1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. It might not be supernatural, but maybe just bad timing or intuition on my part.

It's a strange thing that happens when I'm playing with my dolls. If one of them happens to get sick (flu or cold or something) inevitably within the next few days to a week I always end up sick, too. The odd thing is, when they're sick, I tend to keep them in the bed next to me all snuggled up in the dolly sleep spot (they have pillows and a blanket) and baby them. So if they were human and sick, I would in fact get infected really easily.

This has happened to me about four times. I find it hilarious and yet eerie. Am I actually, through play, foretelling that I'm about to get sick?

The next time someone gets the sniffles I'm quarantining them...away from the bed. XD

2. I've been lurking around this thread for awhile and although It's not really a spook story, It has eased my mind a bit.
      I took Azure with me to my fellowship meeting because I was in need of some familiar masculine presence (my bf didn't want to go), but also because a friend was curious about him. before service started my Fellowship speaker "J" asked me about him. I have a habit of introducing him as a person, and I did so. She suddenly blinked a bit, smiled and I went to take my seat. Halfway through the service, somethning caught my mind and i looked around. Azure was looking far left and I followed his vision. There was a little girl with a frilly porcilin doll. 'How very strange' I thought. After service I heard "J" saying she noticed the dolls and along with the wordsa "creepy". last week I finally got the nerve to ask her about that and got a surprising answer.
      "I know Spirit energy, Human energy, and I expect cat (church-kitty Tobie) energy. But Doll energy was something I didn't expect and wasn't prepared for. They 'speak' differently and had no filters for them. And there energy was really *hand gestures*"

BTW: if this dosen't fit in the thread, should I try to start a "spiritual speak" thread about this?

3. @LilyLemon -- That's really quite interesting. What else did J say?

4. LilyLemon - I would figure that, rather than having yet another Thread roaming around the Forum, the Mods may just figure that "supernatural" can encompass "spiritual" as well. After all, if "J" said that the dolls were 'speaking' in some way then I (personally) would lump that into the supernatural pile.

Hopefully Azure didn't mind the little girl's doll being there . . . maybe he enjoyed the company? (I wonder what their energy looks like?)

5. Well--I've got two stories, now that I think about it! Both BJD-related, one of them mine, one of them my friend's.

Mine:
      When I was still at home and had my big bed, I would sometimes bring Amser or Noire with me to sleep. Noire's wig was always fine and neat after, but every time I brought Amser... even if he didn't move at all from where I put him, his wig would be a mess in the morning, like bed-head. Might be just because I shifted in my sleep and moved him a tiny bit, buuuut...

Friend's:
      One of my friends VERY VERY recently just got her first BJD. She keeps him on her desk at night, and sometimes when she's trying to get to sleep she'll hear an odd clicking/joints moving noise. When she looks over at him, the noise will stop, but when she looks away it'll start up again. Eerie...

6. I had one just a few nights ago O.o

I normally have both my dolls sleep on my bed with me, but lately I've been kicking the one doll a lot. So I moved them to the floor near my closet where they would sleep on a fluffy blanket and a pillow. Well the day after I did this, I woke up and looked over and realized my doll who had been facing the closet was now facing my bed. I had no recolection of ever moving him and there is no way anything could have happened to make him flip around. It was almost like he was telling me to let him come back to the bed O.o

There was also a time where I had the same doll in the car with me and I looked down and I could have sworn he blinked... but I like to blame that one on a trick of the light ^_^;

7. Lala again, and her shenanigans. Today her sleepy face arrived in the mail. Of course she wore it for a while, and seemed to want to keep it on. When I finally put her open eyes back on, (I prefer to see her beautiful blues....) I set her on the arm of the chair, to fold her sleeping face nicely into it's blanket, and put it away, she on the other hand, rolled off, and when I saw her on the floor, her awake face was off. I think she was trying to tell me she wasn't finished playing with her sleeping face! (Poor little lass, has had her eyes open this whole time after all.) So, I put her sleepy face back on, and she seemed more than content for the rest of the evening. And awfully snuggly. She hasn't even got out of bed yet this morning!!

8. I have a story. I was cleaning my Loretta B&G Lilly one night. I took her out of her clothes and set her in the bathroom. I had placed her hands by her side so she would be more stable, and left the room so I could go get her washcloth. when I got back, her hands had moved. they were covering her nekid body!:) she had this look on her face like she was embarrassed.

9. Something sort of supernaturalish I guess...
      when I first got my girl I got her a grey outfit. The first photoshoot I did with it was on a cloudy and cold day.
      (Note: I live in a very dry and warm place)

Now everytime she wears that grey outfit it gets cloudy and cold exactly like the first photoshoot with it! It's completely weird because it will literally be sunny and bright and then within a couple hours become cloudy.

10. These stories are so creepy! Everyone is freaking me out before my first doll arrives. I don't want any supernatural things happening. >.< I get scared quite easily.

