1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Surprisingly Positive Things People Have Said!

Oct 7, 2007

1. The sweetest thing was when I took Mika (CH St Mina) to dinner with some friends and my oh-so-handy-man friend bowed to her and offered to make her a four poster bed. Which he did...its so beautiful. I think his exact words were "I would be honoured if you would let me make a bed for such a beautiful lady"...awww. Think there may be pics of it around on the site somewhere.

Also, when I took them to work once a woman I didn't know came over and looked all wistful n said "It's nice to have something lovely in this world. It makes up for the ugliness"...couldn't have put it better myself!

2. My mom doesn't know that my tiny girl is, well... Mine. XD; I tell her whenever I have her out (rarely!) that she's my best friend's, and I make clothes for her sometimes since my friend has so many, and I like playing with the little girl. Eh-heh. But the first time I was showing her off, it was sweet... I mentioned that she had a really good professional faceup (by ViYa, which is an amazing faceup artist). She looked closely, then said, "I like your faceups. You can do one as good as that." As sweet as that was, I told her I couldn't... ^^; But I thought it was very nice, her saying that.

3. Sweet!! :aheartbea It's kind of like his falling gave him protective feelings about your doll and now he cares for it!

He really is supportive, which I think is so awesome! :thumbup

:ablink:

Me, too, but only so that I can buy all the outfits! LOL. I'd have to get a second job just to pay for them! LOL.

Awww! I think that's so sweet about the bed and how he offered to make it! I need to see if I can find the pictures.

I don't think I coud've put it better myself, either!

Definitely! Do you think one day you'll tell her she's really your doll?

4. lishelove - I think you may be right. Not five minutes ago, my little brother presented Matti with an Origami 'samurai hat' and an Origami swan as presents....

Me: What's that?
      Dave (little bro): It's a Samurai hat! See, I bet it fits him!
      Me: Aww...
      Dave: What's his name?
      Me: Matti
      Dave: Well, Matti...you're a Samurai Warrior now!! Here, you need a pet swan...
      Me: *dies of cuteness overload* Davie-bear (my pet name for Dave), you are a sweetie. Thank you!

It was soooo cute! I even took pictures, which will go up in the gallery as soon as I get a chance to upload them to the compy!!!

La

5. Aw! That's wonderful! :aheartbea I can't wait to see the pictures!

6. Yay! ::goes to check it out::

7. My brother who was disdainful of my BJD came in one day and said, "That's pretty cool." I can't remember why (new clothes or wig or something). But it made me quite happy. He got interested in BJDs after that. Er, but lost interest again a few months after. >_>

A friend was impressed by how customizable they were and insisted on sitting through an entirely boring session of me cleaning off a face-up. O_O But she said it was cool and wanted to watch me face-up (I was too embarrassed in the end).

Someone I didn't know very well had seen pictures of my doll and came up to me to say with a grin, "I think your doll is pretty...and really sexy." ^_^;; It seemed sincere and rather amused me because he really wasn't familiar with dolls but I think he was pointed towards the pictures by another BJD hobbyist.

Ah...it's always good to remember the few positive responses from others... Heh.

8. My husband and I are moving this weekend under circumstances that are very upsetting, so I was hugging my dolls and trying to calm down when my husband asked to let him see the site where I was admiring the doll I want next. So I took him to Iplehouse and showed him Lion, and he said he'd do what he could so that I could still get him. I was so touched, because he's not much into my doll hobby :)

9. It sure is. (I would also totally sit and watch someone remove a face-up and put a new one on! For me, it's because I have absolutely no talent in those areas whatsoever, so it'd be fascinating to watch someone who knows how to do it!)

I'm so sorry about your move! :( I really hope things turn out okay. And, you will get Lion, which is one on my most wanted list--lucky! :aheartbea

10. In reading these replies I must say it's so good to see positive things said about these dolls and their owners as opposed to the bad. I feel these dolls do offer so much to us. Not just in their beauty, but allowing us to express our creative sides weather sewing for them, re-doing faces or just taking pictures that show that wonderful side we see. I for one look forward to the day when my MIL does not mistake one of my handsome men as a girl. But do enjoy what my DD, as well as my sweet DIL has to say about each new one who shows up in our home as well as sharing the passion now with my DD who before never wanted to share anything with me except the occasional article of clothing. These dolls have brought so much into my life and if others are able to share with outsiders and bring them in, the more the merrier!!

11. Exactly! :aheartbea

That's why I think it's so hurtful when someone is mean and disrespectful about them. It hurts our feelings to be made fun of for a hobby that is completely harmless that brings us joy for these dolls that we love and treasure. Very misunderstood. But, it's so nice when you get someone who is not derogatory but accepting and curious--and who surprises you with their positivity (it's really sad that positivity is a surprise and not something that can generally be expected)!

12. When I first got Rune my mom just looked at her, slowly trying to mimic her HUGE eyes, and then she said "She's cute, she suits you, and she seems like such a sweet girl." that made me smile and hug her. When yasu came I was just all over his face-up saying how great it is and how realistic but she just picked up Rune and said "But I still like Rune, yeah he is pretty, but Rune is so speical." I couldn't stop smiling and I had a feeling Rune couldn't stop blushing ^.^

13. There was a restuarant in Austin I frequeted quite often, managed by this older Chinese woman who I loved (for some reason xD), even though she never really talked to us or smiled.

I brought my doll in after I had gotten him and she truly lit up.
      It was so amazing to see her smile for the first time!
      She just kept saying - "Woooow! How beautiful...how special..."
      And staring at him & smiling so much.
      When we were leaving she was saying bye to us, but she was waving & looking at my doll. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever. It was my first experience with someone's reaction to my doll in a public place.

I brought him in one more time before I left for Seattle & had made him a Veggie Heaven shirt.
      She thought it was so cute, haha.

But yes. I've had mostly good experiences, other than the couple 'creepy' comments. (:

14. Here's a surprisingly nice thing from my mum, who's never really shown ANY interest in Cain - aside from being rather scared of him. XD I think the superrealism creeps her out.

Regardless, I was talking to her on the phone this evening, and mentioned that Hyde's head should be shipped within a month or so. She suddenly interrupted me with "You're not going to give him Cain's body, are you? That wouldn't be fair!"

I was so surprised - that's the first time she's called Cain something other than 'it', and it touched me in a weird way. :) I was like ".. No, don't worry, Hyde gets his own body."

I wonder if this is the first step to her opening up to them and being nicer to them? :ablink:

15. The story about the restaurant lady is adorable! :aheartbea And, I am thrilled that your experiences have been more positive than anything.

Cute!! :aheartbea I think she secretly was starting to like him more and more, but didn't show it outwardly. ;)

16. /

#57 Reinhart, Oct 14, 2007
      Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    17. This is only something a little positive, but it made me really happy :)
      I had was just downloading the pics of my first photoshoot or Echo and my boyfriend asked me to send him some of the pictures, at first I was little worried he might be mean about them but he wasn't! I sent him this pic of Echo sitting on a fence holding the post and he he said 'awww' and that it was really cute :aheartbea
      I sent him a few more and he thought they were cute so it made me very happy.

Ofcourse when he saw her for the first time he did say it was fun watching her falling movements :o and that he would 'love to buy one just to smash it up':|
      Then I was scared

18. I went to a meet once and overheard a guy talking about the doll I was carrying. He came over and asked lots of questions about him which made me smile. It's not often you find someone where I live who wont threaten to mash your doll up or shout obsenities at you

19. Was that the really tall guy at the Reading meet? He was nice ^^ He asked questions rather than just stare looking dumb. And he said Roo was cool xD