1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. I talk to my dolls whenever I'm working on them or crafting for them. "Ok Pumpkin,now we're going to make your wig!"
      But also like other people said,I talk to inanimate objects all the time.

2. I tell my vinyl guy to shut up when his joints creak too loudly! :sweat

Other times, it's generally just little compliments as I'm dressing them or tending to their hair. Little admonishments, if they fall over or don't behave as I'd like them to when I'm posing them.

I don't tend to 'talk' talk to them, like spilling secrets or unbottling emotions. I tend to just hold them close in silence, then. Rather than full-blown [one-sided] conversations. It's still quite comforting, just holding them.

3. I always talk to my doll, when I making something for him like: "arms up", "wow that lovely feet", and "you look pretty". But I always talk to my 2 cats and myself too. :sweat

4. Well...I reprimanded one of my boys for falling over and breaking off a piece of his sword the other day. Clearly it was his fault for being a klutz, rather than mine for not posing him securely. :sweat

5. I haven't caught myself doing that yet. However I don't often talk aloud to myself. I might occasionally move my mouth when I "talk" to myself but rarely does any sound come out.

6. I talk to my doll sometimes, when I'm posing him or when he is just sitting at the table while I use the computer or read a book, it's just one of those things when we are sharing a moment. It's rather therapeutic and part of the reason why I enjoy having him around for company. It feels a bit like talking to a plant or inanimate object, but I feel more affectionate when it comes to talking to my doll, perhaps owing to the fact that he looks like a person and he's shelled from a character.

7. I do give my dolls little compliments when I find them too cute or just simply adorable at times. :D

8. I do tell them off when they're too kicky or don't want to pose, or insist on falling on their faces. But that's about it.:)

9. Only when they don't co-operate ...

10. I don't have full-blown conversations, but I compliment them and sometimes give running commentary while dressing them. Things like "And now we're getting this hoodie on" or "Let me get those sneakers laced up." But I'm also the type who talks to inanimate objects generally so it's pretty ordinary for me haha.

11. Regularly. But for some reason they do not respond.

12. Sometimes when I get ready for work and I misplace my cars I ask my doll when did I placed them lol, she never helps me.

13. When they are being especially finicky to dress or pose I will talk to them and say stuff like, 'why are you being so difficult', or ,' I put all this effort in making this, you better fit in it'. Silly stuff like that. I don't really conversate with them, I normally just make silly comments.

14. honestly i talk to my dolls all the time when im upset or gotta vent mostly when i play with them too. i think it's pretty normal as long as they dont reply XD id have far more problems in that case and a doctor visit lol

15. When they won't cooperate with me, I talk to them. "Don't be like this, Christopher!" Or maybe "Oh come on now Elizabeth, I know you can stand" haha

16. I don't hold conversations with Chaeri (well, except in my photostories, but you know what I mean), but I do talk to her. Just little offhanded comments like "Let's get your face protector on" or "I'm making your new dress today" or "Okay, where the heck did your wig get off to this time?" Or sometimes, when she's looking especially lovely, I just look at her and say "Hello, pretty girl."

17. I'm definitely in the "talks to all sorts of inanimate objects" category, so... (When I knock my pillow off the bed, my immediate response is, "Oh, I'm sorry!" :lol:)

I don't usually do this out in public of course, but once I was setting Rin up on a rock in a Japanese garden and scolded him for not cooperating, and when I turned to step back and take a photo, there was a young girl standing there staring at me like... :nowords:

18. I talk to my dolls an awful lot :sweat I live alone so it's nice to have something I can at least have a pretend conversation with. Typically, I just ask opinions like, "What do you think, Darcy?" Or when I'm trying to figure out stuff about their character, I just sort of stare at them and go, "Who are you? What do you like?"

Though, I talk to them more when I take them out places. I've got some tinies that I'll occasionally bring around with me and talk quietly to them as I go shopping instead of muttering to myself like I normally do lol

19. I talk to them sometimes if I feel lonely or when they don’t cooperate. I talk to them the same way I talk to my cat. Sometimes I imagine if they talk to eachother when I go out.

20. Hmm I don’t think I have talk to them like to form a conversation. I just when I’m dressing them or taking pictures I’ll say something like “you’re so pretty” or “please stay still.” I think if you talk to your pets why not your dolly companion! :hamster: