1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SWITCH/SNG La vie en rose : Discussion thread

Jun 30, 2010

1. Switch (So Nyeon Gi) La Vie en Rose:
      Ajeong - Milhwa - Hahwa - Huisa

I'll be putting up more information and photos on the heads that are of this series. Until then, please discuss anything you guys like 'bout some of the most beautiful heads (IMO) that SNG has created so far. ;)

[​IMG]
      MILHWA (1st release: February 2010 / Event Release: January 2011)
      Head Circumference: 8.7"
      Eyes size: 16mm~Smaller 18mm
      Compatible bodies: VOLKS SD13 Boy (UV Skin) / CUSTOMHOUSE AI Boy (Renewal ver.) /
                Luts S.Delf Boy / other 60cm bodies
      Skin Type : White and Normal skin tone
      Special Present : LA VIE EN ROSE Original story book

[​IMG]
      AJEONG (1st Release: February 2010)
      Head Circumference: 8.7"
      Eyes size: 16mm~18mm
      Compatible bodies: VOLKS SD13 Boy (UV Skin) / CUSTOMHOUSE AI Boy (Renewal ver.) /
                Luts S.Delf Boy / other 60cm bodies
      Skin Type : White and Normal skin tone

[​IMG]
      HAHWA: Dreamlike MILHWA ver. (1st Release: July 2010 - Ltd. 50 / Event Release: January 2011)
      Head Circumference: 9 "
      Eyes size: 16mm
      Compatible bodies: 60cm Scale BJD body
      Skin Type : Only Normal skin tone
      Special Present : LA VIE EN ROSE Spin-off Original story photos

[​IMG]
      HUISA (1st Release: September 2010 / Event Release: January 2011)
      Head Circumference: 9"
      Eyes size: 16mm~18mm
      Compatible bodies: 60cm Scale BJD body
      Skin Type : Normal skin tone

Information and photos from http://from-switch.com
      Switch/So-nyeon-gi DoA Database
      So-nyeong-gi/4D Resin Comparison Thread
      Thread for Ajeong and Milhwa
      Thread for Hahwa

Alternative bodies:

2. :...(I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!! i just found the company and i just love him!!!!:...(

3. I'd promised to do this while we were still waiting for Hahwa in the waiting room. So here're the photos! :lol:

[​IMG]

Switch's La Vie en Rose packaging. 'Life through rose-coloured glasses'. The boxes are pretty sturdy, although my Milhwa's box's adhesive on the side wasn't sticky enough, so I had to add more tape to get it together again.

[​IMG]

Their headcaps! The White skin Milhwa has the old plaque, "A Piacere Ma Non Troppo". (With some research, I've found out that it means "At your own pace (lit. at pleasure), but not too much". Which sounds really comfortable to me. ^_^) Normal skin Hahwa has the new Switch logo. (The old one's prettier, with a Studio Ghibli museum style to it!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side-by-side front comparison of Hahwa and Milhwa. Interestingly, the difference in both the Milhwa and Dreamlike Milhwa isn't just in their eyelids, but also in their lips. Hahwa's seems more sculpted and Milhwa's bottom lip seems to be a tad bit thicker.
      (Natural lighting coming from the bottom-side of the 2nd photo, which 'causes them to have dark eye rings, which usually can't be seen.)

[​IMG]

It also looks as though Hahwa's got a half-open mouth. People who've already sent your Hahwas for face-ups, can you confirm if it's possible to paint in teeth? :D

[​IMG]

Last shot! I really like how they look together. My pair are meant to be brothers, so I'm really glad that I'm able to find sculpts that bear close resemblance to each other without being the exact some ones. :aheartbea I won't be sending mine for face-ups yet until I can settle some of my other future doll purchases (i.e. Body for my Laurie head :|, body for my NS Milhwa).

Hope that this photo comparison has helped some people!

4. Wow, thanks so much for your excellent pictures! I didn't realize that the mouth was different too.
      You are very lucky to have both of them, congrats! ^^

5. Oh wow, thank you so much for the comparison pictures, Bunnisteffi! *___* Never knew that there are differences other than the eyelids. XD

6. Okay, not great photos but here he is! I really love this guy - he's so purty!:B lyn_r gave him a very natural face-up. I'm not sure I'm loving the lashes but I can live with them for now. Here's the gallery link with more photos.

