1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. I had a really interesting conversation with my fiancee last night. Where i warned him that the Dolls, have souls, and to, given our house, and our spirituality, expect the unexpected. And he really surprised me, in saying that he already knew that, just by looking at the one i want, and that he had ever intention of treating her like a small person.. and not a toy....

Things happen in my house... we're very spiritual, and well.. things happen...there are already, plenty of spirits here...

What brought this up, is ever since i saw her, i have had dreams at night, where i am talking to her, and interacting with her, She has shown me, two other dolls, that i need to get.... all from different companies ( i think. i can't ever seem to remember the male she wants me to find) I saw the Mini, she wants me to get, on a site ( have to dig her up again) but it's been the same little mini, even before i found the doll! i had never seen this little one before....so this has been happening nightly, for two weeks now....every night.... and the few nights before, when i was just idly looking at dolls, after finding one on etsy i kinda liked... i was just.. driven.... until i saw Her.....

2. bump this ! :D

actually this happen to me but not with my doll (i'm still doll-less , he will arrived mid feb though)
      my friend Samantha from canada visit my city for holiday and she bring 2 of her boys
      Marcus : D.O.I Luke No.1 and Mathew : D.O.I Crush No.2

it was weekend when my parents left for a wedding party at the hotel and they will be staying there and come home sunday afternoon , so i decide to do a movie night and Sam agree ... i take all the horror dvd's i got while Sam order some food , after the food come and everything is set Sam put her boy's between us , Marcus was next to me :)

when the movie night rolled nothing happen actually , so few hours later we decide to go to sleep , Sam put both boys on the table at my side (she want to sleep next to the wall so i had to sleep on the opening side) , it was around 1:30 a.m i think and like usual i can't sleep
      so i decide to roll here and there , facing here and there ~
      suddenly i feel like someone staring my back (i was facing the wall that time) then i heard a footstep on the hallway

first i was thinking that's Sarah (a bit of OT : Sarah is a 7years old ghost who been living in my house for a while , my house was originally known as the ghost house ... in my family my mom family tree has this ability or people called it "gift" also "curse" that they can see / sense a ghost ... so from very little kid i can see ghost but i get used to it when i grown up , i became friend with Sarah when we first move there , mom didn't complain anything about me being friend with Sarah because my mom knew Sarah is not a bad spirit) , so i try to ignored it but then i realized something wrong the present didn't feel like Sarah at all , its kinda like "awareness" of present so i decide to turn around and

bump!!

head to head fight with Marcus , i don't know how he fell from the table when Sam already put him in the center so he wont fall i was really surprised and frozen for a while then quickly i lift him up and check if his face up got damage , then i turn on the table lamp and put him back next to Mathew and jokingly said " we haven't know each other so keep the 'sleeping together in the same bed' for next time " along with a giggle

next morning i told Sam what happen and she just laugh while saying " Marcus likes you "

(omg sorry for the long long post and for my bad english :O )

3. My doll Farren has a tendancy to shift her attenion when ever I go to pose her or when I take her out of her box for transport or the off of her self in my book case. Now this on it's own doesn't sound eerie or supernatural the thing that can't be explained away by "oh the movement just shifted her eyes a little." is her attention is always focused. She never has "camelion eyes" or cross eyed, but her eyes are never in the same spot. I used to shift her eyes back to the position I had them in originally but I soon gave up on that after fixing them every single time I took her out for photo shoots.

Another thing that happens with Farren is she shifts. I'll have her standing on a perfectly stable surface and she'll be there for a few minutes then all of a sudden her upper half will shift position, usually in what seems to be a violent manner. And she never falls over when this happens. That is quit a shock since she hooves make it hard to balance her properly normally, however she simply teeters but doesn't fall when her position shifts on it's own. At first I thought that it was just a because I had her strung to tight so I loosened her string and she still shifted

4. My second time posting in this thread. This time about my new Puki. I have just completed my Puki sleeping Pongpong with the idea of making it into a little fox girl using the Puki cat ears. During the quest for names, I had in mind names related to herbs/spices, foremost being Cinnamon, Thyme, Paprika and Mint. For various reasons, I chose Cinnamon. Since she's so small I've brought her to work this week and for the first time...I've fallen asleep at work for 4 days running. I complained about this to my friend who commented that my new Puki was behaving like a sleeping pill. Curious, I googled for natural sleeping remedies. And almost instantly...I found this line "While Catnip makes cats hyper and extremely active, it causes the opposite reaction in human beings. Catnip is part of the mint family, and makes an incredibly tasty hot tea." Mint...cat...sleeping herb...it's all come together. I think she was trying to tell me Cinnamon was the wrong name for her.*_* So...Catnip it is..:sweat

5. I absolutely love this thread. :D

That being said, I've never had any supernatural occurances with my dolls (haunted places, yes) but I was curious if any of you have deliberately taken your dolls to a known haunted location before and what, if any, activity happened with your doll after that.

