definitely was wierd to me.
      A little back story first. I seriously am thinking that Julian hates thunderstorms. The first time we had a major one soon after I got him, i was lying in bed listening to music and julian was in his box a little ways away from me. Now, thunder doesn't bother me at all unless its the freakin loud claps right over head that shake the whole house =_= So anyway, i just kept getting this really anxious vibe from the direction that Julian was sitting in. After about an hour I went and got him and put him next to me in my bed, where I wouldn't crush him if I rolled over. Instantly the vibe went away and I was able to sleep peacefully.

I didn't think this odd the last few times we've had storms because he's stayed on the side of my bed that I don't roll over onto, but last night something wierd happened.

I was going to bed but do to a flood in my room in the basement, I've been sleeping in my sister's room (on the floor). So I left Julian on the kitchen table because I didn't think my sister would want to wake up to see a doll staring at her xD So anyways, i wake up around 3:00 in the morning because a massive thunderstorm is raging outside. Irritated I went to the bathroom, then went to close the window in the kitchen to keep stuff from getting soaked. That's when I noticed Julian was missing. I frantically searched the entire kitchen ad was beging to feel very stressed and anxious. So I went back to my sister's room to grab my glasses and as soon as I put them on there was a massive series of lightning and thunder and julian was illuminated rather dramatically, somehow now sitting on the little play stove she has in her room. i was stunned and stared at him a good few minutes, deciding that he had to have gotten there one of two ways: either the ghost in our house moved him, or my mom did.

This is where the potentially supernatural part will end for others, because it was my mom that moved him. But what i find the most strange of it all is that normally she doesn't really care about dolls, let alone Julian. She may make a sarcastic (yet amusing) remarks every now and then, but that's it. With Julian last night she could have simply closed the window and left him there. But instead she brought him to where I was sleeping and left the window open o.O so I'm wondering if she got the same anxious feeling from Julian that I got that one time. It was all very strange, and she's really not answering my question when I ask her about it.

14. My own creepiness just happened just now while reading these stories, I'm unfamiliar with Robert, so I went to look him up, and when I opened his link, with his picture, my computer froze...... for only a couple seconds, thankfully..... Crazy.

Also, I don't own my Realpuki Soso yet, I just know I want her as soon as I can find her for sale, but I've already been dreaming of her, a LOT. Not just a dream or two, but whole nights worth,

And in my dreams she's a real living little thing.

Crazy eh? No malevolence attached though, just pure rp fun, and happiness. Man I want her home so badly! :D

15. I havent had anything creepy happen with my doll, but I did have something odd happen.

I was babysitting a family freinds 5 year old. She was watching TV, and I was sitting at the other end of the room on the computer with Llyr sitting on the desk next to me. Llyr has some of the nice Soom silicone eyes, so he always looks like he's staring at me. However, this time when I looked over to him, he was staring at the TV. I thought it was just the light, so I turned his head towards me, but his eyes were focused on the TV still. Eventually I kinda giggled and let him watch the TV.

I have since moved his eyes around a few times, but can never get him to really look at anything besides me. It's not really a creepy staring, more of a "why aren't you holding me?" stare.

16. Lala has come home, and she DEFINITELY is her own little character.

Nothing creepy, but she does things all the time. Like lift her lollipop to her mouth when I have that prop in her hand, she doesn't like scary shows or movies, she even made her faceplate come off as I was holding her.... Interesting. None the less, I LOVE HER! :D

Oh, and MadBlackRabbit, her eyes follow me too!

17. All these stories are so cool :D

Not so spooky, my story, but my first doll, Pyrite (DOD Homme Ducan) loves to have his look changed. Like wig, outfit, everything. And it has to happen every month or so. If I leave him unchanged for too long, he starts flopping, his joints flail, he won't stand, he loses his wig, everything. And then, as soon as I change his look, he behaves so well it's scary. And then once again. about a month later, he'll do it again. Once or twice, if it's a drastic change that he really likes, he will wait about two months, but he'll always do it again...and he will always behave fine again once I change him...

Also, he randomly loses his pants if I leave him alone with his boyfriend, but that's neither here nor there...

18. I haven't gotten my dolls yet (Iplehouse Dexter, Angell Studio Ty) but I have a lot of other dolls. My spooky ~sic~ story is about one from my mother. My grandma knew lots of missionaries so when they went to exotic places they'd send my mom dolls (she collected them too!) One lady went to Haiti (in the 30's) & must have been accepted, gotten along well, because the village wise woman gave her 2 dolls. One was just a simple cloth one (for the little girl per the letter my mom got) but the other one was for the missionary lady. This one is definitely a voudun priestess - with the pointy teeth, jewelry, whole bit. Missionary lady sent it to Mom, who always thought her creepy. Not me:D I loved her pointy teeth as a child & thought she would eat the boogie man for me LOL I still have her - I know exactly what she is now of course. She's on my altar.
      Oh, by the way KiraKat, what causes hypnagogia (what about that confused state creates the effects)? Article doesn't say....

19. Wow there is some really crazy sotries on here D:

Well I can only think of one time that anything "supernatural" happened to my dolls.
      So I was in my fathers work van driving home from a doll meet, and i had my DZ Yuu [Ez] in my lap and my CH ange ai uri [Alice] in my left hand but my friend called me so i just set Alice down in ez's lap. The van hit a huge bump and Ez's arms snapped around Alice. And prevented her from flying at the dashboard. Hahahaaa I thought it was soo cute. And i was sooo happy he caught her. [bad dolly mom.] But this seems to happen alot with Ez :3

20. Aww that's really sweet :D I love when dollies care for each other in such a way <3