1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. I talk to my doll like he's my child and what not. But most of the time I'm yelling "DONT FALL OVER"

2. No I have never talked to my dolls. To me they are just lovely objects I dress up and honestly I would rather sit in silence with my dolls than have a conversation with someone lol.

3. I constantly talk to them. I talk to myself a lot as it is, but having my dolls around and directing the talk to them seems to make a little more sense.

4. Very rarely, but I talk to my dolls in a goofy way.
      obviously I know they can't talk back and stuff, so its usually just me goofing off.

*fiddling with my resin bud*
      "I need buy some new hands for Leigh here, she wants to be able to fist bump her friends.
      Isn't that right Leigh?"

*dramatic head turn to doll, then turn to my friend*

"She says YES!!"

5. Yeah, I talk to my dolls too! Then again I talk to almost anything, my pets, my computer, the microwave, myself...But it doesn't bother me at all, and I don't think its weird or "crazy". It's just nice to talk to somebody/something, even if they don't answer. Helps to clear my thoughts. I don't have actual conversations with them aloud but I tell them things, like how my day went, what kind of photoshoot I plan to make with them, what is the weather like outside and so. Though I have conversations with them in my head, I think about how they would answer to something and so on. It helps me to figure out the dolls personality :)

6. I do talk to my dolls, but it is in no way different from the way I talk to my computer ("hurry up, you!" when programmes aren't opening as quickly as I would like, or, "no, no, no, that's not at all what I wanted!" when I open the wrong file), or to locks ("come on, come on..." - I'm very bad at opening locks, somehow), or to my cat ("no, you've had quite enough candy, just finish your plate!").

In short, I will talk to anything and anyone, and dolls aren't an exception to that.

When I was a child, I used to do voices for my Barbies and made them talk to each other, but it has never crossed my mind to do that with my BJDs. They are a family and belong together, but I don't "play" with them they way I used to as a child.

7. I find myself reading aloud with my doll near whenever I add to her story,I don't know if that really counts as talking to her but up until having her I was not really the type to read aloud.
      i guess I just figured that since it's her story she ought to know what's going on.:lol:

8. I talk to them all the time.
      Sometimes it's just "Soraya baby, where did your shoes go?"
      Or if I bump them I'll say sorry. If their joins get twitchy I'll tell them to stop it.
      Little things like that.

9. I talk to them a lot when I'm playing with them or touching them, when I'm not running out the door to get to class I usually kiss them all goodbye and tell them that I'll be back later.
      When I go back to my home town for the holidays, I take them on the train with me and will apologize quietly and frequently to them for having them all stuffed together in one big bag, so long as no ones sitting next to me! ;)

10. Yes I talk to them. I know they aren't real but they aren't the only inanimate object I have talked to. I've even jumped in my room to "surprise" them yelling "WHATRE YOU DOIN!?". The blank stare afterwards is funny to me.

I'm 100% weird and don't care.

11. Yes, this pretty much sums up what I do too. Tell them to stay if I run and grab something during a photoshoot, or just randomly compliment them if they look extra nice one day!

12. I'm a fairly quiet person at home so while I don't speak to them out loud I talk to them in my head often, usually by way of snippy comments when they aren't cooperating :XD:

'Just get the pants on dagnabit...'
      'come ooooooon'
      'if you joint bite me, so help me-'
      'OW YOU #%^@&@$%&'
      'FINE NO PANTS. BE A WIERDO THEN'
      '....don't look at me like that, ya jerk >:C'

this happens a lot :sweat

13. I have been known to talk to my dolls. It usually sounds all coochy coo and baby talk. I'm sure I sound stupid: oooooooh you're so pretty! ( squeaky voice) who's a pretty girl? You are, yes YOU are!

14. I always talk to my dolls, I try to convince my moody boy to cheer up but he's only ever happy when he's laying on my cat and talking to her.

15. I talk to mine usually when I'm doing stuff with them, or greet them whenever I get home from work, or say bye before I leave the house. Whenever I'm having a bad day I'll complain to them too sometimes. It's all a bunch of silly nonsense, but it's fun and I'm not a huge social person so I stay home a lot and do get lonely occasionally.

16. Seconding NerdyVictorian
      The talking is usually limited. It's more like giving comments or blurting out certain things/words.
      Especially when I'm sewing something, getting the MSC on, trying wigs/eyes...
      And the things that I say most: Don't you dare to fall over! Stay! :XD:

17. I wouldn't say we have conversations, but I do compliment them and smile at them. I know they're not real, but they seem so friendly to me. :)

18. I rarely do, and when I do, my cats think I'm talking to them. However, my neighborhood has been pestered with a lot of religious people from various groups knocking on doors, so I may have keep a doll near the door and invite them in. "Aeneas di Salzano would love to hear the good news. He's undead. Isn't that right, dear?"

19. I don't have my doll(s) yet... they're still in the mail. However, I talk to everything... Walls I walk into... My car if it's being annoying... Clothes if they do or (especially) do not fit well... etc. Therefore, I imagine my dolls will not escape a similar fate. ;)

20. I'm one of those who does not yet own my doll but her character is someone I have been working on for quite awhile. I spend a lot of time talking to her in my head, especially when window shopping for clothes and accessories for her. I think when she is finally here in person that I will start talking to her out loud. It seems only natural.