1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural Doll Stories

Jul 7, 2011

1. I finally got Sonia today and, while I was taking pictures, I gave her the teddy bear and plush tiger I'd been saving for her to hold. I took them away for a few moments to adjust her hair and lay her down for a moment and when I looked back, her eyes seemed really shiny, as though she was ready to cry. I set the bear next to her head and her eyes went back to normal. Every time I've moved her and she hasn't been holding the bear, she looks like she's going to cry. I think she's lonely for her fiance, poor dear.

2. I've been lurking forever but really don't have much to post... xD but aw brennalarose your girl reminds me of my KDF Bory, Eien. My best friend sewed him and his brother a pair of plush bunnies as christmas presents for last year... and he always seems to glare at me when I try to take his bunny away. His brother likes his bunny also but he never glares at me like that >__>;

3. While not very creepy, I guess you can say that what happened was a bit coincidental and slightly bordering on supernatural.

At a previous doll meet, one of our group members brought her Migidoll Ryu hybrid with her, said Ryu having jointed hands. I was playing around and fiddling with the fingers, when I accidentally elbowed his leg. He fell face-first on the table surface! :o I freaked out considering that it was someone else's doll, and when we propped him back up, his wig slid a bit so that his bangs covered part of his face, and it looked as though he was giving me a death glare/evil eye :sweat Not only that, but he also gave me the middle finger. (I'm so sorry Lin! I didn't mean to!)

4. I wish I had seen this thread long ago! I loved reading all the stories and peoples experiences! It's creepy and amazing at the same time. I've always had "supernatural" things going on around me so it didn't freak me out when one night I swear on my life I looked at my first few dolls and saw them blinking and mouths moving like they were talking to each other. I was a bit spooked and was all "I need more sleep" but it was nothing new. Now, this is part kind of explains a lot, I have schizophrenia so I think that's a lot of what I see, my own brain playing tricks on me. Since then I've just given my dolls the names and looks and personality of my hallucinations and they seem much happier and don't bother me as much. It's like they can play with each other now or something. It's weird to see my babies with these scary faces but see them smiling and happy, not all evil and arggh as I see them outside the shell. I'd like to read even more stories though! They are fun and I love reading what other people experience! Even though mine may be more psychological there are still some paranormal or supernatural attributes about it. Hope to read more stories in the future!

5. I don't really know if this is considered supernatural, but...

My little girl, Gwendolyn, is sitting here on the bed between my mom and I. About twenty minutes ago, my mom had sat down on the bed, and the movement made Gwendolyn fall to her side. When I sat her back up, she had her arms crossed over her chest and this annoyed expression on her face. xD

Just right now my mom was posing her randomly, and I looked at Gwendolyn, noticing that she didn't have that annoyed expression anymore. She's in a good mood now, haha. ;)

6. My boy's been looking like he's ready to cry since I took him away from his tent...No seriously I can't even get his head to stay up. Poor dear's getting room made for that tent of his tomorrow and then he can play in it as long as he wishes...It'll keep him safe from grabby hands of guests.

7. It might have been a trick of the light, but when I tried to do a photoshoot with my girl posing her in a way she didn't like at all (looking a bit "under the weather" - the OC she is shelling hates being caught in a moment of weakness and will keep the cool facade up at all costs), she looked natural IRL, but in the pictures she was downright glaring at me, no matter how her head was turned. (I would have attributed it to the flash, but I took some without flash too and it didn't make a difference.)

8. I actually don't believe in the 'supernatural' but I DO believe in the reality of the weirdness that can be called ghosts or spirits - I figure quantum physics will explain all LOL AND the explanation may very well admit the reality of the existence of some kind of ghost (we DON'T know everything). So saying that these phenomena aren't significant just because there's a possible scientific explanation really says NADA to me.
      For instance, the doll that had been turned off but told the mom 'I'm sick' causing that mom to check on her child who WAS sick - yes of course physics/science can explain that faulty wiring could cause the doll to talk despite being turned off - but WHY did that happen right then? That is the million dollar question certain 'skeptics' like to ignore by saying 'coincidence' & brushing it off.
      I've got quite a few BJDs now & really haven't had much 'spookiness' happen, but the feeling in my house has changed (for the better LOL) My cats don't seem to jump at the corners too much anymore! Harry likes to lay in Jason (my Limwha Mano's) lap & once I looked up hearing him purr & Jason's hand, which had been on his guitar, was now on Harry's head - very sweet however that happened! I've other dolls sitting on what are cat beds (Jason's on a wood shelf that's been made into a bench so not comfy) - but neither of the cats lay on the cat beds in those dolls' laps. Go figure...