6. My sister just got her first MSD doll and she sat him in our case next to my MSD boys. Her doll is kind of cocky so she positioned him on the couch with his foot on my nearest doll, Ren's, knee. The next time we looked in the case, Ren was sitting closer to my other doll, just out of range of her doll's foot.

7. Well I guess I've never really had anything extremely supernatural but I've definitely had extremely creepy experiences with dolls throughout my life, including my current bjd, Gabe.
      First experience was with a porcelain doll who's creator, I swear to god, was just a complete troll. The doll's face was a completely blank, almost threatening stare and just remembering the nights where I'd find my eyes playing tricks on me strikes terror in me. I sometimes thought the doll would very very slowly divert her stare over to me, keeping her completely blank expression. Through the years, it's resting place has been in a box buried deep inside the basment.
      My second experience was more of a technical difficulty that made the doll turn out creepy than my own mind messing with me. I had a baby doll that said cute things like, 'hug me momma' or 'mommy I love you' and 'I'm hungie momma' so on and so forth. Well...this thing ran on batteries...only turned off when you'd turned the switch off...and on top of that...was a 90s toy. So when the batteries started dying...my baby doll started sounding like the spawn of the devil. It had a low, slow and deformed way of speaking and when it would say 'I'm hungie momma' in a voice like THAT, I immediately threw that thing down the stairs. LOL. My mom wondered why I suddenly hated this baby doll that I had clinged to for..well...ever and just being a good mom, cleaned her up off the floor and put her away in my closet.......without my knowing. So that night, I sat in terror as that thing kept going off in my closet..like once every hour.
      The third and final experience has to do with my bjd, Gabe. It wasn't so much as my mind playing tricks on me, or obviously a technical difficulty...it quite literally seemed like the supernatural. No ghosts, or poltergiests or anything...just some creepy aura to a specific piece of furniture. One day, I felt like doing a photoshoot in the guest bedroom of our house. Now...in this guest bedroom, we have a mirror that sits right across from the bed. It's big, mysterious and DEFINTELY creepy. The creepiest thing about it was what seemed to happen to Gabe when I took a picture of him looking at his own reflection. His reflection seemed...cynical...or deviant, like it was ready to do something terrible. I even saw it after taking the picture. Call it my imagination or my nerves but there definitely wasn't something right about it.
      So yeah, those are my experiences XD.

8. this could be a sign...or it could be a roomie is messing with you? My roommate and I used to do that actually...she'd come home and Eddie would be drinking her beer and so forth.

9. I don't know if it's supernatural or not but earlier I was taking pictures of Benny...well in the pictures he looked confused. I then looked at him in real life and his expression just kinda looked scared (it was a box opening... I'm sure all dolls are a little nervous when they get their boxes opened for the first time). I'm looking at him now and he looks so content and comfortable! Just like his pictures on the site maybe even a bit more happy. Of course I told my boyfriend... who thinks I'm just a crazy doll lady.:|

10. I absolutely love reading this thread!

11. My own story isn't really spooky but rather sweet, instead xD
      All my dolls and my friend's are characters from one big story we're making and when we had a sleepover just the other day she brought her KDF LE Pine, Yuliya, with her. The elf-eared version of Yuli -the one she brought along- is supposed to be a rather mean-spirited demoness in the story who normally scared Eien, the character of my KDF Bory, to the point of not sleeping. And yet, when we went out with them to go rent a movie my boy was suspiciously glancing in her direction all the time or tilting his head her way no matter how I positioned him. Even later on when we got home and sat with my brother and the dolls to watch the movie, Eien still appeared to be looking at my friend's girl who was positioned in the arm of the armchair on which she was sitting. At this point we decided to have them sit together to watch the movie and so we place my boy behind Yuliya in a way that he's kinda holding her. By the end of the movie both had leaned in opposite directions and turned their heads to look at one another. Deeming them to be too cute we decide to leave them sitting side by side when we go to bed also. In the morning Yuliya had leaned all the way against my Eien's shoulder xD and when my friend got her away from him, to put her away in her bag because she had to go he was looking at her all sad and in dread in a very 'nuuuu, don't take her away from meeee' way. He has a melancholic look on his face ever since > 3<; kinda makes me pity him but they'll meet again... Dolly love at first sight?
      We're currently working on a way to bring them together ICly in the story as well since they seemed to want that so badly. Go figure. > 3>

12. ^ oh god that story sound so cute!

