1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. These are interesting stories....I don't know if dreams count but last night I didn't get any rested sleep I was tossing and turning all night and in my dream there were two elves one kept scolding the other and saying that she: "Shouldn't be running around Prim." It just felt too real but I couldn't get a good look at them their faces were blurred and all I could make out was their hair. Then it started flashing to the taller elf and a box with two semi smaller boxes and extra's inside. (Think a haul when Emory sends out big orders. Pocky, extra's, all that.)

I don't know what the hell it meant but I get the feeling it means: "There's more then meets the eye." like those two really wanna come home.

Anyways it felt weird but now I know exactly what my girl's name is supposed to be....And it's not Prim, it's Sanya....Prim...She's another one I'm sure.

Anyways that's my weird experience....

2. Florians eyes move. Never when I'm looking at him, but aaalll the time when I'm not. Last night I had him looking to the right, I set him on the shelf, and this morning... Eyes straight forward.

Now, I don't really blame this on supernatural occurrences, so much as it HAS to be his old, icky, eye putty.
      But... Well, we'll see what happens when I replace said eye putty.

3. Yeah, one of my friends had an experience during the half-asleep/ half-awake time where she had a conversation with her blanket, and dreamed that it talked back to her. xD

I haven't had any super creepy experiences with my dolls, except for once in the night when I woke up and jumped a bit because my Bory was staring right at me from my desk. Otherwise they move to funny positions sometimes, but only when they're somewhere they don't normally sit and I didn't bother to pose them solidly enough.

4. I agree with this. through my teens a few days a week I would wake up screaming and run out of my room. The reason for that was because I am dependent on glasses and for some reason I would wake up to see a black blurry thing roaming across my ceiling. I always thought it was a huge spider and didn't even take the time to grab my glasses I just ran to my moms room crying, lol. She would go to my room and say 'There's nothin there!' and get my glasses for me. I put them on and felt like an idiot! Finally one morning last year I looked at the blob and said 'You aren't real!' and it never happened again! :lol:

Back on topic though, my dolls have never done anything 'Super natural'.
      Of course they look really alive sometimes, but that's what's so cool about them!
      I did have a bad experience with antique dolls though. There was this antique store that had a whole wall of them. They were covered in cobwebs and some were in a glass case. They looked so weathered and I just had the worst feeling. I was so scared to go near them, I had goosebumps! I finally just left the store it was way too eerie for me!

5. I wouldn't say supernatural. It's as if my dolls have personalities of their own though. Natale never agrees to pose. Since I bought him, he's stood once. He will now always fight and protest. His arms always want to fold over his chest. He's entirely non-conformist. This is a stringing issue and nothing weird.
      Mina however is a perfect poser. She loves photographs and costumes and alternative dress and despite this, if she's near another doll she tends to end up over time, leaning towards the other. I'm not quite sure why this happens. She's perfectly strung and seems to glow.
      Elina... has a quirk to one leg. It sticks to one side at the knee. So instead of sitting legs together, she'll sit with one leg at an angle outwards and the other straight as it should be. She's an older AngelRegion girl, so she doesn't have the poseability in her legs to make this naturally possible that the current KDF bodies have. It's not really explainable either.

6. Listen to this. I had a vivid dream about my two boys, (HZ Wang-Ye, AoD Jiasha), the only BJDs that I currently own, and it was one of those that start out nice, then end up incredibly ugly. My family and I were at this Victorian/Spiritual antique shop, and I found a large water globe that contained a mother dragon with its young which just so happened to actually move. I went and bought it without wondering how and why and placed it beside me on my bed. Well, Edgar, (Jiasha, second boy) was sitting there next to me and all of a sudden he placed his hand on me which freaked me the hell out, until he raised his hand in the direction of the globe. It was shattered. This is where it got ugly. The whole house grew dark and cold, things moved around and what really got me, Jeremy, (Wang-Ye), appeared to be possessed. His face became a living nightmare, (no pawn intended) and he followed me downstairs and began hurling things at me. And GUESS who was there by my bedside when I snapped open my eyes? Yep, Edgar. So far every dream I have had of Jeremy has been horrible, but Eddy is always there as innocent as ever. Sad thing is, I was actually considering to sell him up until I had these dreams. To make things even stranger, he's so far, kicked Jeremy and headbutted Jeremy. My take on it all? Jealousy.

Jeremy and Edgar are based off of my OCs; both heroes, and kind souls. So it doesn't make much sense why Jeremy would be acting like the "bad" guy. XD There have been times where he would come up shrouded in colorful auras in pictures. Although, colorful auras are positive energy, right? Will show those when I get the chance.

UPDATE: The name Edgar literally means protector of the good. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

7. I guess I can post the dream I had this morning here.

I'm waiting on a doll in the mail and I'm really anxious so Ive been having dreams about her.
      In my dream she was finally here and I opened the box and was horrified!
      She was as thin as a marker and was so tiny! D:
      I kept telling myself, "Oh don't worry, your eyes will adjust and she'll grow."

What the heck? :XD:

8. I'm actually - finally - coming into this thread with a story... maybe. It's probably nothing, but whenever I've had my DM Kid, Emma out with me while I'm on the TV or something, something always makes me dart my eyes over to her, particularly her feet.

It's kind of weird, and probably the TV reflecting more vividly at some points, rather than others, but I always think her foot moves up or down.

I haven't noticed this until recently, and more or less, I think my eyes are just playing tricks on me.

