1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking the plunge! (Nervous when ordering your first doll?)

Aug 11, 2010

1. I'm not nervous since I spend money on other kinds of dolls, but I'm super excited. So far, I have wigs, eyes, and clothes but haven't bought my girl yet. :P I've been thinking about a bjd forever and finally decided that I need one. Or two... ;)

2. I haven't ordered - I will this 31st :D but just like it happened when I first got a credit card, I'm afraid the payment won't go through or something :lol: I worry about silly things like that.

Other than that, I'm worried I'll pick her up from the box and drop / break her, stain her, dent her... you know, what everyone worries about with a shiny new pretty, ye ?

3. I just ordered my first doll after nearly a year of waiting, and after putting the order through I suddenly thought that I had maybe got it all wrong and she was the wrong doll and what was I doing spending so much money on a doll? I felt slightly sick the day after, but I feel ok now - I probably won't be totally at ease until I actually get her and realise that yes, I did make the right decision.

4. oh jez... i've been looking an fretting and whatnot and i STILL can't decide what doll really revs my engine yet... i have so many i like, but which one will win my heart? <3

5. When my friend and I went down to the Volks store in LA, I was on the fence about whether or not I was going to buy my doll. I knew which one I wanted, but I was nervous to spend that much money on something that I'd never even seen or touched in real life. As soon as I saw her and held her though, all that nervousness went away and I knew that I had to take her home with me. I haven't looked back since. :D

6. I was totally nervous. I just ordered my second doll and I'm still nervous! But I'm just a worry wart, I have so many things running through my mind. Did I order the right doll? Will it be done right? Will I receive everything? Will it be damaged? Will the post office damage it on the way? Will I be here when it arrived? Will they just leave it on the front step(They've done it before with a $75 Appa plushie. Ask me if I was impressed)? It all turned out the first time, though, so I don't think it'll be so bad this time.

7. I am kinda nervous about it, but not really. I'm almost certain I'm set on a Souldoll (Amy)
      But I know I won't get her until after the holidays since I have to save for a holiday trip first. So I"ve still got time to think about it.
      Unless someone surprises me with this awesome doll for xmas! and that would just be all sorts of amazing! =p

Really I'm just more anxious! I can't wait to get her.

8. I'm about to order my first doll today and I gotta say I'm a little nervous about it! I've looked at dolls for two months before finding the one, but I'm still worried that I'm choosing the wrong body for her. Or that as soon as I buy her an even better option will come up! Actually I've been hooked by the new Rosette dolls that just came up and I'm gonna put one on layaway. I thought about just getting the Rosette and not worrying about the Soulkid, but I've got my heart set on her!

I'm super excited about getting her, and just a tiny bit worried that I'll be disappointed when I open the box, because I've read about that here and there on the forums too. But I'm so happy about getting her, I think everything should be fine! *crosses fingers*

In another way, I can see this hobby is gonna be expensive, and that makes me a little nervous too. I'll have to budget myself carefully! :sweat