[​IMG]

7. lunar marsh That's really quick! The smooth pastel blending on his lips and eyelids certainly does them justice. :D

8. You're welcome! Actually, I wasn't expecting a change in anything aside from their eyelids, too. Seeing Hahwa's lips make me kinda wish Milhwa had the same. Oh well. I'd like to see more photos of the two of them together, with faceups. I'm interested to know how their dynamics will work out from their appearances. >_<

9. Yeah, it all happened much quicker than anticipated which is a really nice surprise! From getting him a body to how quickly Switch shipped out the heads and then to already have his face-up done - I'm just amazed at how smoothly this boy has been pulled together. Now to figure out a name!

10. What a GORGEOUS looking boy! Absolutely fantastic! Congrats to everyone who is getting him!

11. The face it's so elegant and soft than makes him really stunning, but I have so many dolls before in my wishlist...:(...than I couldn't get to even think about him now...:sweat

12. Am I the only nut who stayed up too late to order an Eclair wig? And why was the maple carrot the only color to not come in a 9-10 wig? I have a boy who would've looked good in it.:(

13. Looks like the Eclair Cut wig is back on sale again! They're also selling a face-care set, which is basically a face-mask with added styrafoam protection strips.

Here's the new Switch photo with Hahwa as their model, as well as an older one with the Milhwa/Hahwa brothers. ^_^ (Oddly, Ajeong hasn't been appearing in their product model shots. ._.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If only there'd been a local group order for their wigs. Oh well.

14. lunar marsh I'd love to order an 8-9inch Ivory for my Milhwa, but having to pay shipping just for one wig... Congrats on being the unique nut *stoned* getting the Eclair wig!

OTL> I've updated the La Vie en Rose thread with photos of Ajeong, Hahwa and Milhwa already. Ho hum.

15. I agree the shipping is ridiculous which is why I wanted two wigs yet I only ordered one. I really find it hard to believe that the only wig that sold out in the first 15 minutes was the 9-10" maple carrot but that's what Switch told me. I think they just didn't make any!

So, yeah, exorbitant shipping but I know the wig's a keeper.

Bunnisteffi, which thread did you update? I can't find it!

16. Thanks for the pics!

Man, you're so lucky to have them both, they really look gorgeous together. They're like rats, they need each others' company to be whole ;D As cliché as this sounds.. they complete each other ^^ Kind of.

17. Here's a picture of my completed SNG Hahwa. 8D;;

[​IMG]

I just receive his body today and couldn't take pictures during the day. Would be able to tomorrow, I hope. His body is the Spiritdoll Elegance body.

[​IMG]

The neck just fits very nicely with the head and the matching is very spot on IRL. You can't really see the difference between both skins IRL. If anybody is interested, I'll try to post full body pictures tomorrow.

18. I actually posted pictures in the other SNG thread but I will post here for people to reference. I just got the Spiritdoll Elegance body and the body skin matches very very well with my SNG Hahwa head. IRL, you can't see the difference unless you strain your eyes. Looking harder, the head looks a tad darker but it's not noticeable.

[​IMG]

I will take pictures of the full body tomorrow but in my opinion, proportion wise is very good. XD The neck just fits very nicely into the provided hole of the head. No modding and all whatsoever. Let me just put it short.

It's as if the Spiritdoll Elegance body is practically made for this damn head.

8D

19. Silver Identity Congrats on having him completed. ^ -^ As I'm thinking of getting a Spiritdoll body for mine, too, it'll be awesome if you can post comparison shots of Hahwa's head on it. My friend's also posted a SG body comparison with Volks' SdGr body. I think it can be found easily through the search tool.

lunar marsh It's the Switch La Vie en Rose thread in the Larger Dolls discussion area. For a shortcut, you can find it on my list of started threads. :) Silver Identity's Hahwa has on a Choco Cut, yeah?

20. Silver Identity He's gorgeous! You work that wig better than I can - have to play with it more, I guess. The Spirtdoll body looks like a good match!