1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. Oh, yes, little things like "stay put" or "I'll give your hair back in a minute", both things I said to one of my dolls today when working n sewing her a skirt :3

2. Sometimes, when I tend to greet her when I get home and she's sitting on the sofa [instead of being kept inside her box]. I do sometimes talk to her when I'm posing her for photos and such.

3. I talk to my dolls as well. haha. I feel better seeing this, now i don't feel as strange. When I carry Julian, I once bumped his head against a wall lightly. I immediately apologized and sat rubbing his head...like that would help or he felt it. haha. I catch myself whispering to them whenever I am near them. Its comforting to me I guess.

4. I talk to mine whenever I got him out and I'm working on something for him. Like, "Whaddya say, ya like the fit?" or "Don't look at me like that, you're naked for the greater good", and such.

5. I talk to my doll Elsie sometimes. When I'm posing her I talk a lot, like "stay still" and "hold that pose." Also when I change her clothes or wig, I often say "please bear with me for sec."

6. I tend to be a pretty silent person unless I'm directly conversing with a human. The only exception is that I talk to my dogs a lot. So no, I don't talk to my dolls. I have done a few photostories with them where I interact with them/have dialogue with them within the stories, but that's because the fictional characters they play within the stories are dolls, living in a human house but sentient/aware of their surroundings.

7. Oh man I talk to my guy so much. Mostly apologizing because I'm making his clothes and he's still naked, but he's very patient with me.

8. I'd probably talk to my doll. I already have, and right now he's just a head!

9. I talk to them a lot but usually not aloud, just in my head. It is usually only when I am leaving to be gone at few days that I say bye to them aloud and hello to them aloud when I am back.

10. I talk to mine sometimes, but mostly to tell about them being difficult to dress. Makes me feel better.

11. I'm just wondering... I talk to my dolls when I'm expecting a new one. :) Well,do​ you talk to your dolls?

12. small talk about their clothing or hairstyle, the most serious conversations are with my dog
      :XD::lol::dance

13. Real conversation? No. Off hand comments? Once in a while, like saying "that's nice" or "that's better" after I put on or fix a wig.

14. I sometimes talk to them off-handedly when I'm puttering around the room, yeah xD I'll be talking to myself and invite them into the "conversation" haha I've even given them a variety of weird nicknames. For example, Wallace became Wally which (somehow) became Tamale. So it's like "stop looking at me like that, Tamale" haha Embarrassing...

15. I talk to my dolls. I also talk to plants. And my cats. Well, all animals really, including the turtle in Dad's pond (in my defense, said turtle knows its name and comes when called :D) and the spiders on the wall (mostly something along the lines of "we're good as long as you stay up there and catch any mosquito that gets in, but if I ever catch you down here you're moving out") and the occasional toad that needs rescuing from off the street when I'm driving at night (yep, I'm that kind of weirdo). Then I talk to my computer and various appliances around the house, especially when they're being civilly disobedient. I guess I probably don't count since I talk to pretty much everything :sweat

16. I like talking to her, it makes her less of a thing and more alive. Dolls are little people, I'm sure some like talking.

17. I might make little offhand comments like I do to my computer. "Hurry up!" or "Stop doing that."

Now if I tried to have a conversation with it like it could actually answer back, then I'd start being worried for my health. And if it were to talk back- I'd be out the door faster than it could say "Wait!" I don't talk much but if I do I'd rather it be with another human being.

18. I totally talk to my dolls all the time. But I also talk to a lot of the other inanimate objects that I own so I may be the wrong person to ask. I was always the kind of kid who had long conversations with my stuffed animals and toys and I really haven't changed much. I probably look pretty insane talking to my dolls, as a grown woman, but like others have said it helps me figure out their characters and know what works for them.

19. Oh totally, I feel like chatting with dolls (and ourselves) is definitely something that comes with the territory. I often make little comments or complain about the amount of money I'm spending on her, even if she is just an eyeless head right now. I dread to think of what I'll be like once she's finished or even when I have more than one XD

20. Oh, yeah. I talk to everything though. I'm at home alone a LOT. The dogs get the most talking, but the dolls get their share. :)