1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supia Girls Discussion Thread Part IX

Feb 21, 2021

1. @krystina ; Shoes that fit Iplehouse dolls should fit Supia dolls. Their foot is 6.6 cm long and 2.7 cm wide. Look for shoes that tell you interior dimensions. Even still, mine's been wearing these shoes which are only supposedly 2.5 wide interior. Sure they're a little tight at the toes, but not that bad. They have good ankle movement and are able to wear low heels without the heeled foot quite easily.

2. Thank you for the measurements and recommendations :XD: I love the teal pair, I might just have to get those :chibi

3. Yah, I know, I have them in my cart, LOL @krystina I have a fancy t-shirt I'm supposed to make for myself and if I made an outfit for the doll with leftovers, those shoes could be awesome with it :D

4. Hi Everyone.

I hope it's okay to ask this here, but is there a reference for the Supia Makeup and differences between double joint and ballerina bodies?? I've been searching around and haven't been able to find anything. (Honestly I think my searches are just failing me)

I was originally thinking of getting a Ringdoll for my first full doll, but I've recently discovered Supia and have started to completely fall in love with Hael's face and thinking of purchasing her instead.

Thanks! :chibi

5. Well, I can say Supia's double jointed body is very cute, I have two, but they are hard for me to stand or pose. The ballerina body is lovely, but has wide hips, making clothing a little harder to find for her ; mostly jeans and slacks. Oh wait though, I forgot I was able to fit GlamoriaDollClothes jeans made for Feeple65 on my ballerina body well. She does lean back when I try to sit her with her joints sitting evenly in their spots, but when you push the joints forward, it works out very nicely, but I don't think she is the best sloucher. And there is no such thing as the perfect body either. I've had expensive bodies and cheap bodies and even the cheap ones will sometimes give the expensive bodies a run for their money and pose beautifully. But the DJ body, though I think it's so pretty on my girls, is too much of a pain to control for me :) I'd kind of stay away.

If you flip through the pages, you can see I put on a pair of American Girl shorts that ended up fitting super well! who woulda known?

Also, these jeans were made for Iplehouse SID but the waist was far too wide for my SID, but the pants fit really well on my Supia Ballerina body. :) I had to show a picture!!!

[​IMG]

6. Thank you so much! That's very informative.

I do a lot of art and would love to be able to pose her like I do the girls in my drawings. I would love to be able to photographer her.

I've been really considering the ballerina body. That's really cool about American Girl clothes. My kids have a lot of 18" dolls like the American girls... Possibilities. Lol

7. Beware, it was only those shorts that I had, I haven't tried anything else from American Girls :D @Sylvanfire

8. Lol... noted! I figured when I get her I'll just raid my kids doll bin and try them. :lol: Totally worth it.

9. You can see the makeup types on Supiadolls website, they don’t list all of them I don’t think but quite a few like Normal Makeup B, Diva makeup, Black Swan makeup and Smokey makeup just to name a few. I’m more partial to Hael in Smokey myself- do glamorous and mysterious. Kind of regretting I got her head blank now lol. You can see some of the bodies in comparison on their website too and I think on their Instagram.

10. Omg I didn't even think to look for their Instagram. That makes total sense.

I've been totally leaning towards Smokey makeup. I figured I'd buy my first done up then try my hand at doing it myself for subsequent dolls. (Because like every hobby I get into I can't just do one! Lol)

11. @Sylvanfire you might want to consider splurging for a second head, or buying one off the market place for practice. I kind of lean toward splurging for a nice head because usually the details are better and you won't have to invent details to make the head look good, which is much harder to do :D Of course if you are an artist, molds with less detail might be a great canvas

12. Ooooo that's a great idea. I'm buying the first one as a gift to myself for paying of all my debt. So getting an extra head to practice painting would be totally reasonable.

Thank you for the suggestion.

13. I'm good at spending money, LOL.

14. Okay.... New question! Have you bought clothes for your dolls on Supia, or did you get stuff off of Etsy.

I'm seriously debating on sewing some fun stuff when I get her, but I figured I should have an outfit to get her started with.
      I will take any and all suggestions :) Making myself a list/wishlist lol.

15. I got most of my things from etsy or Alice's collection. Beware wide hips though :) My best guess at Alice's would be to go for SD tops and SD16 bottoms that either stretch or are skirts with flare.@Sylvanfire But of course if they have anything you'd like at Supia, it should arrive with your doll.

16. Awesome. Thank you again so much! You've been a ton of help!

17. Ooh, our very own TatterPunk has some dresses up on etsy, I love her work but have yet to purchase anything. Love her style so much :D

18. Those are amazing! I will need to bookmark that as well!! :chibi

19. Oh, and Alice's collection has a lot of clothes you can have custom sized for your doll. Make sure you give them every relevant measurement though so it doesn't end up too tight, like in the thigh, or arms or somewhere :)

20. That's really cool! I didn't think that was an option.
      I could spend so much money on all the cute outfits. OMG lol