9. bumping for more stories :lol:

10. this is really creeping me out ಠ_ಠ
      neat stories though.

11. I'Ve got another one. When I got back from Dolliverse I sat the girls I'd taken with me back on their shelf thingy and even though they were posed the exact same way as always joints-wise, Chris looked ultra exhausted for a day or two :lol: So after a few days I had her lie down on the doll bed and when I picked her up for sewing the day after that, and sat her on the shelf again like I had after Dolliverse, she looked her usual self again.
      I've noticed even though I try to play with all of them alike and rotate sewing dummy duty so no one gets left out, it's only Christine who really "changes".

12. These stories are so fascinating... I've always believed in the supernatural, though to be honest, I want nothing to do with it... The idea of spirits, ghosts, and demons really unnerves me due to some personal experiences... and yet at the same time, I can't help but be slightly interested when I come across things like this online.

I personally have not had anything really creepy happen since my first boy, Elias, arrived... In fact, I feel safer and happier having him around. He really loves me and I really love him, so I know he would never do anything to hurt me. Even though he definitely has a presence, it doesn't make me uncomfortable at all... It's like, there's a little piece of me in him, so even though he's got his own personality, we're on the same wavelength. This is the type of relationship I hope to develop with all of my future dolls, too.

Though I do have dreams about getting Elias's boyfriend quite often. XD He's very lonely... I-It's just a matter of money; I'll get him soon. ;_;

It's a little off-topic, but I can talk a little about my experiences with other dolls in the past. I was actually terrified of dolls throughout most of my childhood; at first, I was fine, but as I got older, they started to make me more and more uneasy. I had two porcelain dolls in my room that my parents had given me before, and there were a couple other dolls set up around the house... My fear of them grew to the point where I felt threatened by the porcelain dolls in my room, and I would never want to get up to use the bathroom at night because I would see them (they sat on a shelf that was above my bed, so I couldn't see them when I was lying down). It got to the point where I had to have my parents put all of the dolls in the house away; they had to hide them somewhere I didn't know of, because if I knew where they were, I would imagine them leaving their hiding spot to come get me. After that, though, I would always feel really anxious when I sat at the computer in my mom's study... I would feel like something was watching me from behind... and one day I found that those two porcelain dolls were sitting in the closet in the back of the room.

Not strictly supernatural, but... Since I believe in that sort of stuff, it really unnerved me. I can't recall ever feeling vibes that hostile from anything else in my life... mainly just those two porcelain dolls (the other ones just creeped me out by association).

With BJDs, though, I have no problem. :D I've learned a lot more about controlling my spiritual energy since I was a little kid (if you believe in that sort of stuff), and I only pour good mojo into my boy, so he gives me good mojo in turn. :)

13. Bumping this back up for more stories.

One little thing I can add that isn't very supernatural but I've noticed is very consistent; whenever my girl, Metta, meets someone new her wig will slip until the bangs cover her eyes.

14. Fun things; my best friend finally managed to buy her boy's body which arrived to my house jay the other day, was properly restrung, the ring holding his strings together replaced with an S hook and his head successfully placed on top. For starters I have never seen my boy, C -and said boy's husband- looking quite as cheerful and content. As for Patrick, he looked kind of shy for a little while but only until he was put in a jacket and a pair of pants I made for him. xD I suppose he wanted to look presentable for his hubby? x3; Ever since then he has an adorable kind of smile plastered on his face and it makes me very happy I get to keep them with me for now!

