1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supia Girls Discussion Thread Part IX

Feb 21, 2021

1. I have been hemming and hawing which body to get a Hael on and I think I want to do a 65cm body for her. That being said, what are some pros and cons to watch out for with the body? I am not terribly concerned about clothes, but more about posing and aesthetics.

2. I love the 65 body and use it for many of my hybrids. Posing is my priority and I think this is the major pro. I also love the graceful hand position, the bust is pretty and the potential for shrugging shoulders.

Cons: the upper body often wants to tilt below the bust and sometimes the elbow bends back due to the wonderfully poseable elbows. Also the hips and rear are larger than most 62-65cm girls so I use stretch pants/shirts or Dollshe 26F bottoms.

3. That's super helpful thank you, I assume it's a similar case to my Iplehouse and Impldoll girls so I wasn't too worried about big hips.

4. I've had all of Supia bodies and in my opinion, the 60cm double joint is the best for posing. I sold my 65cm body in the end as I preferred the 60cm one.

5. I think I'm going to get my first resin 1/3 girl, and I love so many Supia sculpts! I'm thinking of getting Sarah, but I'm not sure whether to get the DJ 60 or ballerina. It seems to be personal preference, as some people are strongly for/against one or the other. Just makes it harder to decide lol!

I'm also trying to decide skin tone *_* I like Milk Brown and Light Rose Brown. I haven't seen any pictures besides on the Supia site of Light Rose Brown, so if you have one, please share! <3

6. I believe on Supia's Instagram they have more resin comparison with those tones.

7. That's helpful to know as well, thanks!

8. The Ballerina body is absolutely beautiful, but it can be awkward to get it into sitting poses, I keep my girl on a stand because I sometimes struggle to get her to hold a sitting down pose. I also have the double joint and I much prefer that one for posing, but both are super beautiful aesthetically

9. I’ve seen that the ballerina body tends to need restringing or sueding, both of which I have never done and makes me nervous! I believe I saw the ballerina body also has wider hips too, I suppose if that’s harder to find clothes for.

10. It is a smaller selection of items for clothes but there can be workarounds.

11. I've sueded mine and it does help a lot. I will take comparison photos later of both bodies for you, the hips are wider and has bigger butt :XD: so it's bottoms that are harder to find, however I find a lot of dresses that are not tight fitting work

12. Thank you so much! I would really appreciate that!! I did find some comparison of the bodies on the IG, but it was only from the front. I couldn't find any comparisons of the bust size.

I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago actually and got a Sarah in Light Rose Brown on the ballerina body. :whee: I wouldn't mind still seeing the comparison though, in case I fall in love when she's here and want a second one lol...

13. Oooh congratulations! You will love her and I'm sure you will want more :XD: I have three so far and one on order :sweat

Here are the comparison photos, NS Rosy is Ballerina and Tan Rosy is 60cm double joint.

Note I've added spoiler covers so just click them to view (some people may not want to see naked dolls lol)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

14. Also, while I took those photos I took some showing the "quirk" or "trick" to getting the Ballerina body to sit. Hopefully this is helpful <3

[​IMG]

When you bring the legs forward, make sure the elastic goes in between these "grooves?" (Not sure on the word lol)
      [​IMG]

The legs have this indent that you need to bring the legs froward more and lock it into position, see next photo to see what I mean

[​IMG]

Doesn't look the most aesthetically pleasing but this is how to get the body to hold a sitting pose

[​IMG]

Also, tilt the torso forward to stop her falling back. I put some low temp hot glue suede on this joint to help hold it in this position

[​IMG]
      Thin layer of hot glue (low temperature glue gun) around this joint

#414 eihpos29, May 27, 2023
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
    15. @eihpos29

Thank you so much for the photos and help! You can really see the differences in your pics, and it actually surprised me how different they look in the torso area. Since I was having a hard time deciding on skin tone, I'm sure I'll want to try out the DJ body next with either Sweet Blue or Milk Brown :XD: I SUPER appreciate the sitting tutorial with photos, and the sueding. tysm

I'll make sure to post pics of her when she arrives. 90 days will be horrendous to sit through but she'll be worth it!!

16. You're welcome! Ooh I'd love to see the blue resin, it's quite new so I've not seen any owner photos yet.

Can't wait to see your girl :love

17. Got my beige 65cm Hamin with smoky makeup & added face paint today! :)
      I keep her in the "elf ears" as she's now my 70's hippie elf.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#417 susieagent99, Jun 3, 2023
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2023
    18. Adorable!

19. She is so super cute! I love the style and expression with all your elements.

20. wondering if anyone has a supia in rose brown? Is it a new color released this year?