I've felt the bed shaking on a few occasions when I've woken up during the night. Sometimes, it was because something was actually moving it (it wasn't anything supernatural). However, there were one or two times where I had no idea what it was. I was too sleepy to care, though, and if I did, my light switch was right next to me.

9. Mines not so much a creepy story or anything, just odd.

So I had taken Oliver over to a friend's house and when I came home I didn't unpack him. I had left him in the bag for a few weeks. I'm not sure why, he's normally out where I can see him. I think I was just super busy and not paying attention to him and forgot he was in there.

anyways, for the whole 2 weeks he was in the bag I was sleeping really bad and having nightmares. Something I normally never do or have. I decided to take him out of the bag and put him back on his shelf and suddenly the bad dreams went away and I was sleeping just fine again. I didn't connect the two until many days after I'd put him back on his shelf.

Needless to say I never stuff Oliver in anything anymore. and if I have to I always take him out again cause I don't think he liked that at all!

I get this all the time!! Like several times a week! I hate the falling feeling and the Hypnic Jerk! It's really scary sometimes.

The worst time was when I woke up but was still all paralyzed and heard loud crashes and bangs and I thought someone had broken into the house and I wanted to get up and check it out but I couldn't and I kept thinking someone could come in my room and kill me and I couldn't even fight back. It was scary. But then it went away and no one was in the house. I got some water and went back to bed! LOL :doh

wish there was some way to make it stop. Once in a while I can deal with but all the time sucks. I try not to be as scared as I was when I was a kid cause at least now I know what it is now!

10. I love this. Once I saw my Msd Asami, who is a hujoo dana. I placed her on my dresser, and then my two pullips next to her, and i swore i watched her shove them away. I really dont think it was stringing issues.. lol... Whenever she is by them she looks grumpy...

11. I don't know if this counts, but no matter how I turn my doll or her head, her eyes seem to stare at me.

12. Mogori - It sounds like you and your doll are suffering from what is often called "creepy doll eye syndrome", where their eyes are placed so freakishly spot on forward that they seem to follow you wherever you go. If you play around with the placement of her eyes and still see her staring at you, then you can start to worry. ^_-

13. Not supernatural but good luck bordelining the supernatural.

My grail doll has for years been Volks Ryoya Konoe. I have always felt he was always going to be one of those dream dolls I was never going to own. One day I just woke up saying to myself that to hell with this, I am getting my Ryoya no matter what!
      After I made that decision all just fell into place without much effort at all. First of all I took a loan (no matter what right?).
      I managed to get his body off of Mandarake, found his outfit on Ebay and his head on the Marketplace.
      I was looking through the discussion thread about Volks' newest Dolpa when I saw one member saying she didn't have enough money to get the new Shiro or Yukinojo because she just spent it all on a Ryoya and was thinking about doing the unimaginable. Directly after I read that I put out a WTB. When I woke up the next day that same member had answered my thread.
      In a matter of two-three weeks I managed to get a fullset Ryoya Konoe, the doll of my dreams. He is sitting here right next to me and I cannot believe the luck I've had with him. And yes... he was worth spending thousands of dollars on even though I never thought I would do something like that. I am happily paying off my debt while patting his perfect little head. :)

14. That can happen if the doll's head is always facing head-on. If you move the eyes, or the head to be looking up, down - even cross-eyed - you might not get that happening.

That's how a lot of people think that pictures are watching you when you move around. They're all facing forward, and their heads aren't turned to the side.

15. I didn't bother reading these stories til a strange incident I noticed yesterday.

3 nights ago, I opened my doll wardrobe to check up on Lily, her hands were placed on her lap but I thought she might like to hold a stuffed rabbit so I tucked it securely in her arms. Then went to bed.

Yesterday I opened the wardrobe to check up on her and I froze for a good minute. The stuffed rabbit was sitting and leaning against one of her furnitures about 6inches away.. and Lily's arms were on her lap, just like before I put the rabbit in her arms. It's as if the rabbit was never placed in her arms in the first place.

I told myself it was probably my sister who might have touched it, but when I told her today she got creeped out because it wasn't her. No one touched the doll.

Now my question is... was it the stuffed bunny or was it my doll, Lily? :lol: Either way, one of them didn't like each other I'm guessing.

16. I have awful dreams like that all the time. Mostly it involves me somehow ruining my dolls, or going to see my dolls only to find something else has ruined them.

#96 Xuchilpaba, May 25, 2012
      Last edited: May 21, 2022
    17. Lily may have simply decided she was done snuggling! Goodness knows my godson does. He'll take his trains to bed and snuggle them, until he's ready to sleep.

18. Just recently got back from a convention where I adopted a new dolly, my first 1/6 boy. I have yet to name him at the moment. Anyway, after I first got him, my friends commented that he had a creepy face, and it was essentially a creepy doll staring straight ahead and soulless kinda face. As is my usual, I safely tucked him in with my other dollies on my bed and slept like that. It's now been about four days, and when I look at his face now, he seems very happy and smiling and not soulless. Just thought it was kind of cute that his little face has changed.

19. ooh. I'm afraid o move her eyes tho ;u;

20. My doll Atla actually would dive off the shelf above my bed at collage and I'd wake up with him on top of me. He was always on there a way where he would not fall with out a firm knock to him and it was just me and my room mate in the room and she never touched my doll. Though weird shit kept happening in our dorm room like doors opening and closing.

Another thing he does is throw fits. If I've been ignoring him or he's not happy he'll stop be cooperative. For example when my ex wanted to see him he would not sit, stand, or do any pose she wanted him to. He will also fight when I put clothing on him that he doesn't like.