1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Surprisingly Positive Things People Have Said!

Oct 7, 2007

1. These stories are wonderful. It is really encouraging to see the positive reactions--no matter how small they may seem. :aheartbea

:o Sad!

2. Well, this isn't my doll --I don't own one yet--
      However, while I was with a friend and her doll at the park one
      day, a girl came up to us, looked at the doll kneeled down
      slightly to her, and said "Thank You for Existing" Very
      gleefuly may I add. That was the day I was sure I
      wanted a doll of my own.​

3. Delete :sweat double post

4. 'It's not often you find someone where I live who wont threaten to mash your doll up or shout obsenities at you'

Oh, Reading, who wouldn't wanna live there?

5. That is so sweet! :kitty1 It made me squee a little.

6. I was in my former school today getting my records (apply for college!) when I decided to attend the general assembly and see a couple of old friends.

A random girl came to me (a junior I guess) as I had my doll in my lap, held his hand gently, looked at him and said with a very nice smile: "he's really cute! Take care of him!"
      That and a janitor stopped, looked at my doll and said "wow, how very beautiful he is!"

It made me smile. I didn't think he'd get good comments. :)

7. Wow is it really that bad here? Obviously I don't plan to take my doll into central Reading anyway but so far I've gotten away with being rather unusual here and haven't had problems

8. Cutest ever!!! :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

9. I told my therapist about my getting these dolls and he said that they were an excellent idea, very good for me, and an excellent outlet for creativity! So I told my husband I had to get more since I have "official" approval. :lol:

10. Its cos youre a Uni student ^^

Reading isnt all that bad... try walking through North London at 1 in the morning o_o

11. Aww! That's incredibly sweet. I think it just made my day. :)

12. My parents are pretty weirded out by my dolls most of the time.. xD But sometimes my mom will just come into my room, look at Karo and go, "He looks really cute in that wig/outfit." She's also told me that Karrian is very masculine, which I like. XD And it just makes me smile. X3

13. Oh come on... it IS that bad :lol: I almost got run over whilst carrying my doll!!! On the pavement... although I don't really think that was to do with the doll :nowords:... BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN :shudder

14. Actually I doubt that is to do with the doll. Its to do with the fact that people in Reading can't actually drive. I've almost got knocked off my bike by the reading bus many times. And I crashed my car in a car park in reading. Many other near misses when walking/cycling/driving there besides! I think there's a radial zone around central Reading that as soon as you enter within a few miles of it your driving becomes crap.

But anyway on topic, I dropped into work today to say hi and everyone was saying about how excited they are to see my doll, its so lovely. My Nan is so excited as well, she keeps saying how she's going to talk to Kira when nobody else is home. lol, I didn't want to tell her that Kira won't be getting left home too often, he's coming to Reading with me!

15. Hmmm maybe Reading isn't so bad... I remember some of the dirty looks that made Pyrope and I laugh but it's more the friends that we have, have a strong dislike, or are too opinionated to accept people's differences:| , that have a problem with it. The people in Reading Centre weren't too bad :)

16. I'm usually very shy and prefer to keep things to myself, but I told my brother about wanting a Chiwoo for a Birthday/Christmas gift (my birthday is only a month away from Christmas so.....)
      I showed him the Luts sight and the doll I wanted and he smiled and said he was just my style!
      As I was backing up to show him the boy body (to show that they were anatomically correct), he told me to click on Lu Wen and promptly fell in love with him! :aheartbea especially when he discovered Lu Wen had elf ears and vampire teeth! >w<
      He started going over what eyes he should have and he loved the reddish-brown fur wig in the pictures. He also stated that if I got a Chiwoo he would get a Lu Wen and they could be best friends or brothers!

I :aheartbea my bro sometimes X3

17. I took the plunge and, while on vacation this past week, took my Sephiroth (Yukinojo) to a cemetary in Half Moon Bay in CA for pictures. I'd seen that lovely little cemetary for years when I lived there and never stopped by, but I'm glad that I did now - apparently it was quite the place to be on a Tuesday morning. There were a couple pulling weeds who thought he was lovely, and a group of construction workers from down the street having their morning break picnic in between the headstones, and a goth girl going about with a guy with a camera. o_O But the best part was the big, burly, scruffy, flannel-clad stubble-faced guy passing through who looked at Seph and exclaimed "Your doll is gorgeous!"

Quite possibly the most unexpected doll compliment I've had yet. XD

-Starherd

18. Oh my goodness I used to go out to Half Moon almsot every weekend well there and Pacifica. if you want a reeealy cool cemetary to go to try the one in Oakland its HUGE and beautiful its on the corner of Kings X tavern down the street from Safeway I think the exact directions will come to me in awhile but I see you are from CO so maybe you are home now :(.

19. Yeah, back now -_- But I manage to get back to CA about once a year, so I shall file that away for future use. I'm plotting how I can sneak into the cemetaries in Pittsburgh when I go back to PA for the holidays... This is addictive! :-D

-Starherd

20. I ordered Falcon;s head together with my Friend's El. When they arrived, she was REALLY excited about her own doll, but also about the head. At a certain moment she said: 'he is so handsome! Way more handsome than my El!'

I didn't really know how to react, but it was certainly sweet :) When she comes over she alwasy compliments my doll with his prettyness.