1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. Oh no! Ouch! Goodness, I hope I never have to experience this pain :(

2. Er... too much? :sweat I can't think of a time when I'm not talking to them.

3. Just use a ribbon or a restringing tool when removing the head, don't be lazy like me and just hook your finger into it when the doll is strung super tight and you'll be fine :thumbup

4. Hehe! Will do :)

5. :aangel:Mine can be kicky or decide to not cooperate when I'm dressing them. That is normally when I get frustrated and talk to them

6. I talk to them... But I told to most objects. I would say stuff like "Aren't you excited little one? You're getting new clothes today!" or "WHY AREN'T YOU BEHAVING I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU! YOU'RE A BRAT! STOP FALLING DOWN!". XP

7. I speak to them haha, like, "hey could you stop that" or anything else like that. I'm used to talking to myself though? So I don't find it weird to speak to them haha

8. This is a fun topic and yes, I talk to them mostly when I'm fitting clothes to them or dressing them!
      But yeah, its mostly annoyed "arghh" noises if they dont cooperate haha xD

9. When Ingrid first arrived, I couldn't stop cuddling her and telling her how much I love her! She looks especially sad now that I did her faceup (I wanted her to look worried but I went into overkill with her facial expression) so she needs all the hugs she can get!

10. I don't oftentimes talk to him, although when I do, it's when I pass by him and give him a pat on the head.
      Ooooor.... whenever I'm cleaning or changing him out of his clothes.

11. I talk to Len a bit, usually when I'm dressing her or making her new clothes. I say things like, "Oh you're going to look so pretty~" and the like.

12. I talk to mine all the time, we have grand conversations. I also sometimes believe that they come to life like in Toy Story as lights will be on or things moved when I come back to the room - sometimes it is a little scary.

13. I don't talk to my dolls in any way that would expect a response. But I definitely do talk too them...then again I talk to my art as I am making it as well, I think of it as a part of my creative process :)

14. Used to, I don't have any I'm keeping right now, so not at the moment. Once my new girl gets here, you can bet she will be siting around while I work, and I'll be talking to her about everything I'm doing... xD

15. I tend to talk to my dolls in my head. Right now, I only have two custom off-topic dolls out and my resin tiny is put away safely until I decide how I want to display her and the MSD sized doll I am working on. I tend to talk to anything when I'm working with it though, dolls included! Sometimes out loud, but often in my head too. It's not uncommon that I think; "Yes, that looks so good on you!" or "That's a perfect fit" or even scold them for not properly posing. :lol:

16. I have talked to my Doll the whole time I have had him~ I talked to him a lot when I was removing his old mods and faceup when I bought him, and now I speak to him when I dress and pose him~

17. I don't hold long conversations but I do talk to my dolls. Such thinks like - telling them "goodnight" and "you are sooo... cute" or "I adore you". And just now, I asked them what else do I talk to them about.

18. I'm the kind of person who often talks aloud when I'm doing stuff on my own, so of course I ended up talking to my dolls. Most of what I say seems to consist of variations of "I'm sorry" or "I'm such a bad mom" though.... :XD:

19. I do talk to my bjd's, not that they would respond, but the thought that counts. Mostly on what clothes they want to wear and if they like to watch Youtube bjd video's with me. I kinda think in my head they like seeing other bjd's. That's my opinion though :)

20. When I received new clothes for them, I was like "///// LOOK! HOW CUTE YOU ARE!"