1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Supia Tanned Roda and Rosy

Oct 14, 2006

1. That's exactly what happened to me. I was content with my mini girls and tinies until I found Rosy and that was it. I changed my mindset overnight. I always tried to keep to the smaller dolls because of space, but, she convinced me to take the leap and see how it is to have a bigger girl. I don't have her yet, but am hoping that she fits in with what I already have and doesn't seem too much like a giant. :hamster:

2. I feel the same way as you two do. I was originally planning a group of only minis and a tiny or two (excluding the Zaoll Luv I want to add to my collection), but seeing the darker tan really really makes me want one. She's so pretty and detailed and I think she'd make a wonderful grown up version of my Bambicrony tan Emily.

I hear that she wears 7/8 sized wigs so that wouldn't be bad at all-- she could share wigs with my MSDs.

3. Thanks everyone for the advice! I might try to do that, and see if someone wants to switch to a darker tan shade. She is very lovely, with a bronze/ebony color onto her, but I was looking for something slightly less saturated.

Miss Ally, be very careful... something similar happened to my tanning limwha Mano, the tan resin sometimes greens and starts where the resin is thinner.

4. Dear friends, I want some advice from you! My new tan rosy has a problem: her face skin tone and body skin tone rather different, face more lighter. I think the reason is a lot of MSC on her face, but yesterday I used MSC on her body - no effect.
      Have you any ideas, what to do with this problem. May be I wrong used MSC...?
      see the difference:
      [​IMG]

5. You'd probably have to do several layers on her body before it would match the head again.

6. I had several layers, now body has matte effect, but still has the difference in colors.

7. Interesting. Did you check the inside of the headcap? If it's the same colour inside as the body, then it might be a different kind of sealant being used. If it's a completely different colour inside, then it probably isn't the sealant.

8. It could be a difference in sealant, or perhaps the sealant has reacted to become more cloudy. My Rosy came blank although her head was a slightly different texture/shade, more matte and less omgshiny than the rest of her. I've sealed her all over with MSC and she matches fine.

1. Fresh from box
      2. MSC on head only
      3. MSC all over

On a side note, if anyone chooses to seal their tan dolls all over I reccommend sueding all the joints, otherwise you get an annoying white dust from the MSC flaking (joint friction)

9. My Rosy arrived yesterday and I am so in love. I am trying to find clothes and wigs now.

10. Hi - Does anyone know when Supia will re-open for orders?

11. Hi emmelia! Supia is open once again. The tanned Rosy I was hoping for seem to be no longer available though....

12. PacificBlue- Hi & thanks! I am glad they are open, but am sorry there is no tan Rosy. Maybe they will offer her again later in the season & you can buy her then.

13. I went on there to order her yesterday, but she is gone. I didn't think she was going to be limited, but I guess so.

14. I don't know if this is the right place for this question or if it is even appropriate ( I did a search and came up empty) so I apologize in advance. Do 14mm eyes fit in the Supia Rosy head well? I've tried 16mm and I thought the iris looked way too big.

15. The supia rosy is so pretty. I want a supia doll. * P * (<--drooling face)

16. reply to CynicalSim
      really? thats too bad! shes such a popular doll, I would think they wanted to keep selling her!

17. CynicalSim- I went on the site to see if I could order a Rosy & I got it to the shopping cart ok. I just did remove to empty it since it was just a trial, but it seemed ok to that point. Maybe yesterday was a glitch in the system? I would hate to see them stop selling any of their dolls.

18. I just couldn't resist posting a pic of my Rosy. I think she is just gorgeous and has really converted me to SD size girls, although she packs quite a kick.[​IMG]

19. Gypsy- Your Tan Rosy is so lovely, I really love her eyes and that wig you have on her. Her outfit is really cute too especially with the hat.