1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Surprisingly Positive Things People Have Said!

Oct 7, 2007

1. That's so sweet Velgar, I'm really happy for you.
      I know how parents can be. ._.

I haven't gotten much bad feedback from anyone But my parents,
      At first people were shocked by the price and what not,
      but When they saw my little Cadence all I heard was
      "Oh so gorgeous!"
      "You're right, it is worth the money"
      ect.

I've brought her to school occasionally for a Fashions class I'm in to make her clothes and other than the "OH ITS CREEPY" comments
      people have been very nice and very interested.

:)

2. *Coughs*
      I haven't yet even told the price... *Innocent buffing, since he has never learned to whistle*
      I mentioned to my brothers that it cost couple of hundreds...
      "Two hundred from a thing like that? Well. You do what you like with your money."
      Heee... ^^'

3. Parents suck.
      SURPRISINGLY. My -friend's- parents are supportive of EVERYTHING the girl does.

They look at pictures of our dolls and joke, "At least you're not smoking pot. XD"

4. I think that's lovely Velgar! :aheartbea It doesn't seem little to me. I know how thrilling it can be to get a completely unexpected statement like that from someone.

LOL! Well, I guess that's something... *_*

5. Actually that two hundred thing was his thought from my words. It was around six hundred or so to tell the truth...
      Soooo... :sweat

6. Oh, sorry! My previous comment was reacting to what your dad said. I almost meant to say I think it's funny how your friend thinks the doll was two hundred and not three times that. :) :sweat Hee! (I don't really tell people exactly how much they cost, either.)

7. Me neither. Least now that I have bought four of them in just a half a year. Don't know just how surprisingly positive things my folks are going to say after my second arrives... :...(
      Two of them went to my friend who can't shop online too much (no cards).

8. I feel their pain! I have to save and make payments on all of the dolls I buy.

9. I always downplay the price of anything I buy whether it costs 500 or 50....my Mom still thinks that I paid 400 for my Miyu. (it was closer to 600)...I wonder what I will say after Feanor arrives...he is close to 800.

10. Eeeeeeeeeee!! You are getting a Feanor! :aheartbea

I see no reason he can't cost "the same" as Miyu... >.> *cough*

11. The final costs are always so hard to remember...
      What now with one of my shopping sprees ending with over one thousand dollars...
      Good thing euro is stronger, otherwise my creditlimit would have snapped. :sweat

12. I think one of my favorite reactions i've ever gotten was when I went to the bowling alley to play DDR and this 15-16-or-17ish-year-old guy jumped off the machine, and started hopping up and down saying how Emilie was "the coolest thing he has ever seen EVAR". And then he said that we should trade socks. [We were both wearing striped socks. xD;;] But then he had to go home right away...but it was still really super awsome fun and it made my week. 8D

I love when people who arn't "suppost" to be into dolls according to modern society start hopping up and down saying how neato they are. <33

13. yup Feanor is on layaway :) When I saw that sculpt...I seriously fell in love!

She may find out the price anyway since one of her longtime coworkers (as in 20 something yrs) who collects dolls wants to see my doll and is considering getting a BJD. (I am going to point her at Iplehouse...my personal favourite for realistic females) I'm so happy that someone I know personally is showing interest in them....even if they may not be into the creative aspect of the dolls.

14. If Keeperofshadows hasn't stopped in yet I'm sure she will but I have a story from when we went on a little holiday together and brought Kiyoshi.
      We went to Salem for this ghost hunt and it was at night, and me and Keeper where holding hands having a good time and poor Kiyoshi was getting so cold so i zipped him up in my coat so his head stuck out, and this woman was looking at us the whole time, but you get that with BJD's so I thought 'no big' right? Well when it was finally all over with and we where getting ready to get in the car and go home she came up to us and asked about him saying how beautiful that he was, she asked to hold him and everything and I think she really enjoyed him, then she asked if there was a website she could look at them on, I think we gave her the Eluts address, thats where alot of us start so why not her?

15. LOL. I can't say that's ever happened to me, but it's definitely wonderful (and funny)!

Absolutely!! I am hoping to get a Sylvia myself someday. Gods, I love her sculpt! :aheartbea

That's so sweet! I love how you zipped him up into your shirt, LOL. And, eLuts is where I started, too!

16. at a meet we had our dolls all up on the table and someone passing by noticed that both natsuo and I were wearing the same socks and wanted a picture! we had missmatched black/white, pink/white striped knee highs on XD I wish I knew why they were so very amused..

17. Hmm...I've heard LOTS of "Oh, how nice"; people being polite more than anything else. But probably the nicest, most positive thing is something my husband did.

We were attending a meet-up and he was very tired and didn't feel well. I was strolling around taking pics when I spied him looking half dead with Imbri sitting on his knee facing him. He picked her up and started playing with her with a little smile on his face. Tony has always been good about my dolls, but this showed he can and does enjoy them as much as I do.

[​IMG]

18. How cute!! I especially love that you got a picture of their interaction! :aheartbea

19. It's not so much what my little brother said...more what he did. Little D (my bro) is only 7, and up until the other day he's always been really MEAN to my dollies (though, he claims to want a dollfie 'like Lala has!'). Well, Matti was standing next to him on the stairs and decided to just pitch forward - you know how they like to do that sometimes, no? Well, Little D caught him...then, sat him down and said, "I think he's tired of standing. I'll make him sit. There you go, dollfie doll!" and then handed him his little bear.

It was the sweetest thing ever - and since that day, he's been really nice to Matti and really likes to play with him!

La

20. Well my fiance has been the most supportive of my dollhobby. As much as my friends enable, he helps me really justify the purchases! He got my family and friends together to buy me my first doll, a standard Sooah. AND he got me my Min Del Re for Christmas last year, and is buying me a Shall head for this coming Christmas! ;) I can't really ask for much more than that, but when I'm being silly and waffling on a purchase, he helps me figure out what it is I really want and how to best plan to get it.

My parents are somewhat neutral, but my mother does surprise me by striking up conversations about them now and then, and also dragging people over to see the dolls. She wants me to quit my day job and sew for dolls for a living, LOL, so I guess that's supportive (though 'for a living' means I don't get to spend my sewing earnings on dolls anymore!).