1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking dolls to school or college?

Feb 21, 2005

1. I would definitely not recommend it. I've never brought a doll with me, but I have enough trouble keeping my flute [$1700 worth of property and very fragile *_*] safe from incoming sprinters, crowds, and various falling objects. If I could, I would keep it securely at home, but it's an obligation for my class.

2. If I were going back to school and I wanted to take Lili with me, I would keep her with me at all times unless I was sure that I could trust my roommates AND anyone they might invite over. I've had experiences where my roommates were respectful but they had friends over who stole my stuff. >:( I would keep my doll in a bag and take them everywhere with me.

Good luck :) I'm sure you'll figure out someway to keep your little boy near.

3. I'd recommend getting a trunk or locking box big enough for your doll and it's belongings that you can keep under your bed or in your closet. Then, when you can't be with your doll, you'll know it's safely tucked away (I'd recommend padding for the trunk/box as well).

4. I think that it would be worth it to bring your boy with you. If you will miss him, imagine how he will feel being left behind...

And you can establish yourself, let people know about you, share your boy with others.

I think it would be cool, and if I ever happen to go to college away from home, I would absolutly bring Anwyl. I wouldn't be able to leave him, and I don't even have him yet...

5. I honestly.. would leave him home at first, at least until you've moved in, got to know your room mate and generally settled down a little.. then you can properly make the descision if it would be safe for him there and bring him down later X3

6. thanks for you replies everyone.. :grin:
      I think I would most probablt be bringing him with me.. Because I found out that I'm going to have a room of my own.. :grin:

7. Even though it's kinda ended (^^) I agree with Shinkei*Chan.

I live in a house with my fiance and his sister; even with our doors closed and a blatant explanation of privacy, his sister's friends still come into our room. They even wrote on the Wall once (we have a Wall, where we write little things to help us remember stuff with Sharpies ^^). -_-X
      Even if you are living alone, keep in mind that vandalism happens, and were I in the situation, I would still keep my doll with me, always.

Just in case.

8. I used to take my sock monkey to school.... I would NEVER take my doll.... kids are to ruff and it is sure to end badly

9. If the school you're going to is called Grier...RUN! RUN FAR FAR AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

:barf

Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. I'm sure it's just my own experience at boarding school that makes me cringe everytime I hear about someone trying it out.

I wouldn't reccomend taking your doll. As an ex-boarder, I must say: people do NOT respect your property, even when it's locked in your room (break ins were common at my school).

10. Sweet, room of your own. Are you still going to get a Harry potter chest?! That'd be wicked cool. :oops:

11. I never had the luxury of deciding whether or not to keep Anika at home because I ordered her while I was at school. Seeing as I go to a year-round school I don't think I would have even gotten her if I knew that I'd barely see her at all. I payed money for her, she's going to be near me.

Also, I have everything that's 'costly' with me. Labtop, PS2, various other gaming systems, digital cameras, scanners, etc. and I feel safe with it. And it's probably the first thing someone would steal if they wanted to take something, not a doll.

Granted I have only had single rooms. But Anika sits on my chair not locked away in some box even though my roomates will enter my room when I'm not home to grab and watch some of my movies.

If you're really worried then do as others have suggested and see how it goes for the first couple of months and if everything's good bring the doll with you next time you go home.

12. thanks you guys.. helps me alot :grin:

13. I hope that this hasn't been asked before...if it has been, feel free to delete this! :sweat

I know that it might seem a little early to be asking about this kinda stuff, but I just applied for college and I'm uber-excited. I was wondering...what do you guys do about your dolls at college? I'm afraid that something will happen to poor Rika. I know that most college dorm rooms are shared between 2 or more people. Has anyone ever had a problem with roommates hurting dolls?

I guess I'm thinking about all the worst possible things that could happen to a BJD while at college.

Any stories, ideas, tips, that kind of thing would be great! I really want to take Rika with me to college (well, duh...lol.) and I don't want anything to happen to her.

Lara:-)

14. Your mom goes to college! o.O

:O

x3 Hehe. Sorry. ^^;

15. I know this has come up before but I think I'm like the only person who took thier doll ot college with them....I would have been afraid I think if my school had had dorms, but they had apartments in apartment buildings so our doors were never left open. I was afaird of what my roommate would do sometimes as she had no respect for other peoples things and had decided everything I owned was free game for her, but in the end nothing happened. I'm not sure what to suggest really since dorms are a completely different situation. If you end up in a room by yourself as two of my friends have then you could take her without real worry. Or if you really trust your roommate. Maybe don't take her in the begining and see what your rommate is like and if you think it will be a problem to have her there. I know with my sister she ended up having a roommate who let OTHER people into thier room when they were all leaving for weekends so thats just no good!

16. Uh...Quite a number of people have their dolls at college with them...

I've got both my boys in my dorm with me. Never have had any problems in the 2 1/2 years I've been here.

17. Same here! My boy has a comfy spot on my desk in my dorm room and people hardly bother him, unless it's to notice how pretty he is. ^^

18. my girl not here yet..but when she arrive i'm bring her go too...haha...my fren has been wanting to see her..haha...

19. Same here. He's coming directly to my dorm here in Japan, and when I go back to my uni in the UK next year he'll be with me then. Just try getting me to leave him!!

Fortunately, we don't have room-mates like people in the US seem to have to deal with, so things are safer on the whole ^^