13. I don't know if it's really super natural, but whenever my Arietta (Impldoll Greta) sits with my Husband, she gets this extremely grouchy look on her face! Whenever I take her back though ,she goes back to her normal pout lipped self!

14. @XvPandavX: careful, your doll might be trying to steal your husband!:o

15. When my dolls were on the mantle piece, my mom would switch their heads xD but that's just my mother.... so that's not a "real" one...but I do have a real one!

I had a 70cm/60cm doll couple who at first liked each other and were cute together , they sat on my top shelf together and were "engaged" and had tiny little rings on their wedding fingers.

Over time, they separated from each other, literally...they moved till they were no longer touching. (without me touching them, plus my dogs are the only ones who go into my room.) And one day I went to play with them and their engagement rings had both fallen off. My boy was hard to pose around her and his head wouldn't turn to even look at her.

I got him after her so I thought it was just his sculpt until I got my latest girl in. He is now one of the most cooperative posers and looks beautiful with her. I guess its just chemistry xD

For the ex gf, she has been very resentful and upset looking recently so I've been spending a lot of time with her to try to make her "feel better" x(....poor girl

16. This is more comical then scary; I was doing my piano theory and my doll, Benjamin, was sitting right in front of me. Fairly typical; ever since I got him I've dragged him around the house with me. So I look up to admire him again and look down at his legs. Low and behold his pants some how had unbuttoned themselves and shifted down his legs. Now Benjamin is aged (in my mind) at 7 to 10 years old and he's the only doll I have... I think he just wanted my attention, well he certainly got it :sweat that little prankster....

17. ok bump ~ i have 2 stories of this ~~ :whee:

this happen just the night when i got my first BJD :sweat

that night i was planning to sleep with kou and i did , but since i don't want to accidentally scratch him when i was sleeping i put him at the edge of the bed sitting on the pillow leaning back to the wall (i has a king size bed) he was pretty far away from me but when the morning i woke up i found him laying next to me while like cuddling my arm :sweat i was freak out but i'm glad more since i didn't squeeze him when i was sleeping

then the other one is when saturday last week ~
      my bro going travel so i home alone with my 2 dogs and my kou , i'm planning to stay up late because i don't open my store at sunday :) and it was late already so i turn off the light and watch horror movie in the dark (my dogs was inside but they sleep already xD)
      it was at the middle of the movie when i felt something moving next to me which its impossible because kou is next to me , so i ignored it and keep watching but then i feel like someone touching me ...?
      i was startled right away i turn my head and my heart almost drop as kou change his pose xDD he was originally looking at the TV as well while crossing his arm , but when i turn around his head was looking at me with his hand hugging his body ~~ and the touch i felt is from his finger xD it touch my elbow
      right away i snuggle him because i think he's afraid so i cuddle him right away ... OTL

18. Its not totally super natural...BUT!
      I have an off-topic doll which comes with rooted hair, and me being cheap I decided to color it with sharpie to save the money and effort of having to buy 3 different hair colors. It appears i'm rather clumsy as well, since my poor dollie has a few red/orange marks on her face from transference, and whenever I start washing her face with some nail-polish remover or i clean her forehead with some dishsoap, she always seems to be smiling when her normal expression is more like ":l"

at least she's happy xD

19. Ooh. I have creepy times to share XD anyone familiar with my dolls will know that they're very creepy already, so don't have far to go to become super creepy :)

My dolls all sit together on top of my chest-of-drawers (which is far too small for them, poor things). I arrange them in a very stable way to make sure none of them fall off. Now, as we all know, when you pose dolls their joints creak in a fairly endearing way. I hear my dolls creaking by themselves. Not just once or twice. All the bloody time! I've had to yell at them to shut up (after that, they usually do). It's not just the small creaks you hear maybe as a result of change in temperature or whatever, though my room is kept at the same temperature and it may only change one or two degrees. They creak really loudly and repeatedly, as though their limbs are changing position. I've tried watching them, but of course then, they don't creak!

Another thing: once, my doll Felix winked at me. I'm not even making that up. I saw him wink at me and didn't even think anything of it, I was just like, "oh, you!" It was only later that I thought it was weird that this apparently rigid plastic had managed to wink. I have no idea how it could have happened- I was just looking at him, wondering how a particular outfit would look on him, and I saw him wink. That simple. Rather odd, but considering his character, not that odd at all.

20. WOW! these are so interesting kinda makes me scared and happy at the same time getting my first doll~! Really do think dolls have a spiritual energy ether than ghosts just attract themselves to the dolls maybe because there so realistic? I use to have a bit of a nightmare when i was little of my porcelain dolls turning there heads and looking at me and when i was asleep roaming my house xD I dont think it happened though but not sure why everyone is scared of them moving maybe because they sense something?