1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. I talk to my dolls, my bird, my stuffed animals and everything *lol*

2. I sometimes talk to my dolls, like if they aren't coming out right in photos I try to give them posing advice as I move them around haha!

3. I talk to mine a lot lol they know how I feel I like to give them loads of cuddles as I don’t get cuddles from anyone or family except my dog she loves cuddles

4. I always talk to them coz I treat them as beings. :whee:

5. I do! I coo at them too much and I know for a fact they are half amused half annoyed by it.

6. I sort of do! Most “conversations” that happen if any at all tend to be silent, just in my head. But I’ve found that I’ll still chatter to my doll sometimes under my breath, especially when I’m working on homework or a new dress into the very late, quiet hours of the night and everyone else is asleep except me, or when it’s just me at home. I mumble and mutter a lot of stuff out loud to my doll lolollll. “Be careful now” if I’m sitting her on the table edge, or “There you go” when I’m adjusting her wig, or “Check this out” when I’ve finished sewing her something new!

I think by far the most common phrase I’ll say to my doll is, “Oop — sorry.” Accidentally bump her so she flops over? “Oop — sorry.” Jostle her wig while changing her clothes? “Oop — sorry.” Realize I’m touching her face while adjusting her head? “Oop — sorry!!” :XD:

7. I lisp quietly "you're so cute" and kiss my most beloved dolls on their foreheads when I try on some new wigs etc. and I feel great about their new look. Usually, it's the child-like, plumpier dolls I like hugging. I love being kissed on forehead the most, so that's why :)

8. I talk to my dolls all of the time. I think of them as my children. In other doll clubs, I have written and posted stories about them.

I, especially, talk to my Iplehouse BID when I am dressing her because her wig has a tendency to fall off. I will say something like, "Elyse, Mama does not want you to lose your hair today so please be a good girl," She will answer back (well in my mind), "Yes, Mama, I will." She is such a good child.

9. Well... sometimes it happens :lol:

10. Yes, I do. I scold them when they get kicky, calling them "bad boy" or "bad girl"(depending on who is being kicky). Complement them on their wigs, eyes, clothes, shoes(I'm always saying how adorable my LTF and KDF are, and how pretty my Supia and F60 girls are). Praise them for "cooperating" with my posing them. I also apologize if I bump into one by accident, or if I knock their wigs off when trying to pose them.

11. I definitely talk to my doll all the time! I don't talk to just any inanimate object, but I sometimes talk to toys and other objects that are modeled on real creatures. I still vividly remember how alive my toys felt when I was a kid, and I kind of feel like I'm honouring that when I talk to them? They're not in-depth conversations. Usually stuff like 'are you comfortable there?' and that sort of thing, similar to what others have said in this thread.

12. I dream up whole personalities for my dolls. I think it’s perfectly normal to talk to them or for them.

13. Talking to my dolls has become a regular thing, I feel that even as I'm handling them, that I'm bothering them a bit. Like all they'd like to do is watch the windows and relax. Not whatever I am doing to them....lol