1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supia Tanned Roda and Rosy

Oct 14, 2006

1. Have you considered a Limhwa? Dollyholic/Catrina sells those, too, and they're also exquisitely beautiful & about the same price - PLUS they now come tanned (!!!! this is VERY new) AND they're just doing an ordering period!

2. Limhwas are lovely but not as much to my taste as the Supias. I don't care for the hands on the Half-elf, although I love her face sculpt, she's probably the only one I'd get. I have to work on getting past those hands... But I have enough dolls to keep me occupied for now, so I'll probably just wait and get another Supia.

3. I can understand that.

Here's my brand new Supia Roda (tanned), Aliyah Rukhmini Devi (which is supposed to mean something like "the superlative beautiful goddess hung with jewels") in her first outfit, yellow silk brocade sari w/matching aladdin slippers, aquamarine/seed pearl/turquoise jewelry.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I admit I'd figured from the Supia site photos she'd be a sexpot; but Ali has little plump cheeks & with those big brown eyes, she looks more like an imp than a siren!

Just for the record, & FYI for all: Supias & Limhwas can wear the same size shoes. But they can't wear the same size clothes. Limhwas are a tad more robust & curvaceous than the Supias, who are built along more gracile lines, altho technically their measurements & height are almost identical. Ali can fit into Bella the Limhwa's clothes, & they're a bit loose on her; Bella can't fit into Ali's if they're at all fitted: the Limhwa bosom is just a skosh too big, ditto the hips. Bella also seems to weigh about 2 lbs more than Ali does, for some reason. Finally, an 8/9 wig fits Ali, but is a tad loose, while it's a tad tight on Bella. Go figure.

4. winternight: yeah, I've got a tanned rosy, and I say she's well worth the wait! She's beaaautiful

5. I just got my beige urethane Roda, and I have to say I'm so much more pleased with her than I thought I'd be, considering I wanted the French Resin... at least I know she won't turn yellow soon, too. The urethane is really a creamy, very pale color and I love it. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything in getting the urethane over the resin, even though there's no luminosity like you get with the resin. I have other resin dolls and I'm more familiar with that than the urethane, but I actually think I prefer the urethane now.

I thought a lot about getting BW, too, but I'm completely pleased with my decision for the beige. I think she's gonna be gorgeous when I'm done with her...:aheartbea

The only part I dislike are her feet. The rest of the body is sculpted with great attention and care, including the ears which are usually haphazardly sculpted by many artists. The feet look like they were an afterthought. They are broad and flat and really unbecoming to the rest of her. Other than that, this is a spectacular doll, and as you can see, I'm overly picky!:roll:

6. You know winternight, I half think that the feet are that way because they needed to be really sturdy for standing.
      I am glad you are pleased with your urethane girl, I know I am with mine.

7. i receive my roda yesterday ^___^
      unfortunally with a broken finger but Catrina from Dollfair gently asked to supia for a new hand , thank you Catrina ^_____^

here a lil pic of her , she have no make up yet but wanted to show her here to thx dollfair !

[​IMG]

8. It seems I'm too late! :'( I'm in love with the tanned Rosy, but looks like ordering for that it done for now...argh. Curses! I'm going to be eyeballing the forums now obsessively until the option's open again. ;)

9. I'm also got my ROsy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

She is fantastic! Real lady!:fangirl:
      And so sexy.:roll:
      I love her so!!!:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea

Thank you Supia and Catrina for this doll!!!!!
      Really very very happy with!!!!

I love her face and body.

And i'm also stading to make her stand up:roll: But i bought a stand from dollmore so it's not a problem :)

I make fotos later;)

10. [​IMG]

My Roda&Dreaming Roda~~~

11. here ! she's finished : had a make up , have been dressed ^^
      thank you Catrina ! i love that doll *o*

[​IMG]

12. I have to agree with Winternight: my first take (and my most recent, & all those in between) was that the feet look like GUY'S feet: they're long, rather bony/tendony, with what my mother used to designate as 'hammer' toes, like guys tend to have more than girls, for some reason. They're just ... not sculpted like female feet; or if they are, they're the ugliest female feet I've seen yet. Frankly, if I get some extra $$ to waste, I'm going to get her some decent ones I like better. These are pretty awful, & out of keeping with the rest of her.

I've also got to say, she's got the same amazing bosom as her Limhwa cousin: that is, you don't exactly sew for it, because making a covering to fit snugly (we're talking fairly fitted bodices here) involves less sewing skills than it does engineering abilities!

Here she is, "dancing" in her new salwar kameez outfit.
      [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

Such a pretty girl, if I, her own dollymom, do say so myself!

13. Well, the one saving grace is that in my case, her feet will have shoes, so I won't be spending much time looking at them. ;) And she really is so spectacular otherwise! I won't bother changing them out. I'm in love with my girl... and her hands are lovely, which is always a big thing for me since those I do see all the time. :lol:

14. And my Rosy. I find some time to make a few fotos and share to you it now. I hope you like her. :roll:

[​IMG]

15. Very pretty cat777, great faceup.

16. Extremely. Now I gotta get me a Rosy. LOL - poor Brandon! He's gonna have a harem! He's already flummoxed at having two (Bella the Limhwa & Aliyah the Supia Roda); how on earth will he be able to cope with three gorgeous wimmin?

17. Oh gosh! I think tan Rosies are so beautiful! Anyone know when the next ordering time will be?

18. OMG,

WOW is all I could say, I love her!

Everything goes perfectly with her skin tone.

Evelyn:D

19. Oh! I like tanned Rosy so much! I wanted her to be my first SD girl. It's so pity that it's not available now...

20. Where is everybody? How come this thread is so quiet these days??? In the meantime, I'm sending some Rodaspam to wake you all up! :lol: This is my girl...

[​IMG]