1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. I would say it does. lol

2. sadly i talk to mine all the time. Like when im sewing as well i yell at them if their legs wont go straight for skirts or something, or when im dressing them i yell at them when they don't cooperate. Then when i put them back on their shelf for the day i yell at them when their arms wont stay the way i want them or if the fall over. I get angry and talk to them alot otherwise i talk to them like "Hey, hows your day. Stiff? Cool. im off to school, bye" that sorta thing lol

3. I always say good night to them, when I leave the room.

4. Typically, I only talk to Anton... And by "talk" I mean I curse at him and call him names because he likes to be difficult when I try to play with him.

5. I nurture this habit at work talking to the mop, goodie bags falling off their pegs, and even yelling at the unmentionables. Even as a chronic one way conversationalist, it's the big dolls that elicit the most conversation-like comments. I tend to like sculpts that smirk and smile at you, due to my character line up being made of many sneaky mischievous rogueish characters... perhaps the look on their face alone and registering that character in my mind is further encouraging such yelling... Best one was the instinctual 'would you get out of here!' and shove after a certain someone decided to faceplant in my lap while I was starting the car. Sometimes dolls act exactly like their characters.

6. I love talking to my dolls. It brings me some comfort and joy. I use to take my Abadon to visit my mom and she even got to saying hello to him when we walked in the door. My mother passed not to long ago and I look at Abadon a lot and say out loud "yes I miss her to". I think it helps make an amazing connection not just between me and my dolls, but also whom we interact with.

7. I would say thank you and give them a big hug:)

8. I talk to my dolls a lot mostly just because I'm messing with their appearances a lot and idk I feel like talking to them helps me to build their characters or just kind of lets them know how nice they look? If that makes sense..

9. I talk to my dolls when I'm working on them, or when I'm in a silly mood. When I'm working on them (dressing them, taking off heads, putting in eyes, etc) the conversation usually goes along the lines of "Stop being uncooperative! Don't you want to look nice? Hold the h@ll still!" When I'm in a silly mood the conversation usually goes something like "Well Johnny, that girl of yours will be here soon!" or "What do you think of this wig?" or "Oh Alistair, you look so funny!" Just goofy stuff like that.

There was also one other time, back when Johnny was an only child. I had this bizarre dream that he was alive. It was so vivid that when I woke up I reached over, tapped him, and said "You haven't been playing possum on me, have you?" LOL, needless to say the answer was a nonverbal "no," but it was one freaky experience!

#189 RagingMoon1987, Aug 18, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    10. Ye I usually just vent to my dollies when I'm feeling down in the dumps about something, or when I'm getting frustrated while dressing them or something of the sort^.^

11. I do talk to my big guys, especially David about his hair or if in going to change the outfit on them.

12. Does shouting expletives when an s-hook slips and gouges me count? :XD:

13. I talk to my dolls. I think it's funny to and I rather enjoy it.

14. I don't generally talk to my dolls because I am too busy thinking about their little stories, but occasionally I will find myself muttering something along the lines of "You look pretty in that outfit " or "Why are your legs so floppy?"

15. I talk to mine, typically I talk to them about them. It helps their character and characteristics really stick to them, gives that sense that they are adapting and becoming the person they're supposed to be. <3

I also talk to them when I'm trying to sort things out, it's a way to keep me from saying something I might regret or that isn't as well thought out in the heat of the moment.

16. I certainly do. It was more often when I was in college and lonely. The most common thing for me to do was give practice presentations to them or explain concepts while studying. Each of their characters had a different level of understanding of my major so it was simple to adjust. I like speaking out loud when I study (it helps me retain information). As for the practice presentations, that was true as well but also it helped me practice keeping eye contact as this is something I tend to struggle with.

17. I don't really talk to my dolls, but I often talk to myself while I work with my dolls. I'm not really certain why I don't speak to them when I so often speak to my cats who has as big a chance of understanding me as my dolls does.

18. I would always great my dolls in the morning, say goodbye before I go to work, and good night before I sleep. On my free time with her, I would talk about how my day went and what plans I have for her. It makes me feel comfortable with her that way.

19. Yup! I'm a big believer in the supernatural, so I try to be nice to them.

20. Oh yeah I talk to my dolls... its fun to imagine them talking back to you too.