11. I have recently got Ize, my POPOdoll Ivan, and although he's still in a work in progress, I borrowed Azure's clothes to put him in and placed them side by side. I have kips in Azure's elbows, so when I had his left hand holding onto his elbow, it stayed there. I had Ize sitting perfectly straight with his hands together. Then I went to take a shower.
      I come back and find that it looks like the boys had an altercation. Azure's left hand was lowed, his elbow up and Ize was shirking to the side, as if trying to avoid being slapped by the taller doll. I tried to fix them again, only to get nervous energy from Ize. So I had to put Ivy in between them. I find it amusing since she's an msd size.

12. I want to bump this to the top seeing as its so close to Halloween.

13. Not sure if this really can be classified as supernatural or not... I've just ordered my first msd (Luts LE boy Darae). I've been pining over him since he came out... and debating whether I had enough cash to buy him. However, I ran into a few problems, since all three possible sets of eyes I wanted for him were out of stock... and that I couldn't seem to find the right wig. I informed himm (By talking to my computer screen :sweat) that I wouldn't buy him if i couldn't get him as a set.
      A week later... when I looked at the luts site again... the set of eyes and wig I wanted for him... were IN STOCK! It was as if Darae was telling me... 'Buy me! NOW NOW NOW!'
      So I started transferring money to my paypal... And the MOMENT the transaction was over... (Originally, the AUD:USD exchange ration was 1AUD:0.987USD) and the cash was in my paypal... (Yes, that was this morning) the exchange rate became 1AUD:1.007USD. Talk about a kid who wanted me to buy him XD:doh

14. Wow, I am loving this thread :) This isn't exactly supernatural, I'm probably just finding an excuse to join in, but...every single time I undress Li-Xia, her arms snap in front of her as if she is trying to retain her modesty, lol.Her eyes are also dead centre, so she looks likes she's watching me...everywhere I go....

15. amberhawk - I'd probably be the type to believe it was more than just plain old coincidence when both things happen . . . I mean, having the doll set you wanted become available and the change in exchange rate. After all, the exchange rate could have gone a bit the other way after you'd paid.

Homo sapien - Every once in a while I get the itch to join in again on this thread, though nothing out of sorts had happened with my own dolls lately. Which sucks, but leaves me going "hey! I can say that the eye thing is 'creepy doll eye syndrome'!" But yes, that's hardly 'supernatural'.

Then again, it never hurts to double-check with the rest of us here; if you make changes to her eye position, though, and she still 'follows' you, then be sure and let us know! ^_^

16. bump for Halloween! :D

17. Can anyone hum the theme to Twilight ZONE &#8203;[not the other twilight]...

18. Oh my gosh. Lol. Just as I read your comment, Lady Kate, I thought to look Robert up also. I had just moved my Neykon into my lap (Neykon is notorious for looking grumpy, and his character is very anti-social). I opened a new internet tab and started typing "Robert" but realised my keyboard wasn't working. I asked my boyfriend for assistance because he is a computer nerd and can always fix anything, but he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. So, I restarted my computer. THEN, my computer froze halfway through restarting lol thinking of this thread, I suspiciously moved anti-social Neykon off my lap and back onto his shelf, and then restarted the computer again.
      It came back on, my keyboard was fixed and all was well :D Guess Neykon doesn't like being cuddled! LOL :D

19. Fiarene- Or he could be jealous that your looking up another doll. No matter what type.

To answer someone's question I will answer with another story>
      I asked if I could bring all my dolls for someone to meet because she was curious and I find that my fellowship is a good middle ground.
      It turns out that even if I brought them and placed them in the children's room, their energies would still be a bit of an interference. "Think about it this way. You'd be bringing five new people in a counseling group. That's five new energies that have to be dealt with in an already balanced group."
      She thanked me for asking first. And I though about this for awhile. In way their energies are harnessed by my will and and by their wanting to be close to me in more than spirit form. However. This is just my musings. Each of my dolls have a place in my heart, so love is also another energy that ties them to us.

20. Another Lala story~ I'm telling you there have to be thousands. This girl constantly adjusts her head, kicks her feet up in a cute little jig, and moves her arms.

But a super fun one~

Lala is a Realpuki, so she's VERY VERY tiny. I turned an old bandaid case into her travel case, and therefore, she loves to go shopping with me~ And coaxes me to spend all my money of course....

This one day, my mother in law and I were headed out shopping, and she was driving. A classic rock song was on the radio... And she started singing along. I was encouraging her, as she NEVER sings out loud. For what ever reason I got out Lala's box, and opened it up, and I kid you not, it was as if I caught her mid act playing an air guitar, her feet were kicked out in an air jump, and her arms were positioned perfectly for an air guitar. Her head was tilted up and back, and I swear her smile was bigger than anything.

But yeah, she has her own personality, and moves all the time. She reacts to happy things, so much so, that plenty of people have seen it!