15. And yet another one! Usually it's Chris doing stuff by herself, but this time it was Lauren. Here's what happened just now: I was trying to pose the two like they were talking, but they just didn't "click", if you know what I mean. So I fiddled with Lauren's head and felt it move by itself (that was probably the elastic catching and doing its job). The fun part is that the head stopped moving in the exact position needed to make it look like she was in fact talking to Chris (instead of, for instance, snapping all the way down). Looks like she knew what to do without my "help" (she'd probably call it "interference" :lol:).

16. bumping this back up since Halloween is coming.

I always read these with my girl, Metta, but for some reason when I do DoA logs me out in between each page. Only on this thread, though. If I'm not reading this thread and looking through the rest of the forum it doesn't happen. Maybe Metta doesn't like me reading these stories.
      She also barely ever stands easily, due to tight stringing, but when I make her stand around my friends and their dolls, she stands with no fuss. I think she likes showing off. ¬.¬

I just got logged out again as I tried to post this.

17. So many creepy porcelain dolls mentioned lol. Honestly I think they're just bitter because they can't move and never get played with? Jk I don't actually believe in anything until I see it for myself, and I've never had anything paranormal happen to me. However, when I was 10 I bought a porcelain doll for myself, I saved up for a very long time. She was so beautiful, looked like European royalty. She had this tiny little half smile, which I found so charming. When I stood her in her spot on my shelf, I noticed that smile actually looked more like a smirk. Like she was unhappy or something. The longer she stayed, the more I started to feel like she honestly didn't like me. I remember crying because I didn't want a lecture about wasting money and "I told you so" from my mom. But I didn't want to keep the doll either. She just freaked me out so much! Doesn't help that the pale porcelain glows in the dark. My adult mind tells me that it was just my mind playing tricks, and that buyer's remorse made me see her smile as a smirk instead or something like that. I did get rid of her eventually, after years of nightmares.

18. Oh wow this thread is cool.

Now, I haven't had anything serious with my dolls yet, but I'm an animist, and a taxidermist, and every single one of my 'dead animal friends' has a distinct personality. Most of my art projects get a little bit of an energy charge from me, but occassionally I get characters that pretty much steamroll me into making them a reality.

I wouldn't necessarily call the 'spirits' in most of my dead animal friends actual souls, but they've definitely got a residual spiritual energy, which varies quite distinctly between species as well as individuals, or even the different parts of the same animals. When I get a new piece, they are usually rather standoffish towards me, and raw animal carcasses (that have been trapped/hunted especially) are often rather hostile, but I've been amazed that overtime as I work with them they often become rather attached and friendly to me as I show them respect and work with them. Some of my dead animal friends have been friendly from the beginning, while others have acted on their malice.

Inorganic/inanimate objects can also gain personalites and/or absorb energy. Be very careful in general though, although most spirits are neutral or even good, there are a few malicious ones who can be greedy or selfish, and then there are the tricksters.

19. Vincent is my first bjd. When he arrived I was doing the normal box opening pics and finally got him dressed. I went to take a pic of him and he looked so grumpy. Not even thinking I asked him if he would please smile for the camera. He is always so moody when I take his pic. Im also having a hard time with Fawn. It may be the fact that she hated her outfits...but she always looks unhappy.

20. Ho man these are some creepy stories XD.
      Brings about my actual fear of dolls again! Ha, but no seriously I haven't had any actual movement experiences thank god but I've had very creepy experiences that give you the feeling of being unsure with yourself. Like if you've just witness something creepy or if it's all in your head.
      Typically I sleep with a soft light plugged in to the darker side of my room because of my lovely phobia of things lingering in dark places. Sometimes I like to place my dolls atop these speakers that are about a foot or two tall off my floor and about thirty feet away from the light. I had positioned my second boy, Vice, standing tall and looking forward one night. Well when it came to be that time of night where I turn everything off and start getting ready to go to sleep, I start feeling a tad paranoid. This is because I can see the top of Vice's head from my bed. I do not know if this was the trick of the mind or what may of actually happened but I swear one time looking back at him, I saw his head positioned and looking towards the corner of light and stay this way. Most likely this was simply a trick of the mind just like looking at faces at night tends to morph them but this doesn't make it any less creepy XD.